OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 12:23 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY AUG 20 ~ SAT AUG 26

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/20/2023 12:24 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUG 20 ~ SAT AUG 26

Have a wonderful week!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

8/20/2023 3:58 am  #3

So sorry, it's been busy last few days!

THANK YOU DIANE!! Hope all is well with you!

BJ I thought Frank would go to rehab, usually a couple weeks is the norm here, after a couple days in hospital, ((((hugs)))) to you, you will miss him, but he will need to have PT to recover. You will have company I'm sure, your girls will look after you both (((hugs))))

SANDRA I hope the shopping goes well, and you get the supplies - I want to har about the clam cakes!! We had a nice "proper" afternoon tea here today, it's Pete's birthday tomorrow, and Gary will be flying to Melbourne, and John has his last trial exam before the big ones in a 2 months. So he wanted to be home to study, and we all wanted to be together to give Pete his gift. So tonight I had a banana for dinner, and one dumpling I cooked a batch for the Mr, too much food - we had scones jam and cream, fruit tarts, with or without cream, madeleines and lemon cake. All yum, and washed down with either English Breakfast or Peppermint tea. 

INDY I am so very sorry about your loss, too young, it's harder when they are so young ((((hugs)))) Will her mum cope? So hard to bury your child, no matter the age, I have seen it a few times, and the parents find it very difficult - so very sad.  I am really glad the baby birds are still OK, funny about dad doing the protecting. 

MARYLOU I saw the video, so gorgeous, it's a great way to show quilts, and what a lot there were, so many different ones, and all beautiful! We had our DearJane group today, so I showed them the video as well, they all loved it!

HOLLY you're all set, I still only freeze the ground meat from raw LOL I just can't bring myself to cook it first not knowing what I'll use it for. I am cooking turkey mince tomorrow, I'll "brown" it - not cooking really, just so it's not raw, then toss into the slow cooker with tomato passata herbs and lots of grated veg and that will be cooking all day for dinner with the boys and us for Pete. They all like that, and many restaurants are closed here on Mondays, seems it's a slow night usually, so they close that night, hard when it's your birthday on a Monday LOL

I did my final weigh in and fitness test this morning, totally surprised that I could do so much more after just a few weeks, the weight didn't come off as much as I would have liked, but that's on me, no one else to blame, I didn't always stick to the plan. Especially the weekend I had away, I've still lost 12-14lb though, so not bad, I just wished I had gone just a little lower, but I'll be happy with what I've achieved, and try to keep it going. 
I started at (8 weeks ago)  15 pushups, 30 crunches and 25 squats, today it was 20 pushups, 32 squat and 52 crunches. In one minute time sets for each.

This old lady is tired tonight, I came back early from sewing so I could get the afternoon tea setup. The food was demolished pretty quickly, those boys can eat, followed very closely by Pop and their dad LOL

See you later!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/20/2023 9:13 am  #4

TRISH.......YOU ARE DOING JUST GREAT WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WITH YOUR WORKOUTS.

ITS A LOVELY DAY HERE.  SUNNY AND BRIGHT TODAY.  A LOVELY SUNDAY.
I HAVE TO PORTION MY MEAT PURCHASES TODAY FOR MEALSIZES AND FREEZE THEM.  I GOT GROUND BEEF, PORK CHOPS AND SIRLOIN STEAK YESTERDAY.  STILL NO FROZEN CLAMS AVAILABLE, DARN IT.   MY FREEZER WILL BE FULL TO CAPACITY WHEN  I'M THRU. 
NOTHNG NOTEWORTHY TO MENTION TODAY.  ITS SLOW AND QUIET HERE.  NO COOKING NEEDED EITHER.
I CRUNCHED MY TEETH TOGETHER WHILE EATING THE OTHER DAY AND THOUGHT FOR SURE I BROKE A TOOTH BUT INSTEAD I LOOSENED A CANINE TOOTH.  I HAVE BEEN EATING VERY CAREFULLY SINCE THEN AND LIMITING MY INTAKE.  I ACTUALLY LOST A COUPLE OF POUNDS ALREADY BUT ITS NOT THE WAY I WANTED TO DIET.  I NEED TO CALL A DENTIST TO GET IT REMOVED OR ELSE PULL THE THING MYSELF BUT I'M NOT SURE I CAN HANDLE IT.  I WILL SEE ABOUT  IT TOMORROW.  OR MAYBE IT WILL FALL OUT ITSELF. GETTING A RIDE AT THE RIGHT TIME IS A PROBLEM FOR ME. I WILL SEE HOW IT GOES.
ANYWAY,  ANOTHER DAY OF EASE FOR THIS OLD LADY. 
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 
PS   CORRECTED TO CANINE TOOTH, NOT INCISOR.  OOPSEY.

Last edited by quiltbea (8/20/2023 1:32 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/20/2023 9:33 am  #5

Sandra, sorry about the tooth! Yikes!

I saw that you can take the stem bits from a tomato and freeze the rest raw, I might try that, we still have so many. 

Texas Roadhouse for lunch today, yum. I love their herbed chicken. 

I messaged Tracy yesterday, BJ’s Frank is expected to spend some time in rehab, then come home.

I got a nice text from my niece Juliette today. She told me how much my great nephew Ben adores the temperature snake I made him, and plays with Snakey a lot. It’s so nice to hear that something I made is loved. 

8/20/2023 9:48 am  #6

Good Morning, just took my shower, feels good.  It is only 55* outside this morning, very cool.   Will be sure to put on a sweater!  Tracy is going to Bellingham to check out a home for Frank to be sent to so I'm going with her.  He'll need about two weeks for healing.

Looks like the sun is attempting to shine through the clouds, nice!!  Will likely be warmer throughout the day.  There are fires all around us, hope they stay that way and don't get into Washington.   I just went and changed my shirt, short sleeves don't seem right today, so went with some 3/4 sleeves.  Feels good right now.  Want to watch the 9:00 am show this morning, really enjoy it.  Tracy just came out from shower and turned the TV on so I could watch my show, so guess I'd better get moving.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes to you all, BJ.

8/20/2023 1:41 pm  #7

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I bought groceries and Emily's favorite candies. I never made it to their place, as I had groceries to put up. I invited Gary to come have an early breakfast with me in the morning after he drops Sadie Grace off at school at 7:45. Hopefully, he will come by so I can give him Emily's card and her goodies. I'll go visit them more when it's not so hot so we can sit outside. I also got another watermelon. This may be the last one of the summer for me. 

It's going to be a scorcher this week so I'll be staying inside and will get back to my embroidery machine. I had to take a break for a few days because sitting so much was making my left foot swell. I hope I can start my little pressure washer this evening to see how good it does. 

Sandra, I hope the tooth falls out for you and saves you a dentist trip. I know what you mean about it being difficult to schedule trips when everyone is so busy. I am dreading that part of my life when I can't drive anymore and have to rely on others. 

Holly, I also love their herbed chicken! It's what I get most of the time. 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/20/2023 1:45 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/20/2023 8:09 pm  #8

Oh dear SANDRA I hope you can get some help with that tooth, maybe it will go back by itself. If you get pain make sure you get someone to take you to get it fixed ((((hugs)))) sorry about the clam cakes, but great that you now have a freezer full.

BJ I know you will miss having Frank around for a couple weeks, but you will be fine, I know the girls will have things in place to have you cared for ,and make sure you're not lonely (((hugs)))

DEVONNE mayne you wll be able to see E this week sometime, I heard it was pretty hot your neck of the woods, we'll have that soon enough!

HOLLY we were talking about temperature quilts this week at my group classes, Julie wants us all to try to get one made and we'll have a 'show & tell' at the end of next year, there are tons of pics of them, I knew about the crochet and knitting ones. Moda has a range of fabric out, Moda Rainbow Sherbet (I think)

If anyone wants to see the ideas, google Moda Temperature quilts. LOL LOL it keeps changing Moda to Soda!! They even give you templates to fill in with colours and temps each day, some amazing ideas out there, people are so creative.

My slow cooker has been going since 8am, it will be perfect by dinner tonight, I just need to pick up an ice cream cake on my way home from yoga! They'll eat ice cream no matter how cold it is!
Although it's quite nice today, the sun is out and it's not windy - so far LOL

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/20/2023 8:10 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/20/2023 9:04 pm  #9

Trish check out Temperature Quilt Gang on FB.  It’s a group from my guild who started this in January.  I didn’t do it.

8/21/2023 8:08 am  #10

ITS ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY THO THEY SAY MORE RAIN TONITE.  I THINK IT WORKS OUT WELL FOR THE VACATIONERS WHEN WE GET THOSE SHOWERS AFTER MIDNITE.  THEN SUNSHINE IN THE MORNING.  I KNOW I PREFER IT THAT WAY.

MARYLOU........I KNOW THIS DAY WILL BE A SAD ONE FOR YOU.  YOUR ANNIVERSARY DATE.  I KNOW IT CAN BE FILLED WITH SAD AND ALSO HAPPY MEMORIES.  I HOPE YOURS ARE THE HAPPY ONES TOAY.  HUGS.

DEVONNE........NOT DRIVING MYSELF IS REALLY A BUMMER.  I HATE IT.  TOO BAD I COULD NOT AFFORD ANOTHER CAR WHEN MY LAST ONE COULD NOT GET THE INSPECTION STICKER DUE TO UNDERCARRIAGE RUST WHICH WAS NOT FIXABLE.  I HAD TO SELL IT FOR SCRAP SO NO MONEY TO BUY A REPLACEMENT OF ANY KIND.  I COULD STILL DRIVE LEGALLY BUT HAD NO WHEELS.  ITS TOUGH NOT BEING ABLE TO GET OUT WHEN YOU WANT TO RUN AN ERRAND.  AND ME, I HATE ASKING FOR FAVORS.  EVEN FROM MY KIDS.  I KNOW THEY ARE BUSY, BUSY WITH WORKING AND THEIR OWN LIVES.  DRIVE FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN GIRL.

BJ.......MOST EVERYONE HERE WHO HAS HAD SURGERY HAD HAD TO SPEND SOME TIME IN REHAB BEFORE COMING HOME.  SOMETIMES ONLY FOR A COUPLE WEEKS, BUT HOME THEY CAME AGAIN.  I THINK IT WILL BE THE SAME FOR YOUR FRANK.  AND YOU ARE LUCKY WITH YOUR GIRLS COMING OVER SO MUCH.  BE PATIENT.  YOU WILL SEE HIM AGAIN AND HAVE TO BRING HIM IS MORNING COFFEE.

I WILL BE MAKING A POT OF MASHED POTATOES TODAY.  THEY ARE SOFT AND EASY TO EAT.  I AM STILL FAVORING THAT TOOTH.  I HAVE HOPES IT WILL TIGHTEN UP ITSELF.  IN THE MEANTIME, I AM VERY CAREFUL NOT TO KNOCK IT WITH FOOD.

HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/21/2023 8:13 am)

8/21/2023 9:30 am  #11

Good Morning to everyone.  Tracy has gone to hospital to be with Frank, they are supposed to move him today to a new facility.  He'll be there for a couple of weeks then home again.

It's very cold this morning, only 52*!!   The sun is very distant and is pure red.  Gloria is coming this morning to clean so it will be nice to have her around.  Tracy just called to tell me she forgot that my brother, Wayne, called yesterday.  He's doing fine so that's good.   Also, Earl's wife called yesterday, too!  They're fine so that's good, too.

Well, I don't have anything to say so will sign off, wishing you all a very good day, hope everyone is well, BJ.

8/21/2023 10:43 am  #12

Another hot one, the last for a while. I did a blog post with the latest pic of the Woodland Afghan. 

Bath and Bodywork’s is having a soap sale, usually $8.95 on sale for $2.95, so I ordered a bunch online and we just picked them up, lots of fall scents. The sales lady had 8 pages to go thru to find the order, and not alphabetically! And she said they have 50 orders waiting for them to pull! Yikes! 

Mary Lou, hugs to you on a bittersweet day. 

8/21/2023 11:40 am  #13

Thanks for thinking of me on our anniversary. It is a hard day because of that but I also have something to celebrate. Lynn was born on our third anniversary. She is 55 years old today …how can I have a child that old!!!

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/24/2023 2:46 am)

8/21/2023 4:32 pm  #14

Thinking of you, Mary Lou.  What a wonderful  3rd anniversary  gift--your first child.  

We got groceries today.  Hadn't been for at least 2 weeks.  Needed everything and the charge showed it!  Yikes!   Got some catfish nuggets fried by the deli for lunch when we got back home.  May go to the farmer's market tomorrow for tomatoes and whatever else.  

The end of this week will be busy.  Tomorrow and Wed., nothing planned, but Thurs. at 10 am, the church is beginning a women's craft group--bring whatever you're working on--and that's all I really know at this point.  Later, Beth's visitation starts at 3 and I want to go early since I can't stand for long.  Friday morning is her funeral mass at 10 and  at 1 pm is our small Bible study group.  I have to bring a salad to that and am going to pick up a bean salad at the grocery deli that I tried a sample of today.   It tasted pretty good.   All it needs is a bit of sugar added to make it more sweet and sour.  I always make something at home, but it'll have to do for that day.  And...today, I got a reminder call for my dental appt. on Thurs, which I totally forgot and didn't even have  on the calendar.  So, that's rescheduled for  Nov. 16, the first time they had available.  Really???  
Sorry about YOUR tooth, QB.  Hope it tightens up on it's own.  A missing canine tooth will be quite noticeable.  Don't forget the aggravation  and expense of having and keeping up a car...   Wish there was someway you could count on to get somewhere when you need to.  I know that's frustrating. 

Trish, congrats!  I know you've worked hard to attain that weight loss and strength.  Pete's birthday tea sounds really good.  Did you make all those goodies, yourself?  I've never heard of temperature quilts, only afghans and snakes like Holly has made.  I looked them up.  Wouldn't be for me, but interesting.  

I don't think I'm on tap for supper tonight.  Only something to snack on, maybe.  Wonder what that will be?  
Sweet dreams,
Indy

ETA:  I forgot, Howard saw one baby wren's  head, mouth, wide open, poking out of the birdhouse this morning.  
We were like new parents!  

Last edited by indyanny (8/21/2023 5:17 pm)

8/21/2023 9:11 pm  #15

Gary came for breakfast after he dropped Sadie Grace off. She cried the first day of Pre K and didn't want to stay, but she likes it now. She is used to Caleb being with her all the time, but he's in another school in 1st grade. I packaged up the leftovers for him to take to Emily. I never eat that early.

Getting up that early has made me tired, as I normally don't nap. I hope to be asleep by midnight if the dogs don't start barking to go out. 

Trish, congratulations on the weight loss. I fell off the band wagon after the cruise and gained 12 lbs. since April. I was doing so good, but got off track. I'm back on track now.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/21/2023 9:16 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/22/2023 9:33 am  #16

Good Morning to everyone!  Hope you all have a wonderful day planned.  I have been up awhile.  Tracy wanted to get an early start as Frank was in a strange place, I'm sure he'll be fine.  I'm not very bright this morning as I can't seem to get myself going!!  It is only 57* outside and no sun.  

I'm really sorry, I can't seem to get moving so will sign off!  Hope you are all well, BJ.

8/22/2023 9:40 am  #17

JUDY........YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE AGGRAVATION WHEN OWNING A CAR.  UPKEEP, REGISTRATIONS, INSURANCE PAYMENTS, INSPECTIONS AND HERE IN THE WINTER WE HAVE TO JOCKEY OUR CARS IN THE LOT AROUND FOR THE PLOWS.  I DON'T MISS ALL THAT.

DEVONNE......HOW NICE THAT SADIE GRACE IS DOING OK WITH SCHOOL.  SOMETIMES ITS SCARY AT FIRST.  THEY GET USED TO IT AS THEY MAKE MORE FRIENDS.

I HAVE A CALL IN TO MY LAST DENTIST, AN ORAL SURGEON.   I AM AWAITING A CALL BACK.  MY NEIGHBOR, NAN, HAS OFFERED TO TAKE ME WHEN I GET THE APPT AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH HER ANOTHER APPT THIS WEEK.  I AM HOPING.  IT WOULD BE QUICK IN AND OUT.  A BIT OF NOVACANE, A LITTLE PULL, AND BEGONE PAINFUL TOOTH.  I HOPE THEY ARE NOT ON VACATION.

NICE DAY AGAIN HERE.  LOVE IT.  SUCH GREAT TEMPS FOR US.   
I HAVE ENOUGH TOMATOES TO ROAST ANOTHER BATCH SO WILL DO THAT EITHER THIS AFTERNOON OR TOMORROW POSSIBLY.  RIGHT NOW I TOOK MY BILLS FROM THE FILE SO I CAN TEAR UP ALL THE OLDER ONES AND JUST KEEP CURRENT INVOICES.

I'VE PULLED OUT MY FILES AND WILL TOSS ALL THE OLD PAID INVOICES.  MY FILE WAS OVERFLOWING.  I DO NOT HAVE A SHREDDER SO I CUT THEM WITH SHEARS ESPECIALLY WHERE MY NAME AND ANY NUMBERS ARE LOCATED.  IT'LL BE SLOW BUT A JOB NEEDED AND DONE WITH.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/22/2023 9:46 am)

8/22/2023 12:33 pm  #18

Sandra, that's wonderful you are friends with someone that still drives. I hope you can get an appt. asap.

I went outside and had my morning coffee on the patio. Surprisingly, there was a nice breeze, but it's going up to 95 today. Feels like 105, so I won't be cleaning off the patio until early in the morning. We're under a heat alert and an air quality alert. Gets worse Friday and Saturday.

I have 7 more embroidered fabric blocks to do, and it's time consuming. I started a design and will be leaving the room. The one I did yesterday was 64,000 stitches. This one is 33,000 stitches. The only messages I've had is an occasional thread break, the bobbin is almost empty or I need to change the thread to the next color. You can tell you need to do something, as you don't hear the machine going, lol.

I'm fixing a meatloaf today and asparagus for dinner. I watched a lady fix cube steak on YT. She flours it, dips in an egg mixture, flours again, then browns each side in a skillet. She sets the steaks aside, then adds a little flour in the skillet, makes gravy with the brown stuff left over in the pan, adds chicken broth. She puts all this in a crockpot for 3 or 4 hours. I soak my cube steak in milk for 30-40 minutes, then flour it, salt and pepper, no egg, then fry it. I buy the brown gravy and onion mix in the package. How do you fix yours?

Linda, I hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/22/2023 12:37 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/23/2023 7:44 am  #19

THIS IS MY 2ND TRY.  GOT KNOCKED OFF EARLIER.  

DEVONNE.......KEEP YOUR HIGH TEMPS DOWN THERE.  I LOVE OURS IN THE 70S AND DO NOT NEED IT ANY HOTTER.

I FINALLY GOT A DENTAL APPT BUT NOT TIL SEPT 18TH.  TILL THEN I WILL BABY THIS TOOTH.  SOFT FOODS AND PRACTICALLY NO SNACKS.  I HAVE LOST 4 LBS ALREADY SO ITS GOOD FOR SOMETHING.  I HAVE BINGO TONITE AND HOPE TO WIN A BIT.  I ALSO PLAN TO MAKE A POT OF CHICKEN RICE SOUP FOR EASY EATING.  I AM INTO MASHED TATERS RIGHT NOW WITH SOME CHICKEN CUT UP VERY SMALL.  I AM NOT STARVING BUT I MISS MY SNACKS.  RIGHT NOW ITS MOSTLY ICE CREAM.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/23/2023 7:49 am)

8/23/2023 7:53 am  #20

Lynn got some good news yesterday. A sonogram showed that the tumor has shrunk to just over half the original size! Today she is having the 7th of 12 chemo treatments. What comes after that depends on how much more it shrinks. Another bit of good news is that my brother has offered to drive me to her house. I make the 4 1/2 hour drive to David’s by myself but not the 10 hour drive to Lynn’s. We are still figuring out a schedule but it will probably be sometime in last half of September. He says he will take me up one weekend then come get me the next weekend.

Last edited by tricia-anne (8/24/2023 2:46 am)

Board footera