OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/17/2023 3:27 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUG 13 ~ SAT AUG 19

Afternoon y'all! 
Holly the website has about a jillion different forms.  With my luck I would fill out and print the wrong form!  
DS They wanted me there to see her behavior!  It's bad!  Worse than a 2 YO tantrum.  I did get her to walk to her door twice for the PT lady!  She says she wants to get stronger but wants to do nothing to get stronger!  
BJ Hope Frank comes home soon! 
Trish, yes she is doing what she has been doing for close to 14 years with my DSis.  Tough to break this habit! 
Started this morning visiting mom, to the park.  Ate lunch there, near the dog park, so I got to visit with many puppies!  Then to the DMV.  Got the straight of what I needed, not any of the forms I would have printed so it was not a wasted trip.  Quick in and quick out!  It was awesome!  Felt I deserved a Starbucks, so ran by it on the way home, even got hubby a drink.  He was thrilled.  Packed hubby up and he is off to Columbia to mow the grass and the lake grass!  
Mom is stubborn, so am I, after all I learned from the best.  I do not cave like my DSis.  Today I actually called My Aunt in Florida, made mom mad I was involving her.  I need back-up and this aunt is fantastic about backing me up!  She also calls the other remaining siblings who call mom and give her a guilt trip and a half!  Last round brought mom to tears, since she realized how her behavior was affecting myself and my niece!  We will see what happens! 
Hubby only works a half day on Friday so he plans on doing the lake lawn tomorrow, and the house on Saturday.  Sounds like a plan to me.  I have stuff to do before I can put this house on the market.  With mom's attitude there is no way she will ever go back to the house and no reason to keep it!  Need to close on the lake first, pay off mom's bills, then do some work at the house, painting is the main thing, along with replacing the rotten wood!  I can start the wheels rolling, at that point to do the Estate sale, have the guy come tell me what he can sell and what I need to send to Goodwill.  Probably the plethora of coffee cups.  She has one for every hour of the day, and would never repeat in a year!  It's amazing the quantity of them.  There's just so much "stuff".  It all has to go! 
I was able to update her SS and Medicare address change.  They don't make it easy!  Had to get hubby to help.  I still need to get Tricare done.  That's her military insurance!  They were even more complicated!  I'm just knocking things one at a time off my list.  Easier this way!  If I get flustered with one I do another, and go back to the one later.  The only way I can keep what little sanity I have left!  
I have chilled a little this afternoon.  Needed some downtime.  Watching Maine Cabin Masters and flipping to Sister Act!  Doesn't get much better for TV viewing!  I love both shows!  
Need to go and get more stuff done!  I'm putting my "mom files" back in order.  I had to pull a bunch just to get stuff done for her!  I find it easier to refile then pull what I need for the next task.  I'm less likely to lose something or accidentally combine files!  
You are now caught up on my little corner of the world! 
Later my Friends! Love you all! 

8/17/2023 3:30 pm  #42

This morning when Ralph got home from breakfast we went to Sam’s Club, and stopped at PDQ chicken on the way home to get lunch. We like them more than Chick Filet, the fries are way better. I puttered a bit, then took a long nap. Tomorrow we’re going to the Amish market, I used the last pound of ground beef that I had.

8/18/2023 9:39 am  #43

Good Morning, can't believe I'm the first one posting this morning!  Tracy just left to go to hospital to see Dad, a little later than she planned.   It is cooler this morning, only 62* at 8:35 am. I'm feeling pretty good this morning, just a bit lazy.

Don't have any plans this morning, just being lazy.  Did my exercises, am drinking breakfast right now.  Got dressed, put on makeup and moving right along.  I know my mind is going, can't think of anything to say.  Best I just sign off, wishing you all well, love you all, BJ.

8/18/2023 9:39 am  #44

THERESA......ITS AMAZES ME HOW MUCH YOU STILL NEED TO DO.  I HOPE THE SALE OF THE HOUSE AND THE CABIN GOES THRU SOON SO YOU CAN RID YOURSELF OF THOSE HEADACHES.
I FIND MAINE CABIN MASTERS TO BE ENLIGHTENING.  THEY DO A WONDERFUL JOB OF RENEWING AN OLD CABIN.  LAKESIDE CABINS IN MAINE WERE NEVER ELEGANT.  THE ONE I STAYED IN SOMETIMES WITH MY MARRIED OLDER SISTER HAD A BATHROOM, VERY TINY, AND WE PUMPED OUR WATER RIGHT OUTSIDE THE KITCHEN DOOR.  CRYSTAL-CLEAR COLD FRESH WATER.  YOU HAD TO PRIME THE PUMP BY POURING A BIT OF WATER DOWN THE SHAFT BEFORE PUMPING ANY.  THERE WAS A SCREENED PORCH FOR LAKE VIEWING AND I LOVED THE WOODEN RAFT THAT SOME STORM DONATED TO US ONE WINTER.  NO ONE CLAIMED IT AND IT WAS GREAT.  THE ROOMS WERE SMALL BUT ENOUGH TO SLEEP IN.  KITCHEN BASIC WITH SMALL STOVE WITH OVEN, FRIDGE AND SINK AND A FEW WOODEN CABINETS UP AND DOWN.   NO TV.  NOT WINTERIZED SO JUST USED IN SUMMER MONTHS.  IT WAS GREAT FUN AND GREATS TIMES.    HAPPILY WE HAD A NICE SANDY BEACH AND A SHORT DOCK.  I FISHED FOR CRAPPY AND HORNPOUT (CATFISH)  AND CAUGHT MINNOWS OFF THAT DOCK.  OFTEN ROWED TO THE LILY PAD AREA WHICH WAS LOVELY WHEN IN BLOOM.
NOW THEY WANT 3 OR MORE BEDROOMS WITH LARGE CLOSETS, 2 OR MORE FULL BATHS, ETC, ETC AND OPEN FLOOR PLANS.  WHAT MAINE CABIN MASTERS CAN DO ON A SHOESTRING IS AMAZING.  BUT IF FIND THE LATEST SHOWS HAVE A REMARKABLE MARK-UP  FOR MATERIALS THAN THE EARLIER ONES.  

I ROASTED MY FIRST BATCH OF ROASTED TOMATOES FOR FREEZING YESTERDAY.  THE HOUSE SMELLED DIVINE.  TO REMOVE THE SKINS I JUST MAKE SURE THE LAST HALF OF THE ROASTING IS DOWN SKIN-SIDE UP AND THEN USE MY METAL TONGS TO EASILY LIFT OF THE LAYER OF SKIN.  SEE PHOTO.
MY DAY TODAY WILL BE QUIET.  CHILI FOR LUNCH THEN LATER I AM MAKING VEGGIE BEEF SOUP FOR THE CREW AND MY SON.  HE SHOPS FOR ME THIS WEEKEND.  ITS RAINING A BIT RIGHT NOW.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

RECIPE AND PICS IN BLOG UPDATED TODAY.

Last edited by quiltbea (8/18/2023 10:08 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/18/2023 10:10 am  #45

A little cooler today but still 60% humidity. I was reading about the terrible wildfires in the Yukon.

we we’re out the door before 9, went to the Amish Market. I got 6 lbs of ground beef to brown and freeze. Cold cuts and cheese, a quiche to freeze, some slices of cheesecake, and doughnuts for the freezer. We shouldn’t have to go again for a good while. 

Kids here go back to school 2 days after Labor Day, odd to see a lot of schools already back. When I was working, this time of year I was ready to start getting a paycheck again, but not really ready to go back to work. 

8/18/2023 3:51 pm  #46

Afternoon y'all! 
QB those roasted toms look yum! 
Holly the kids here have just completed their second week of school!  They are out of school before Memorial Day! 
Non eventful day!  Love those!  Went to see mom, walked the park, home, groceries and now here!  Like I said non-eventful! 
I did try to reach her foot doctor for more toenail goo!  No call back.  Guess I will just show up at the office on Monday!  Like I have nothing better to do! 
Supper is brats on the grill!  I will fix me a side, Alex will probably eat chips.  I want a veggie!  
Nothing else from my little corner of the world! 
Later my friends! 

8/18/2023 6:37 pm  #47

I put a couple of short videos on Facebook of my guild quilt show. I don’t think you have to have a Facebook account to view them. https://www.facebook.com/1450002019/videos/pcb.2739199856229298/817768049890893

8/19/2023 8:36 am  #48

Thanks, Mary Lou.  Nice lot of quilts and interesting to display them on the pews.  
My heart is heavy this morning.  Yesterday, one of my closest friends, Bobbie's DIL, Beth, passed away, a mere 2 1/2 weeks after she was diagnosed with cancer.  She was 51 and leaves behind a 14 yr. old girl and a 10 yr. old boy.  A month ago, they were camping in Michigan's U. P.   Please say a prayer for this family and hold your own loved ones close.  

Looks like another lovely summer day, here.  I thought we were in for some blistering hot weather, but not so far.  My good news is that the baby wrens survived the cat incident.  The parents are busily feeding and guarding.  At least I think that's what the male is doing as he sits on the porch railing warning and scolding.
So sweet and even calming...   Life goes on...

Holly, that's quite a task.  Bet you're glad and relieved when the meat is browned and frozen.  In my wildest dreams, I'd never be that organized and ahead of the game.  
I and Howard especially, like the Maine show.  Once, yrs. ago as a newlywed, we went to a lake cabin in Lake of the Woods, Ontario.  The scenario was as QB described.  I remember washing my hair off the dock in very cold water and the delicious walleyes we caught.  

Theresa, wishing more of those kind of days for you.  They'll come, eventually.  You've been through quite the battle and  are still dealing with skirmishes.  Did your dad spoil your Mom?  Is Sara all through with school?  I've lost track of her.  

Better sign off and start something.  I tend to fritter away my mornings, not being a morning person.
Have a great day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/19/2023 8:39 am)

8/19/2023 8:37 am  #49

MARYLOU......I WILL CHECK OUT YOUR VIDS LATER.  MY PUTER IS TOUCHY ABOUT GOING TO VIDEO SITES TOO SOON AFTER ITS IN USE SO I STAY CAUTIOUS.

ITS A SUNNY MORNING AT LAST.  WE DID GET MORE RAIN YESTERDAY.  AGAIN, NO WATERING NEEDED.  I WILL CHECK FOR RIPE TOMS WHEN I CHECK FOR MY MAIL.

THE VEGGIE BEEF SOUP WAS TERRIFIC.  I ACTUALLY ADDED SOME FRESH CHERRY TOMATOES TO IT, CUT IN HALF.  THEY ADDED A NICE FLAVOR TO THE SOUP.   MY NEIGHBORS AGREED.  I ACTUALLY HAD TWO, YES TWO, BOWLS OF SOUP LAST NITE.  WITH LEFTOVER CHILI AND SOUP I DO NOT HAVE TO COOK TODAY.  MY SON SHOPS FOR ME.  I HOPE THEY HAVE THE FROZEN CLAM CAKES I WANT TO TRY.
EXCEPT FOR SORTING MY WEEKLY PILLS AND SUPPLEMENTS, AND VISITING WITH MY SON, MY DAY WILL BE QUIET EXCEPT FOR CLEANING THE BATHROOM THIS MORNING.  THEN ITS ALL ME TIME.
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.
HUGS QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/19/2023 8:42 am)

8/19/2023 8:45 am  #50

Judy, I browned the ground beef first thing this morning, it’s all in the freezer. I have 2 frying pans going at the same time, so it was 3 batches. They’ll last me a couple of months. 

A teacher posted on our local buy nothing site that she was looking for a spider plant for her classroom. We had 3 big momma plants with lots of babies hanging, so we offered one, and it was just picked up. I got a nice thank you message from her.

It’s cooler today, high only 80! So the AC is off and the windows open. Hot again tomorrow and Sunday, so AC will go back on, then it looks like a stretch of nice weather. 

8/19/2023 8:49 am  #51

JUDY......WE WERE POSTING AT THE SAME TIME.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND BETH AND HER LEAVING 2 KIDS BEHIND.  SO SAD.  THE FAMILY WILL BE DEVASTATED. PRAYERS FOR THE FAMILY.
GLAD, THO, THE BABY WRENS SURVIVED AND THEIR DAD IS BEING OVERLY CAUTIOUS.  HE'S READY TO BOMBARD THAT CAT IF IT SHOWS UP AGAIN.
I ENJOYED FISHING AT THE LAKE CABIN THOSE MANY YEARS AGO.  SINCE I WILL NOT EAT FISH, EXCEPT BAKED HADDOCK, I DID 'CATCH AND RELEASE' BEFORE IT WAS A COMMON THING. BUT THE CABIN WAS AN IDEAL PLACE IN THE SUMMERTIME.
PRAYERS FOR YOU IN THIS SAD TIME.
HUGS AND MORE HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/19/2023 8:51 am)

8/19/2023 9:19 am  #52

Good Morning, I was up really early this morning as Tracy was attempting to get to hospital before the Dr.s arrived.  She wanted to talk to them about her Dad.  He is going to be sent to a rehab center for awhile, not sure he will ever get home.  It will be lonesome without him.

It is very cool here this morning, only 54* right now.  I may sleep awhile this morning as I was up before 6.  I feel a bit tired this morning.  Tracy already left for the hospital, so I am alone.  It is so still outside, not a breath of air is moving.

Well, I have nothing to say so will sign off, wishing you all well and hoping you have a nice day, BJ.

8/19/2023 10:06 am  #53

Oh, BJ.  Sorry to hear that Frank isn't doing as well as he was.  At least that's what it sounds like.  Prayers for him and you.  Maybe it'll turn out okay and he'll be home very soon.  Hugs

Thanks, QB for the nice words and thoughts.  I hadn't seen Beth for a long time, but hear about them almost daily from Bobbie as we talk on the phone.  Once a long time ago, I called Beth to ask where Bobbie and Rich were.  They used to travel quite extensively and I lost track of their  itinerary.  When she finally stopped laughing...she told me and laughed some more...

Last edited by indyanny (8/19/2023 10:07 am)

8/19/2023 4:21 pm  #54

Today is Emily's 50th birthday. I sent her a text and she called me...the first time I've talked to her in weeks. I might go visit them tomorrow.

Greg and I went to Lowes and we both bought the same pressure washer. It's small & fits on a shelf. We went to Panera Bread for lunch and back to his house. He put "quick connects" on my new pressure washer and showed me how to use it. It took me awhile to learn how to do and undo the quick connects (my hands aren't very strong.) He got $20 coupons from Ebay (for Lowes) to save us money. I sent him $25 via Zelle. He called and said I never had to pay him for his help, lol! 
BJ, it's normal to go to rehab after a major surgery. He will get the care he needs there. Patients normally go to rehab when there is no one at home that can take care of them, lift them, help them walk and do therapy. My sister went to rehab twice...once after open heart surgery and again when she developed cellulitis in her legs. She was there for a few weeks. 

Judy, so sorry you have lost your friend, Beth. I'm not an early morning person either...more so when I have many sleepless nights.

Sandra, I hope Matt was able to get what you had on your list. I loved your cabin story. Isn't it wonderful to have such fond memories?

Theresa...keep on keeping on! Hope some good news comes this week! When are you planning on having the estate sale? I wish we had done that for Billy's Mom. 

Marylou, that's a LOT of quilts! How many of them are yours? Would have loved to see close up pictures, but that's a lot of quilts.

A short dream I had....I opened the garage door and there was a big brown package sitting there. I closed the door back, thinking I was dreaming. I opened it again, and there were 10 to 12 big long packages there, all in a brown wrapping. The wind was strong and they were blown all over the driveway, in the cul de sac and in my neighbor's yard across from me. It was INSULATION, lol. I quickly picked everything up and wondered why I ordered this and if it was mine? My name was on the packages. 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/19/2023 4:31 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/19/2023 6:52 pm  #55

Devonne, there were 12 members who displayed quilts.  We had a total of 287 including all sizes from small table toppers to king size bed quilts.  I took 21 that were throw size or larger and about a dozen wall hangings and table runners.  This is the first show my guild has had so we displayed quilts that had been made over quite a long period.  I think the oldest one I took is one that I made about 30 years ago. 

Last edited by Pvillelou (8/19/2023 6:53 pm)

Board footera