OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 12:24 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY AUG 6 ~ SAT AUG 12

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/05/2023 11:02 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUG 6 ~ SAT AUG 12

Still up, so thought I would move this to the top for Trish!

I never got any of the yard work done...humidity was still high at 7:45.

D e v o n n e

8/06/2023 3:17 am  #3

THANK YOU DEVONNE

I got back a couple hours ago, unpacked, but am very tired, we stayed up very late each night, but had a lot of fun.

I managed to put a top (small) together, lots and lots of unpicking, the most awful pattern I have ever read LOL

I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

p.s. for HOLLY I hit a kangaroo (or it hit me, as it jumped in front of me ) when we drove through the property to get our dinner, I was going so slow it didn't get hurt, and no damage to my car, REALLY LUCKY as normally they cause quite a bit of damage, frightened the life out of us LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/06/2023 9:53 am  #4

GOSH TRISH, I THOUGHT HOW TERRIBLE, ARE YOU HURT AND WHAT DAMAGE WHEN YOU HIT THAT KANGAROO.  GLAD I WAS WRONG.  HERE, ITS HITTING DEER AND MOOSE THAT TOTAL CARS AND HAVE TAKEN A FEW LIVES.  ESPECIALLY MOOSE WHO ARE SO HUGE.
WOULD LIKE TO SEE PICS OF YOUR WORK WHEN YOU CAN POST SOME.  I REALLY MISS GETTING OUT AND SEEING OUR SISTERS AND THEIR WORK WITH FABRIC.

WHILE SHOPPING MY SON COULD NOT GET THE FROZEN CLAM CAKES NOR THE PUMPERNICKEL BREAD I WANTED, DARN IT.  I WILL TRY AGIN NEXT TIME.
ANOTHER SUNNY DAY HERE.  MY KNEE HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME SO I HAVE BEEN TAKING IT EASY.  VERY EASY.  NOT EVEN TAKING LAPS IN THE HALLWAY.  I HAVE INCREASED MY MORINGA TABLETS THIS MORNING TO SEE IF THAT HELPS.  THEY ARE USUALLY GOOD FOR COMBATING ARTHRITIS PAIN ON A GENERAL LEVEL.
I WILL MAKE THAT PIZZA TODAY.  I STILL HAVE LEFTOVERS SO DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE IT TOO SOON BUT I REALLY NEED TO COOK THAT GROUND BEEF TODAY.

HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.   HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/06/2023 9:58 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/06/2023 12:17 pm  #5

Sorry! I meant to get on last night and bump and lock threads! Ive been so busy, and last night got away from me faster than I realized!

I just locked last week's thread, but look there for a post or two meant for today. 🤗 unfortunately, i cant copy and paste at the moment because im on my phone and it's all too tiny for my old eyes.

Janet, thank you for thinking of me and sending a PM! I tried to respond to your nice note (thank you!)🤗 but I got a message that your mailbox is full. Maybe mine is, too, so I'll do some cleaning up on my end as well.

I'll be back later, if possible, but I'll wish you all a wonderful week!

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/06/2023 6:22 pm)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

8/06/2023 3:48 pm  #6

here is post from Tracy/BJ at 9:48 this morning....🤗

"Good Morning,
French toast and hazy sunshine. We bought a new hydrangea yesterday. It looks and smells like a lilac. Incredible!!! I got it planted last night and will water water water. Have a lovely Sunday
Tracy"

8/06/2023 5:53 pm  #7

Finally got it.
Back later to chat 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/06/2023 6:49 pm  #8

DIANE so sorry - I was so tired I forgot to lock the thread - THANK YOU!

SANDRA posted the pic for you, took me a while to remember which one to choose to post, finally got it LOL
Sorry about the clam cakes, I love my seafood, we don't have clam cakes here, I'd like to try them. 
My favourite is fresh prawns, they have to be fresh, and Tiger ones are my favs. It's messy peeling them, but so so good. I hope the meds work well for you and you can move more freely again soon ((((hugs))))

DEVONNE thanks for the pic, I love those, I did have one, the Mr kept bumping it with the mower, so don't have it anymore LOL Did the car buying work out, what is he going to do with the Tesla?

BJ and TRACY sounds like a perfect day, sunshine and french toast, hope you have a fun visit, I know how much you both treasure these visits (((( hugs))))

MARYLOU sounds like you have been busy, I'm glad Lyn is doing well, and I know you worry like most mums,  your quilt friend is probably seeing her work in relation to yours, I do that all the time, I just wish I was as talented and creative as some of the others, but I will be happy with what I can do.

HOLLY our days are pretty uneventful as well --  about the 'roos. One of the ladies was walking back to our cottages the next night after our "hit" and she came face to face with a BIG grey , he just stood looking at her, and she stayed still and called out "kangaroo" so those behind her knew, she just waited and he took off, might have been the daddy of the one we hit, there are quite a few where we stayed, she said he looked ready to fight LOL. 

INDY we were very lucky, being a small road onto the property I was going very slow, and the roo was a baby, so it ended well, mostly hitting a roo involves an insurance claim, wombats are worse, they are like army tanks, solid and cause big damage. Roos will jump on AND over cars, they will do lots of damage, mostly at dusk and dawn.

THERESA almost done, what will you do with yourself LOL I hope your NSDB doesn't make himself heard any time soon, wonder if he knows mum has moved yet ?

We had a lovely weekend, ate too much, stayed up too late, and cursed a lot at the pattern, I gave it to another one who loved the top so much she wants to make one, at least I have noted what sections come first. Strange way to write it, cutting instructions were very involved, and every set had to be marked, THEN the putting together of sections - well, that went from one page to no 6, to 1/2 way down the other side of the page for 7 - 9, then another side at the top for 10-15,  THEN putting rows together rows 1-9, so thinking I may as well staring joining rows, did 1-4 and it looked so wrong, finally realised that it went the other way, row one was the BOTTOM of the quilt. So unpicked all that. Took me all weekend. Didn't help having to turn the pages over and fold them to find the next lot of instructions. 
I just need to add a small green borders then a bit bigger pink one, AND now I see the pieces of green at the top are out of alignment, so need to unpick them. 
Still unsure of where this quilt is going, it is a positive message, BUT also showing negatives by 'voicing' them?? Or am I being super sensitive.

I need to get moving on the housework, I have caught up on some sleep, but I need more LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/06/2023 9:11 pm  #9

Trish, yikes on the roo! And how funny it was right after I asked about them! I hate unorganized patterns! 

Devonne, love your crepe myrtle! I have two, the one in the front is probably 20 feet tall, dark pink. The one in the back is smaller. 

We had a nice lunch and visit with F and C. Then home and crocheting. Decided I wanted to make cupcakes, tore the house apart looking for the pan. Someone had put a case a juice on top of the pan. Since only two of us live here, and I didn’t put the juice away….

8/07/2023 5:11 am  #10

Diane- thanks for letter me know. I cleaned up my PMs. I still have more to do. I have PMs all the way back to 2019!

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/08/2023 3:17 am)

8/07/2023 5:19 am  #11

Happy Birthday Janet! Have a great day!!!

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

8/07/2023 8:19 am  #12

Happy Birthday Janet! 

Hot and muggy again. We drop Sam’s and her pets ashes off at the funeral home today. And we wrote the checks for the property taxes, so we can drop those off also. I have meat loaf mix defrosting in the fridge, we haven’t had meat loaf in months. 

8/07/2023 9:23 am  #13

Thanks for the birthday wishes

8/07/2023 9:51 am  #14

Just a quick Good Morning, Tracy is going  home today, so I want to spend every minute with her.  Just wanted to be sure to say Hi! to everyone.  Can you believe It's raining, love it, we haven't had any for so long, everything is so dry!   Makes me so happy.  I'm going to sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

8/07/2023 9:52 am  #15

SORRY I WAS LATE COMING ON TODAY.  NEIGHBOR HAD A PROB WITH HER CELL PHONE AND CREDIT CARD AND HAD TO USE MY LANDLINE PHONE TO TRY TO GET THINGS CLEARED UP.  AFTER OVER 2 HOURS HERE WRANGLING, STILL NO ANSWER.  SHE MAY TRY AGAIN LATER SO I THOUGHT I WOULD POP ON HERE NOW.

JANET......HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY AND MAYBE SOME GOOD EATING. 
TRISH......LOVED THE QUILT TOP BUT YOU KNOW, I THOUGHT THE SAME THING ABOUT ALL THE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS LISTED.  NORMALLY I WOULD NEVER THINK OF SO MANY SO FOR ME PERSONALLY, IT WOULD JUST DRIVE THE BAD THOUGHTS TO THE FOREFRONT.  OF COURSE, NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE ME.  I WONDER WHAT THE REST OF OUR GALS THINK.

LINDA......I HOPE YOUR APPT WITH THE EYE DR GOES WELL.  SHE WANTED ME TO LET YOU ALL KNOW SHE'S GOT THE APPT AND NOT EXPECTED ON HERE FOR A BIT.

I MADE MY HAMBURGER PEPPERONI PIZZA LAST NITE AND IT WAS GOOD.  SHARED SOME AS WELL.  TODAY I PLAN TO HAVE MORE OF IT AND ALSO BAKE SOME CHICKEN BREAST TO HAVE FOR SUPPER WITH RICE.  I HAVE LOTS IN THE FREEZER AND WANT TO USE UP SOME.

LOOKS LIKE RAIN AGAIN.  WE GOT ENOUGH THE OTHER DAY MY GARDEN IS DOING WELL.  LOTS OF GREEN TOMS GROWING ON ALL THOSE BRANCHES AND SOME WITH A VERY LIGHT TINGE OF PINK.  I HOPE TO HARVEST SOME NICE TOMATOES SOON.
WE ARE HAVING OUR SUMMR BAR-B-Q HERE ON THE 17TH AT NOON.  I WILL BE GOING.  LOVE THE GRILLED BURGERS.

THAT'S IT FROM ME.  I HAVE TO GET MYSELF SOME LUNCH.  I WILL FINISH UP THE TATER TOT CASSY LEAVING THE PIZZA FOR SNACKING WHILE WATCHING TV LATER.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/07/2023 10:01 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/07/2023 12:05 pm  #16

Janet, a very happy birthday!

Sandra, how did your doctor's appt. go last Thursday? Pizza sounds good and I do have an eggplant I need to use. 

Linda, hope things go well with your eye appointment.

Tracy/BJ, the hydrangea sounds so pretty! I have 3 planted in the backyard. One of them has a lot of black leaves. I think it wasn't watered enough? It's still alive, so hope it makes it.

We are under another severe thunderstorm watch for today, maybe tomorrow as well. 

Holly, I loved your "hint" about your cupcake pan disappearing, lol. I still have Billy's ashes in my closet. Decided against a urn in the house and my sons don't want them. Hope y'all don't think bad of me for still having them in the closet. I rather have pictures of us. He is not there. Honestly, I just don't know what to do with them. 

Trish, glad it was a baby roo and no damage. I like the quilt. I don't see anything negative about it. The check is coming today, so we will be leaving in the morning at 9:30 am to head to Alabama after he drops Carter off at school. Thank goodness for "Informed Delivery"...great service from the PO. He's going to keep the Tesla for a few months to see which vehicle he likes the best. He says, "Mom, you're going to end up with an electric car." I don't think so, lol.

Here's some embroidery I have done. When I get enough blocks for the quilt(s), I'm thinking no borders, solid white blocks with a Christmas quilt design (something that says Merry Christmas or maybe a trapunto design?). I've decided to do a throw for Carter and maybe a throw for G&E. This first one has stars, but you can't see them on white fabric.

QUILT LABELS

I'll post the Disney ones later this week. Gary loves his shirt with Mickey Mouse that I made him.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/07/2023 12:31 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/07/2023 1:46 pm  #17

Devonne, wow! Great job! Here’s 2 ideas about Billy’s ashes. If you plan to be buried, his urn can go in your coffin. Or if you plan on cremation, the ashes can be co mingled and buried together. Just make sure your family knows your wishes. Do you have a will? Make sure the executor knows your wishes. None of my kids have a will, and it makes me crazy. You can do it online, for free. Sam was in her mom’s cedar chest in my basement all these years. 

8/07/2023 2:35 pm  #18

Afternoon y'all! 
Janet: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 
DS selling the house I mostly grew up in doesn't bother me.  It's becoming the second albatross around my neck, between maintenance, having to cut the grass and trim stuff.  We have to go do it since NSDB seems to be anywhere but where he is needed! (Same with his kids)! 
Holly NSDB has no clue.  At least as far as I know.  I would think he would contact me somehow, especially since I cancelled the landline at Mom's house.  All we got was scam calls, trying to give my dead father a diabetic testing device.  He's been gone 9 years!  LOL!  No need to pay to be harassed!  
Usual busy.  Luke came in Thursday, baked his birthday cake Friday and went out to eat Friday night!  Saturday, DNeice and DGreat Nephews came to visit along with a family friend.  Took mom out to lunch, she was very much a drama queen about walking!  I don't give in to this!  
Sunday, we walked the park, While I walked hubby got Luke's hair cut, and did groceries.  They were next door to each other and across from the park.  They walked a bit.  Yes, we brought a cooler and ice bricks!  Got mom, took her home, loaded up Luke so he could go back to NC.  Took mom back early, at her request.  Cleaned her fridge because a soda exploded all over me, the fridge, the wall and the carpet!  Loads of fun.  Went home before the storms last night hit, did get our evening walk in, just cut it short.  Storm alarms going off in every direction! 
Today, I walked the park.  Home since I ran late at the park.  stopped and talked to a friend I had not seen in months!  Signed an extension on the closing for the Lake.  Seems that will never happen!  To see mom, found out they were not giving her antacids, as needed, because of the bottle!  Now, she has been there for a month and a half, and they waited till today to say anything!!!!  Why didn't they say anything when I gave them the medicine? 
Also got a call from hubby, apparently the county we filed dad's probate in wants more information because we are asking for ancillary probate in 2 other counties!  They don't care that this process is taking extra time!  Not their problem.  So we have to set up another facetime with mom to get paperwork signed!  Got to love it!  
Like DS we are under a thunderstorm warning.  It rained at mom's while I was there and not a drop here!  Looks like it is heading our way per the radar!  
If I were a drinker, today I would be drinking!  
Hubby and I have wills, the kids still go to my BIL and his wife.  We have updated wills we need to sign and get notarized!  I have them in my file box.  Need to light a fire under hubby! 
I hear thunder and the lightning alarms are going off!  Later my Friends! 

8/07/2023 4:46 pm  #19

Thanks again for the birthday wishes. Spent some of the day unpacking and doing laundry. We went for Mexican dinner.
My DD’s cat crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday…. After a botched euthanasia at the vets office. My Son in law said it was just awful.

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/08/2023 3:18 am)

8/08/2023 2:50 am  #20

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes, Janet!! 🎂 🥳🍨🎊 I hope you had a great day!

I'm sorry about your DD's cat!

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/08/2023 3:18 am)

Board footera