OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 12:23 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY AUG 13 ~ SAT AUG 19

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/12/2023 11:24 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUG 13 ~ SAT AUG 19

Bumping up

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/13/2023 1:56 am  #3

Thanks, Trish!  I'm just getting home and see you've beat me to it once again! šŸ¤—

Have a great week, everyone!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers! Ā  Ā Ā ~MnM~ aka Diane
Ā Ā 

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!"Ā 
Ā 

8/13/2023 5:44 am  #4

Happy International Left Hander's Day!

Ā  Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

8/13/2023 6:53 am  #5

I know two people with Teslasā€¦one has the most expensive one available and the other the least expensive.  Iā€™m not impressed with either.  We are not into electric cars at allā€¦.but thatā€™s another story. 
     I have been so tired the last few days.  Yesterday I could hardly stay awake.  I fell asleep every time I sat down?  I slept in this morning hoping that will help.  Iā€™m usually up by 6am and at the gym by 7am.  Today I dragged myself out of bed at 8:30 and skipping the gym. 
    I think I may finally get my new sewing machine out of the box and set up today.  I bought it early June. šŸ˜³  I love my older Pfaff but I figured it was time.
   I have two retreats coming up in Oct and Nov.  I have already signed up for 5 in 2024.  šŸ˜Š

8/13/2023 8:31 am  #6

JANET......YOU SOUND A LITTLE LIKE ME.Ā  SOMETIMES I BUY SOMETHING AND LEAVE IT IN THE BOX FOR QUITE A WHILE BEFORE I USE IT.Ā  Ā I GUESS I JUST HA.TE TO TRY NEW THINGS.

MARYLOU......SOUNDS LIKE THE QUILT SHOW WILL BE A WINNER WITH LOTS OF QUILTS.Ā  I HOPE YOU TAKE LOTS OF PICS TO SHOW US.Ā  I LOVE SEEING QUILTS.
I HOPE SOMEONE RETRIEVED YOU SHEPHERD'S CROOK.Ā  I WOULND'T GO DOWN IN A DITCH EITHER.

TRISH.....WHAT'S HAMPER SOUP?
SORRY YOU SLEPT FUNNY AND ARE ACHING.Ā  I FIND THAT'S EASILY DONE.Ā  BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

ITS STARTING OUT NICE, SUNNY AND IN THE 70S.
WELL, I HAVE STEAK DEFROSTED ALSO.Ā  I WILL MAKE A PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH FOR LUNCH TO USE IT UP.Ā  I FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT TIL IT WAS MENTIONED ABOVE.
I THINK I WILL DO SOME LAUNDRY.Ā  ITS PILING UP A BIT.
BE SAFE.Ā  HUGS, QB SĀ 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/13/2023 8:42 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/Ā 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/13/2023 9:45 am  #7

Good Morning to everyone!Ā  I'm feeling very lazy again this morning.Ā  I'm dressed and having breakfast.Ā  Tracy is coming this morning to pick us up to go to their camping site at Grandy Creek.Ā  We'll be there until early afternoon, then she'll bring us home so we can watch the Mariners play ball.Ā  It's a lovely day, 65* at 8:40am.Ā  Believe it is supposed to be in the 90's today and the next few days.

I'll be more than happy when it cools down.Ā  It is very still outside this morning, not a breath of air is moving.Ā  Well, I don't have anything else to say this morning, so think I should sign off, wishing you all well and hope you all have a very nice day, BJ.

8/13/2023 10:28 am  #8

Good morning!

I've been awake for hours again and can't seem to sleep long or well enough these days. Too much on my mind, including sick loved ones and friends. šŸ™šŸ»

Belated birthday šŸ„³ and anniversary wishes! šŸ’•

We recently celebrated Mom's 91st birthday, and hubby & I celebrated 42 years of marital bliss! šŸ’˜ šŸ˜‰šŸ™ƒ

We continue to work on projects, but hubby took a much-needed break recently and he and ds (along with 798 other participants) road bicycles for an event callled Ride the Hurricane. It is a ride from Port Angeles, WA up the Hurricane Ridge mountain road and back to town. Quite an elevation gain! I sold my road bike years ago so I didn't accompany them. I prefer trail riding.

Anyway, each year, on the first Sunday in August, the road is closed to vehicles so cycling enthusiasts can ride their bikes up hill for hours. šŸ˜‰ We've already booked a waterfront room for next year and I'll goto Port Angeles with them.

Regarding EVs, they just aren't practical for us. We live too far out, the range of an EV isn't all that great, and charging stations are far and few between with high rates and long waits. Plus, it would cost a fortune to upgrade our electrical at home! (And fire risk isn't worth it!) Of course, our gas prices are very high, having gone way up the last couple years and our gas tax is unreal and very high! Simple fact, but enough said without sounding political. šŸ¤ŖšŸ™ƒšŸ¤

BJ, enjoy your day! šŸ¤— I hope it's much cooler and pleasant at the campgrounds! It's supposed to be well into the 90s today, and like you, I'm not looking forward to it!

QB, thank you! šŸ¤— I forgot to take steak out to thaw! šŸ’” Thank you for the reminder! šŸ¤— I'll go stick it in the fridge now and make it tomorrow or Tuesday.

I better run!

Ā 

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/15/2023 3:03 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers! Ā  Ā Ā ~MnM~ aka Diane
Ā Ā 

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!"Ā 
Ā 

8/13/2023 10:51 am  #9

Yikes, itā€™s going to be 100+ this week in Oregon! So glad Steph got AC put in!Ā 

Yep, Happy Lefty Day!Ā 

I did a blog post about the weekend, with pix of our Sunday brunch.Ā 

Ralph wants an EV or a hybrid, maybe a Hyundai Santa Fe. So far heā€™s all talk. He only drives a couple of thousand miles a year, if that. When we go out together we take my Tucson and I drive.Ā 

This is the last week this year that it will be light til 8 pm, east coast time. I love the long light evenings but wonā€™t miss the humidity.

8/13/2023 1:55 pm  #10

Diane, happy belated birthday to your Mom and happy belated anniversary!Ā 

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday! Today is a lazy tv day for me.

I can see where it would be difficult to have an EV if there's not enough charging stations. There are 7 states that have joined the move to ban gas cars by 2035. Even though gas prices are high, I don't plan on getting an EV as I don't drive that much. Greg got a discount through Georgia Power to have the charger installed in his garage.Ā 

Holly, the sun was setting at 8:39 here. Tonight it's 8:29, so I've lost 10 minutes of daylight. I am so ready for cooler weather!

Last edited by DownSouth (8/13/2023 2:38 pm)

D e v o n n e
Ā 

8/13/2023 2:39 pm  #11

Like Diane, I donā€™t want to get political. Just where do they promoters of electric vehicle think the electricity comes from? It takes fossil fuel to generate electricity.
And if your in an area with only a few charging stations or you miscalculate your usage, thatā€™s a problem.. if your battery should run down and youā€™re stranded on the side of the road, who do they plan to call? Ghostbusters? Lol. Serious,y, I know someone who left her home in northern VA fully charged to come to a retreat in SW VA. She couldnā€™t find a charging station, well she did, but it was out of service. She had to drive way out of her way. And then when she finally got to the retreat which was in an area that had no stations, she was basically stuck. AAA is not equipped for it,. Her DH had to drive all the way over (in his gas powered truck) to help her out. And she still bragged about the fact that she didnā€™t support the gas companies with her EV. Duh. Enough saidā€¦.

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/15/2023 3:03 am)

8/13/2023 3:31 pm  #12

Absolutely political- whatā€™s everyoneā€™s thoughts on mayonnaise? We always only had Hellmanā€™s or store brand available, then people started raving about Dukeā€™s. They finally had it in our shop rite our last visit, so I got some. I think the Hellmanā€™s has more of a tang, so once we finish this jar Iā€™m going back to it. Is it a north vs. south thing, or are both kindā€™s everywhere?

We had BLTā€™s for dinner, as we are still swimming in tomatoes. I have to buy more bacon!Ā 

8/13/2023 9:12 pm  #13

Holly, I always use Miracle Whip šŸ˜

Ā  Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

8/13/2023 9:21 pm  #14

By the way, my post referred to small p political, not Capital P Political.

8/14/2023 8:19 am  #15

WHATEVER ON THE POLITICAL, I FOUND THE INFO ON ELECTRIC CARS INFORMATIVE, NOT POLITICAL.Ā  I THINK SOME OF THE STATIONS ARE DONE WITH SOLAR PANELS SO I FIGURE THEY ARE BETTER FOR THE ENVIROMENT.

TRISH......I'M THINKING MAYBE HAMPER SOUP IS ACTUALLY HAMBURGER SOUP?

HOLLY.......CHECKED OUT YOUR BLOG.Ā  VERY NICE THAT YOU WORKED IT ALL OUT AND SHE IS NOW AT PEACE WITH FAMILY.
I ALWAYS BUY CAIN'S REAL MAYO. IF THEY ARE OUT I SOMETIMES HAVE TO GET KRAFT'S SQUEEZABLE WHICH WAS OK BUT CAIN'S IS TOP OF MY LIST.Ā  I TELL MY SON NO OTHER, THANK YOU.

MY NEIGHBOR BROUGHT ME A DONUT HOLE YESTERDAYĀ  WITH CHOCOLATE IN THE MIDDLE.Ā  I NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE AND IT WAS TASTY.Ā  YES, SHARING AROUND HERE HAS BECOME VERY NICE.Ā  ONE CAN TRY DIFFERENT THINGS AND LEARN IF ITS SOMETHING YOU LIKE OR NOT.

THAT T-SHOWER ARRIVED SOONER THAN EXPECTED YESTERDAY.Ā  I WAS PUTTING MY CLOTHES IN THE DRYER WHEN THE SKY DARKENED A LOT AND THERE WAS THE FIRST LOUD CRACK.Ā  THE RAIN CAME POURING DOWN LIKE A SHEET.Ā  I CROSSED MY FINGERS THAT THE POWER WOULD STAY ON TIL MY CLOTHES WERE DONE AND IT DID.Ā  I ALSO WORRIED A BIT THE ELEVATOR MIGHT GO OUT BUT THANKFULLY I GOT UP AND DOWN WITHOUT A HITCH.Ā  I WAS BANKING ON THE FACT THAT OUR ELEVATOR HAD SOME BATTERY POWER TO TAKE THE ELEVATOR SAFELY TO THE FIRST FLOOR DURING AN OUTAGE.Ā  NO POWER OUTAGES BUT LOTS OF THE NOISY CLAPPING AND LIGHTNING ACROSS THE SKIES.Ā  THE RAIN STOPPED IN ABOUT AN HOUR AND IT WAS SUNNY AGAIN.Ā  WEIRD.

MY PLANS TODAY ONLY A BIT OF HOUSEKEEPING.Ā  I HAVE BEEN DOING SEVERAL CROSSWORDS THE LAST FEW DAYS WHICH KEEP MY BRAIN WORKING.Ā Ā 
HAVE A GOOD DAY.Ā  HUGS, QB SĀ 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/14/2023 8:34 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/Ā 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/14/2023 9:01 am  #16

Sandra- yes, it was meant to be informative. We read about things but this was a quick true story about someone I know from quilt retreats.

I called the drs office this morning to request thyroid BW. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how long it takes for a response. The dr has to order it before the gal can schedule it.
The car we ordered is in, but DH told me we may not be taking it? šŸ˜µā€šŸ’« Frankly, I donā€™t car as I plan to continue to use my Rav until it doesnā€™t run anymore.
Iā€™m thinking about unboxing my new machine today.

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/15/2023 2:40 am)

8/14/2023 9:38 am  #17

Good Morning, it is going to be a hot day, already 68* at 8:30.Ā  Leaving the drapes closed this morning.Ā  Hope you are all well, I'm feeling sort of okay this morning.

We went with Tracy yesterday up to their camping site.Ā  It was lovely, stayed outside for awhile, then moved inside so Tracy could wash dishes.Ā  It was a lovely day.Ā  Came home about 4:30, stopped on the way and bought some sandwiches.Ā  They were pretty good.Ā  Enough left over to have tonight.

I did my exercises this morning and now am enjoying my first cup of coffee.Ā  Have no plans for the day, the kids will be stopping by on their way home so that will be nice.Ā  Ā No plans for the day, so I will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

8/14/2023 11:12 am  #18

Yikes!Ā  Took me awhile to catch up here.Ā  Another busy few days.Ā  Nothing wonderful, though.Ā  ML and Andrew did come over late yesterday.Ā  His fondest wish to live in Chicago and work remotely didn't come true.Ā  In the end, no one to room with and share costs.Ā  EVERYONE he (or we) told that he was planning to live there nearly blew up telling us of the danger. And we knew that but it was his choice.Ā  Sadly, for him, that door was closed,Ā  so, Sat. he went to Carmel, suburb of Indpls. where his company is based and found a beautiful 1-bedroom 10 mins. from work, and he will go into the office at least most of the time.Ā  Ā All things considered,Ā  IMHO, that is the best anyway for a first job situation.Ā  Ā I was very careful to NOT say the wrong things to him and we had a good visit, together.Ā  ML and I sort of have a schtick that we go into that lightens up things and she had warned me via text to consider his disappointment.Ā  Sometimes, I need that...Ā 
The only real lefty/righty thing I ever did was bat right-handed in softball.Ā  I learnedĀ  to bat from watching the other kids and it felt natural.Ā  I've always knit and crocheted left-handed.Ā  Thought crocheting was impossible, but when I mentioned it to our doc's office nurse, she said, 'Judy, I'm left- handed and I crochet all the time.'Ā  Naturally, with no knowledgeĀ  of her doing it on my part,Ā  ML cuts r. handed as did her paternal gr. grandmother.Ā  Ā Now, that's genetic!Ā 

Tomorrow, ML and I are traveling to Hudsonville, MI, near Grand Rapids, to visit my 2nd cousin, Evelyn who lost her husband in April.Ā  Instead of attending the funeral,Ā  then, we opted to spend a day with her this summer.Ā  She thought that was a great idea. He had been sick a long time. Howard will stay home with Fancy so we don't have to enlist Shena.Ā  He's happy with that plan and so are we.Ā  It's about a 2 hr. drive.Ā 

We have very busy wren parents feeding their babies their babies in my front porch bird house.Ā  I'm so thrilled.Ā  Not so sure the birds are when we come and go, but they seem to tolerate us.Ā  Fingers crossed that nothing gets them.Ā  OMG!Ā  lo and behold, just as I typed that, an unfamiliar young cat laid down on the doormatĀ  outside the sunroom.Ā  Ran off when I tried to alert Howard.Ā  Geez, I hope it doesn't try to get the baby birds!Ā Ā 
Indy
ETA:Ā  Sure enough!Ā  We heard something crash on the porch and Howard found the bird house had been knocked down by that cat!Ā Ā 

Its a stray and he scared it off.Ā  Will probably come back at night.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Last edited by indyanny (8/14/2023 1:53 pm)

8/14/2023 3:59 pm  #19

We are at 94 degrees right now at almost 6 pm, but it says it feels like 107. We are under a heat warning today. I did go outside twice and pulled some weeds, but only stayed out there 15 minutes at a time. My lawn guy put off coming until tomorrow.Ā 

BJ, I'm glad you got to go to their campsite!

As for the mayo question, we always bought Kraft, then switched to Hellmans, now I buy Chosen Foods olive oil or avacado oil mayo. I've never bought Dukes, although it's really popular here in the South. Billy loved Miracle Whip.Ā 

Janet, Greg did that with the Tesla he ordered. He bought one locally from someone that had two of them.Ā 

Judy, I'm sure you're relieved Andrew isn't going to be living in Chicago. Sounds like a nice short trip for you and MIL to spend some time alone without the men.Ā 

Last night was the first time I had watched news coverage of the Maui devastation. It's much worse than I imagined. I'm so glad Greg canceled their trip to Maui for February. What a shame they had no warnings.

I'm having a fried ham sandwich and sweet kale salad for dinner. Easy and don't have to heat up the oven.Ā 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/14/2023 4:13 pm)

D e v o n n e
Ā 

8/15/2023 3:00 am  #20

SANDRA so so sorry, HA,HA, I meant PEA & HAM SOUP LOL
I should check over what I type more closely. I was of the same mind as you, regarding the cars andĀ political, and I think I might have made comments about them - last week? Can't remember, seems like there is a big push to get people to use them, BUT we haven't got the power or power stations to charge them, honestly, who dreams up this stuff.Ā 

Here they want to stop using fossil fuels, but we don't have anything in place to provide power. The cars being one of the things needed. I am guessing it's the Ā same there.Ā 

I do love that you are sharing there, I guess there will be some things you really don't like, but it beats trying to think of something every day..

HOLLY I went looking at our grocery store for mayonnaise, I only buy S&W whole egg, and Kewpie, but I saw we actually have Helmans. Didn't even know it LOL -- Ā I'm a creature of habit, just get the one I want. I used to buy the store home brand, it was the best for potato salad, has a slight peppery taste.

INDY a bit of a relief to know he won't be in Chicago, I guess he will find his way no matter what, Hope he is happy in Carmel, is it far from you, I know Chicago is a couple hours?? Oh No on that cat, hope the birds are OK, they are pretty fast. The cat must be a local one.

JANET will he just cancel, or sell it himself. Hope you get the machine set up, I would be nuts waiting this long LOL It would be open right after I brought it in!

DEVONNE the devastation in Maui is horrific, I have seen footage, so much damage, how will they ever recover? although I have also seen some of the ares we have had basically flattened by bushfire, a few years later you wouldn't know. When the cyclone - Tracy - Ā devastated Darwin so many years ago it took a while but the city was up and running in record time. Incredible what can happen when people work together.

BJ what a lovely trip to see the camp site and visit there, sounds like they are having fun! Hope you stayed out of the sun.

Ā I went to fitness group this morning, then to hairdresser, I look better now, hair cut and some colour added.Ā 
Then to the local mini mall, they have Chinese food (as well as Indian etc) in the food court, got some and bought it home for dinner so I didn't have to cook LOL

The Mr got home late from bowls today, and I really couldn't be bothered thinking about what to have.Ā 

ā€‹It's been aĀ lovelyĀ day today, quite cool, but yesterday was drizzly and really cold ! Not nice at all!

Ā 

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/15/2023 3:02 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera