OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/08/2023 3:13 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUG 6 ~ SAT AUG 12

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET, I am glad you had a dinner out to celebrate, so sorry though that your DDs cat had such a horrible time ((((hugs)))) hard enough to go through without problems.

THERESA you could write a book about all this, I can't believe they are still dragging about the legal stuff, maybe you need to start withholding payments, or threaten too, your time is valuable as well, maybe ask if they are accepting of YOUR bills for excess work. I do hope you have a solution soon ((((hugs))))

BJ sounds like a lovely time visiting with Tracy, did you enjoy your outing to the garden place, did you get your usual ice cream (((hugs)))) the girls are already talking about Warwick when we all go away next, he's the ice cream finder, he can sniff one out miles away LOL

SANDRA do you make your dough, or get one frozen  the ones we get here are not so good. I prefer to buy the pizza LOL, we can get frozen dough, and then make it, but it is easier to just pick up the phone LOL 
I bet you are looking forward to some nice BBQ on the 17th, I'll be thinking of you.

DEVONNE those blocks are fantastic, so pretty, they will be gorgeous in a quilt. I know many think that electric cars are going to be the only ones - but I doubt it in my lifetime, we cover too many miles in our cars here, it's a big country, lots of driving to get to places, and there is not much in the way of charging stations yet. I'll stick with petrol LOL Maybe my grands will see then more than we do. There are lots around, but still many more fuel cars.

HOLLY I made my kids make wills, it doesn't take long, and worth the time, we changed ours not too long ago, seeing we are now getting older, we put 'end of life' things in place. My BIL and his wife have gone a step further, they have chosen the music to be played at their funerals, their grands play music and are learning the tunes, I MAY leave some ideas written down, but as I'll be dead it won't really matter, they can do what they want and I will never know.

I did class this morning, we had a new lady and one who has only been once before, the new one better get there on time next class, she missed the warmup and 1/2 the exercise instructions, makes it harder for the coach, I kept her with me, so I could show her. The coach worked with her as much as possible too. 
Our challenge this week is a wall sit, they got me to do it at the end of our session, so everyone did it with me, I only got to 1 min 6 sec, hopefully I will improve by the end of the week. 

I picked up Dean, John had his 2nd part of English exam today, they are doing trials for their final exams for schooling. It's a big thing here, the kids only need to go to school for the exam, and then leave, all other students it's school as usual. Today was 3 essays, one on  poetry, one on Shakespeare, and one random. He said it was fine, he was feeling OK about them.

Have a good night all, Pete is really tired, he was working with some IT people most of the night so  we had an early dinner, curry chicken with veg and black rice, it was really good, I got a tip from W's nephew's wife at the funeral, to add a little 'fresh' orange juice to the rice after it's cooked, it made it nice, couldn't tell it was orange juice, but changed the rice  a bit. I just cut a smallish orange in half and used that juice. 

See you later.

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/08/2023 3:16 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/08/2023 7:39 am  #22

Awake at 6, laid there til 7 and got up. Ralph went to breakfast at Tim Horton’s with his brother. I have cupcakes in the oven.
I took everything out of the kitchen junk drawer. Half of it is on the table for him to go thru, a pile to donate, some trashed. If I didn’t know what it is, it’s there for him to decide. 

Janet, good thoughts for your DD and DSIL. 

8/08/2023 9:01 am  #23

DEVONNE........MY APPT WITH MY REGULAR DR WENT WELL, THANK YOU.  I DO NOT HAVE TO SEE HER TIL NEXT YEAR.  
LOVE THOSE BLOCKS YOU'VE EMBROIDERED.  THEY ARE FANTASTIC.  YOU SURELY CAUGHT ON HOW TO MAKE EMBROIDERY WORK.  GOOD JOB.

JANET......SO SORRY ABOUT THE HARD TIME DD'S CAT HAD IN ITS PASSING OVER THE BRIDGE.  I KNOW IT WILL BE MISSED.

TRISH......I BUY MY PIZZA DOUGH LOCALLY.  ITS A PIE COMPANY THAT SERVES MY LOCAL GROCER AND THEIR FROZEN DOUGH IS GREAT AND COMES IN DIFFERENT FLAVORS SUCH AS BEER, BASIL, GARLIC, ETC.  I'VE TRIED SEVERAL AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED.  THE REASON I LIKE TO BAKE MY OWN IS THAT I LOVE GROUND BEEF AND CAN ADD AS MUCH AS I LIKE TO MINE.  I ALSO COOK THE BEEF IN A BIT OF PIZZA SAUCE BEFORE TOPPING IT ON THE DOUGH.  ADDS SOME ZESTY FLAVOR.  WHEN YOU BUY ONE WITH HAMBURG TOPPING ITS VERY SPARSE, A FEW PLAIN DABS ACROSS THE TOP ONLY.  
YOUR SWEET BOYS SURE SEEM TO BE DOING SO WELL WITH SCHOOL AND THEIR SUBJECTS.  GLAD TO HEAR THAT.  THEY ARE GOOD BOYS.
I LOVE TIPS FOR COOKING MYSELF SO I AM GLAD THE ORANGE JUICE TIP WORKED FOR YOU.
THE BEST ONES I GOT SO FAR IS IN MAKING MASHED POTATOES SO THEY ARE NEVER GUMMY.  I LOVE MY MASHED POTATOES BUT HATED WHEN THEY SOMETIMES CAME OUT GUMMY OR LUMPY.  I DO NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM ANYMORE.

SEWHAPPYPATTY......ITS A SPECIAL DAY FOR YOU TODAY.  WISHING YOU A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.  DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL PLANS? 
ITS ANOTHER RAINY DAY HERE.  LOTS OF IT FALLING RIGHT NOW.  EXCEPT FOR ONE DAY ONLY, I HAVE NOT HAD TO WATER MY GARDEN THIS SEASON. 
I BAKED SOME CHICKEN BREASTS LAST NITE TO HAVE TODAY FOR MEALS. WILL HAVE SOME WITH SOME RICE OR PASTA ON THE SIDE FOR SUPPER I THINK.  I STILL HAVE A COUPLE PIECES OF PIZZA TO FINISH FOR LUNCH. 

THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/08/2023 9:06 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/08/2023 9:51 am  #24

Good Morning, it is 63* outside this morning, very still and cloudy, looks like it could rain, would love it!!  Have no plans for the day, Frank just got out of shower, took him some coffee and have mine, so we're all set.  Do believe Sharon is coming today to clean, should be here in about 15 minutes.

Tracy and her family are going on a camping trip Friday.  Will be east of us, we may try to go see them, not sure about that.  Can't believe it is so still outside, not a breath of air is moving.

I really don't have anything to say, so will sign off, wishing everyone well, BJ.

8/08/2023 1:56 pm  #25

Here I come draggin' in.  Janet, belated Happy Birthday.  Sounds like a good one...
That's how it was when we put Harry, our dachshund,  "to sleep"--botched.  One of the awfullest moments of Howard's and my life.  
I feel for your DD and SIL.  When we got Fancy, I couldn't take her to that vet and she was right around the corner on the side road.   She was a vet for 40 years.  I couldn't believe how it all happened.  

Happy Anniversary, Patty.  Hope it's a dandy!  
The wedding, Sat. evening was wonderful.  Had a joyous time.  Got to see so many old timers and got a lot of hugs--one of the perks of still living where I grew up.  Good food at the country club reception.  Thin chicken breast slices in a delicious sauce, nicely seasoned mashed potatoes and those little skinny green beans with a garnish of tiny cooked carrot strips for color.  Dessert was rich dark chocolate torte with mousse between the layers.  Chocolate icing and tiny dark choc. chips pressed around the outside.  A chocolate lover's dream.  Too, too much for me and even Howard said it was too much but we managed to eat most of our slices!  
It rained all day Sat. and all night.  Coming home after dark was rather scary due to the rain and the bright headlights of other cars that  we're not used to, since we go nowhere at night anymore.  And, we drove home on country roads with very light traffic or none!  I wilted the minute I hit the door from al the fun.  

Theresa, wonder why there's so much backtracking when you think things are all done?  I'm so sorry this drags on and on for you.  Sorry your Mom is being a drama queen.  At least you can go home and get away from it.  Sounds tough, but you do have a life, too.  

Today, we had an appt. here at home with the cemetery rep who brought us up to date with our mausoleum spaces that we bought in 1985.  Hadn't heard from them or done a thing since then!  She told us what future expenses we will have and of course wants us to pre-pay those...if we wish.  There wasn't any real pressure and he and I will discuss it all in the next few day.  You can only deal with so much  of thatat one sitting.

That's pretty much it at the Lyons' Den.  Never have come up with the best name for our place...
Going to go start my new to me Kristin Hannah book I picked up at the little store in Westville, yesterday.  They have just about everything including a section of handmade crafty stuff, and a bunch of used books for $2.  
Hadn't been in there for a long time but we went to the Farmer's mkt and then there for some hamburger to grill for supper.  Have a good one...
Indy

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/09/2023 4:01 am)

8/08/2023 3:50 pm  #26

Busy (for me) day! Took everything out of the junk drawer and sorted, then everything out of the knife, etc drawer, and was able to combine the 2 and free up one for dish towels- tea towels, my Irish grandmother called them. Then tackled another drawer that has all my measuring spoons and stuff, got rid of (in a box for Heather to look thru) a bunch. We had 5 corkscrews! And Ralph has an electric one! Seriously! And the kitchen is only 5 years old. Feels good to have it done. And I did 3000 steps in the process.

I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and steamed carrots for dinner, and was told how delicious it all was. He does appreciate me cooking, and tells me every time. Now the dishwasher is running, and I’m sitting.

Judy, sounds like a fun time out! It’s nice to socialize occasionally. 

8/09/2023 4:16 am  #27

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PATTY & your MR did you do anything special for it?

SANDRA that's the kind of dough I would buy, and I have done a few times, I think they still sell it at our favourite shop, they started doing that when things closed down during covid. 
I'm glad your Drs appointment went well, how is your pain today?

HOLLY getting the drawers cleaned out is always so great when you finish, I need to clean out my casserole/pots cupboard, I have so many it's ridiculous! 

INDY sounds like it was a great time at the wedding, sometimes they can go on and on, and I've been to a few I wish were over in 20 minutes LOL some you just want to never end the celebration. I just got a few books on Kindle, I had nothing to read, except an actual book, bought it in Tasmania, and I think I've read it before - oops!

Sounds like some of you are getting rain, we need it, the MR cut down more of the roses, it's late to be doing it, but boy-oh-boy did he cut them down !!! He says they will come back better than ever, we shall see. They better, these are my favourite perfumed ones!

And just to make life interesting, he went for a walk, rang me to say he was coming back as he's lost one of his hearing aids YIKES - he had a look on the sofa, then into the laundry where he had decided to rearrange things, I just knew it would be in the very large bin with all the rose cuttings, so I turned it upside down, it was really heavy, and I found it there, none the worse for wear, it had slipped right down to the bottom through all the rose branches, THEN we had to pack it all away again in the bin. Life can be eventful sometimes 
They were very expensive so I'm glad I found the piece, it's so small, he was stressing about having to get new ones. He is now banned from wearing them in the garden LOL

Oh and I went to get my nails done,  FORGOT that I had a voucher for the bag store for $25, so went back and they had 30% off luggage, so I got a new suitcase. We got rid of our old ones, they had travelled the world a bit so were looking pretty yuk. I'll wait till the next sales to get another.

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/09/2023 4:18 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/09/2023 5:16 am  #28

Thank you for the anniversary wishes.  We made potato salad and grilled steaks.  Only ate half a steak for lunch so we could have the rest for supper.  Watched the movie we watched on our honeymoon the night we stayed at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.   A very quiet day.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

8/09/2023 8:48 am  #29

Happy belated Anniversary, Patty

8/09/2023 9:18 am  #30

THE RAIN WAS HEAVY THIS TIME AND THE RIVER WAS IN FULL SPATE.  RUSHING IN WHITE FOAMING RAPIDS AND EVEN THE RESERVOIR WAS SPINNING.  STILL IS BUT A LITTLE LESS THIS MORNING.  HAPPILY OUR RIVER OPENS INTO THE OCEAN SO LESS CHANCE OF FLOODING.  TODAY IS NICE AND SUNNY.

PATTY.......HOW NICE YOU ENJOYED A QUIET ANNIVERSARY WITH NICE MEMORIES AND ATE AND WATCHED THE SAME MOVIE.  SOUNDS PLEASANT.

JUDY.......HOORAY FOR A FINE TIME AT THE WEDDING.  SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE WAS PLEASED.

HOLLY.......I NEED TO GO THRU MY KITCHEN DRAWERS, TOO.  I HAVE ITEMS I HAVEN'T USED IN YEARS BUT YOU KNOW, I STILL HATE TO TOSS THEM.  IF I DO, I AM SURE I WILL NEED THE ONE ITEM I TOSSED OUT.

TRISH........THE KNEE PAIN HAS LESSENED A LITTLE MORE EACH DAY, THANK YOU FOR ASKING.  MAYBE ITS THE MORINGA.  I HAVEN'T TAKEN ANY PAIN PILLS.  I FEEL SAFE IN TAKING OUT MY TRASH TODAY AND CHECKING MY GARDEN AND TYING UP SOME BRANCHES THAT ARE GETTING TOO LARGE AND HANGING OUT TOO FAR.  THEY ARE FULL OF TOMATOES.
HOW NICE YOU GOT NEW LUGGAGE.  THEY SURE HAVE CHANGED SINCE I HAD TO USE MINE MANY YEARS AGO.  NO WHEELS AND LONG HANDLES ON THE OLD ONES.
LUCKY YOU FINDING HIS HEARING AID.  I KNOW THEY AREN'T CHEAP.  IT WOULD BE COSTLY TO REPLACE.

MY MOM SPOKE OF HER WEDDING NOW AND THEN.  THE LITHUANIANS LOVED A PARTY.  HER WEDDING LASTED 3 DAYS.  YUP, 3 DAYS, AND THEY WEREN'T RICH FOLKS, JUST FACTORY WORKERS AND OFFICE WORKERS AMONG THEM.  FOLKS SLEPT ON THE FLOOR AND IN CHAIRS AND THEN GOT UP AND ATE AND DRANK AND DANCED AGAIN.  MANY AN ACCORDIAN PLAYED MUSIC, INCLUDING MY DAD'S.  IN FACT, MY DAD WOULD HAVE A PARTY AT OUR HOUSE JUST ABOUT EVERY SATURDAY NITE.  HE LOVED TO COOK, TOO.  WOULD ROAST 2 HAMS OR 2 TURKEYS AND IT WAS THE PLACE TO CONGREGATE FOR THE LITHUANIANS WHEN THEY WERE NOT AT THE LITHUANIAN CLUBS.  YES, THEY HAD SOCIAL CLUBS FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.  I REMEMBER GOING TO A FEW MYSELF WHEN I WAS YOUNG.  THAT WAS IN MASSACHUSETTS, NOT IN MAINE.  

MY PLANS ARE NOT DIFFICULT TODAY.  I HAVE TO DO A BIT OF WALKING NOW THAT I CAN MANAGE IT AND NO COOKING SINCE MY NEIGHBOR NAN BROUGHT ME A BOWL OF TEXAS HASH LAST NITE WHICH I WILL HAVE FOR LUNCH.  SAVING MY LEFTOVER CHICKEN AND RICE WITH SALAD FOR SUPPER AFTER BINGO.
I GUESS I STARTED A TREND.  A COUPLE OF THE LADIES NOW SHARE THEIR COOKING WITH ME AND A COUPLE OTHERS AS I DO.  I GUESS NONE OF US WELL STARVE. 
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/09/2023 9:33 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/09/2023 9:34 am  #31

Patty, how romantic.  Was the movie:  Somewhere In Time?  I love that movie and the Grand Hotel.  Mom, ML and I didn't stay there but went on the tour.  

It's a beautiful day here.  As BJ often says, "very still".  Well, there is one tall weed near the back door that's moving slightly.  I'm surprised Howard hasn't whacked it down.  LOL  We need to go to the grocery as I need the ingreds. for ramen slaw that I'm taking to our Small Group on Friday.  Boy!  that comes around quickly.  Would also be a nice day for driving the ten miles up to the Lake Michigan Natl.  Lakeshore--our annual visit. (also ironically, LOL)  Howard will go  "if you insist" once a year to stand on the cement pad of a torn-down restaurant that they've turned into a dandy lookout.  I wish we could walk right along the lake and we could if Iwas able to walk that much.  I used to be an avid beachcomber.  As if I need another rock or shell!!  We'll probably leave it for another day and maybe a picnic lunch would interest him as there are tables available. Come to think of it...we'll wait until all the kids are back in school next week.(Submitted, as I lost one post already.)  Grrrr

Way to go Holly.  My junk drawer isn't just junky, it's disgusting.  Never got around to it when ML helped me this spring with the kitchen.  Maybe this fall.  
Trish, what would Warwick ever do without you?  Good save on the hearing aid, but where you found it? yuck.  Hope the rose clippings didn't have vicious thorns throughout!  Good plan to leave them out when gardening.

Mom's were lost more than once at the Pines.  One time, the darling housekeeper went through the whole icky mess in her vacuum and found it and once it turned up under her clothes hamper in the bathroom after many months.   It was finally lost forever by the staff at Gabriel Home, her last place.  They never did find it and at that time, she was completely cared for by them.  Howard is so dependent on his that he keeps pretty good track of them, but is often fiddling with one or the other.  I can't imagine, being an electronics moron myself!  
QB, cooking, as usual, and sharing.  You're such a good egg!  I like to here when others share with you.

I'd better saddle up and get something done.  Never sleep good so never get a very early start until I feel more human after lunch.  Have the best day...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/09/2023 9:50 am)

8/09/2023 9:54 am  #32

Good Morning!  It was so interesting reading the board this morning, so much going on!!  I wish everyone would check the bold marker to have the writing bolder and make their writing larger.  It is so hard to read the small writing, at least for me it is hard.  Enough complaining!!!

It is raining outside this morning, lovely, we may get some green grass eventually.  I'm eating my breakfast balls this morning and drinking my first cup of coffee, lovely way to start the day.  Already did my exercises and moving a little bit.  Tracy and her family are leaving Friday for a camping trip east of us.  I'm sure they'll have a great time.

Well, I have nothing more to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

8/09/2023 12:49 pm  #33

We’ve had a busy day. I got up and cleaned the last drawer, then Heather came up. She trimmed Ralph’s hair, and took a lot of the things I want to get rid of. She brought 6 or so beautiful tomatoes from her garden, ruby red. And 2 enormous zucchini! I asked if she minded me sharing the zucchini with neighbor Dave, so he came over later to get it. I’ll shred mine for zucchini bread tomorrow. I sent home most of the cupcakes I made with Heather, along with a package of frozen cream puffs that Eddie likes. 

Happy Anniversary to Patty and your mister! 

Sandra, how nice that your neighbors are sharing food, gives you a variety.

8/09/2023 1:38 pm  #34

Indy, it wasn't Somewhere In Time even if that would have been appropriate. It was As Good As It Gets. I didn't really like the movie but over time it has grown on me so now I like to watch it. DH didn't remember that was the movie we saw.

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/11/2023 8:19 pm)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

8/09/2023 2:20 pm  #35

GOOD AFTERNOON!

HAD A NICE LONE CONVERSATION WITH DIANA (SAN) EARLIER. SORRY NOT ON RIGHT AWAY. LUNCH, PHONE CALLES ETC. SHE IS HAVING TRUBLE GETTING ON THE ODT. SHE CAN'T GET INTO HER EMAIL EITHER. SHE GAVE ME ONE TO SHARE ON HER. IT IS: I removed the email address (Trish)   TRISH, MAYBE YOU CAN HELP HER. SHE KEEPS GETTIGN SPAM MESSAGES WHEN SHE TRIES TO LOG ON. SHE SAID TO TELL EVERYONE "HI!" AND THAT SHE MISSED BEING ON HERE.  HOPE SHE WILL BE BACK WITH US SOON.

A LOT OF MY EXTRA KITCHEN STUFF IS STILL IN BOXES ON THE PATIO. WILL GET RID OF MOST OF IT, BUT WOULD LOVE TO FIND MY CAKE PANS.

HOLLY, WE ATE LAST THURSDAY EVENING AND DS AND AND I HAD MEATLOAF, MASHED POTATOES AND STEAMED CARROTS. WE ALOS HAD A CORN MUFFIN. DARRELL HAD HIS USUAL FRIED CATFISH, CABBAGE AND CARROTS ALONG WITH A CORN MUFFIN.  OOR MEALS WERE SO GOOD. DIDN'T GET HUNGRY AND SNAKE LATER. WE ALSO HAD FRIED GREEN TOMATOES FOR AN APPIZIER. WE SHARED AN ORDER OF THEM. IT IS A LOCAL RESTARANT. A SORT OF MOM AND POP TYPE. HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME. THINK THE GRANDKIDS ARE WORKING THERE NOW. SO GLAD THEY SURVIVED THE PANDEMIC.IT WAS GOOD TO DINE IN AND NOT HAVE TAKE OUT HERE.

EYE APPOINTMENT WENT OKAY. NOT MUCH DISCOMFORT. DID TAKE A NAP AND IT WAS BETTER AFTER THAT. HAD BEEN UP LATE AND GOT UP EARLY, SO NAP FELT GOOD TO GET. 

HAIRCUT TOMORROW. A POSTPONEMENT FROM TUE. HOPE TO GO TO SEWING GUILD TOMORROW NIGHT ALSO. HAD HOPED THE DGS#1'S FRINED COULD GO BUT SHE IS WORKING THAT EVENING. SHE'LL GO ANOTHER TIME. SHE SAYS SHE WANTS TO LEARN TO SEW. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL START ANOTHER BEGINNING SEWING GROUP. WILL LET HER USE ONE OF MY MACHINGES. BARBARA MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN OUR GROUP OF SEWISTS. HOPE SO.

SANDRA, NICE YOUR EIGHBORS ARE SHARING FOOD TOO. YOU STARTED SOMETHING GOOD! WHEN IT IS COOLER, HOPE WE CAN DO SOME PIZZAS HERE. EASIER TO CONTROL THE INGREDIENTS. I HAVE NEVER TRIED THE DOUGH IN THE BREAD MACHINE, BUT KNOW THERE ARE RECIPES TO DO THAT. MAY GIVE THAT A WHIRL. ONLY USED THE READY-MAD CRUSTS OR MAY PILLSBURY CANNED ONES. NOT SURE WHAT WE HAVE  IN THE FROZEN DOGH.MWHEN THE GRANDS WERE HERE ON WEEKENDS, WE DID SOME "SEMI HOME-MADE" PIZZAS WHEN HAD AN OVEN THAT WAS WORKING.                   #3 PARTICULARLLY LIKIED MAKING THEM. #2 WORKS IN A PIZZA PLANCE PART TIME. HAS FOR SEVERAL YEARS.

MORE HOT WEATHER. YUCK. HIGHER HUMIDITY TOO. YUCK.

ETA: BELATED HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PATTY AND YOUR DH. I LOVE SOMEWHERE IN TIME AND WOULD LOVE TO GO TO THE GRAND HOTEL. I UNDERSTAND THAT CARS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE ISLAND. MAYBE WRONG.  I CAN REMEMBER WHAT MOVIE WE SAW ON OUR FIRST DATE, BUT NOT SURE OF WHEN THAT WAS. WE SAW VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. KNOW  WE (PARNETS AND SISTERS) WERE LIVING IN THE OLD HOUSE THEN. THIK WE MOVED BY THE SECOND DATE. WE DADTED LESS THAN A YEAR BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED.

HANOVER STREET IS ANOTHER ROMANCE THAT I LIKE. DON'T THINK I SAW IT IN A THERATER. JUST A VHS TAPE. MAYBE ON CABLE. LOVE ALL THE DORIS DAY=ROCK HUDSON ROMANTIC COMEDIES. ALSO THAT TOUCH OF MINK WITH DORIS DAY AND CARY GRANT. I AM A MOVIE NUT.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAERS.............................................

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/11/2023 8:20 pm)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

8/09/2023 3:44 pm  #36

Afternoon y'all! 
Sew Happy: Happy late anniversary wishes! 
Mom keeps losing her hearing aids because she takes them out to fiddle with them, then puts them down.  Yesterday, the facility put on an "Easter Egg Hunt" to find one that she lost.  I found it last night on her bathroom floor!  It had no charge so it did not "sing" so I could find it.  Another issue is they don't make sure the things are charging!  They will get there all in good time, but not fast enough for me! 
Today, I got a call that the last few of prescriptions I brought there for mom has been lost!  Really people how hard is this?!?  They sent it off to be put in blister packs and never got them back, yet Omnicare says it was brought back to them, a cycle of blame game! 
I'm exhausted from all of this!  My mom doesn't care about the hearing aids and such, she thinks I will fix it all.  If she were one of my kids she would have been punished, but how do you do that to a 90 yo woman who is your mother!  Right now it's a deep breath and just deal with it! 
I need to go write an email so the lake realtor will chill.  She is having a hissy fit because the closing was put off again.  Not like it was my fault.  She wants to call my attorney and ask him questions etc.  He won't return her calls.  Good for him!  Patience is not a virtue she has! LOL!  
Later my Friends! 

8/09/2023 7:25 pm  #37

August 9, 2023. 6:20 pm

Prayers and hugs everyone..

Have a good day..

I finally got into ODT .. daughter helped me get to site, then had to find the comp book that had my password in it... finally got logged in

It will take me a bit. To catch up some..

Sorry about the size font..

No idea how to make it bigger..

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/11/2023 8:20 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

8/09/2023 7:32 pm  #38

August 9, 2023. Wednesday. 6:30 pm

Hope this font is better..

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/11/2023 8:21 pm)

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers
God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..
San

8/09/2023 9:29 pm  #39

Strings, you are correct, there are no cars on the island, only horses and bikes. It's a wonderful place!

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/11/2023 8:21 pm)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

8/09/2023 10:16 pm  #40

Happy belated anniversary, Patty. I wasn't able to make it here yesterday. 

It was such a beautiful drive to Alabama yesterday; made me long for the mountains. I wish I had made some pictures, but I drove us there. We went to Santa Fe steakhouse for lunch after we finished at the dealership, forgetting Georgia is an hour ahead of Alabama and he had to pick Carter up at 4:10. He barely made it. I took a different route home. The car is bigger on the inside than it looks outside. The main downfall is it doesn't charge as fast as his Tesla, so he probably wouldn't drive it to Florida. 

Our O'Charleys closed for good. They needed to have more variety of choices on their menu.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/09/2023 10:24 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera