OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/13/2023 9:22 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 11 ~ SAT JUNE 17

=19.5pxGood Morning to everyone.  It is sort of dreary around here, but 60* at 8:17am. so may be a good day, hard to say.  Have a nice little breeze, occasionally.  My flowers are so beautiful in the hanging baskets, Tracy has done a wonderful job of getting those so pretty.

I really don't have anything to say today, so will just say Hi! and Goodbye! and hope everyone has a really nice day, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (6/13/2023 9:22 am)

6/13/2023 11:55 am  #22

Mary Lou, I checked out the menu of that lodge and it looks yummy.  Did you have their specialty, the chicken?  Clicked on both sites.   Hope you've had a nice day.  So sorry you'll miss Jessica and the kiddos. 

I notice feelings of "dullness", too, some days.  I blame it on our staying home so much, but  complain if we are forced to go to appts. and other necessities.  Then, I kick myself and realize how much I have to choose from to do or to entertain myself.  Howard tends to stand around (in my way) and stare at the tv.  Why he stands so much, I don't know.  Even he notices it...Human beings?  Seems we're never satisfied.  Talking to myself, not you all. At least here, we can let it all hang out and not have to put on airs or pretend everything's hunky dory all the time.  After all, we ARE human.

I've continued to do my little bit of weaving every day as an homage to 'Making everyday count'.  Have only gotten behind twice and that wasn't much fun--catching up. And, I bit the bul let and paid for a year's membership to The Quilt Show.  Are any of you signed up for that?  I've told myself, I don't need another monkey on my back, as in, "You better not have paid for this and then not  use  it",  but still  decided to go for it.  I do enjoy most of the Shows and seeing all the new ways to quilt and the artistry of  some even though I know I'll never do any of those techniques in all likelihood. 

Devonne, you're the best, most generous Mom/Gran  in the world.  Your bunch are very fortunate.  Hope they realize that!  Enjoy your day with Carter. 

It's another gray and rather chilly day here.  Not June weather at all.  But, I'm not really complaining.  When it gets hot, it'll be hot for a long time.  A gardener friend of mine told me that a long time ago and she is right.

There goes Howard to the mailbox.  I need to go wash my hair and shower.  A rather dull day!  
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (6/13/2023 12:05 pm)

6/13/2023 2:43 pm  #23

Afternoon y'all! 
Another busy day.  Took mom to get hair done, walked this afternoon, ran to Wally World, and been on the phone and computer trying to get stuff done for the move!
Mom's doctors office called yesterday, to fill out the paperwork they have to see her, really, she was just there a few weeks ago!  I will not make waves, hopefully insurance will pay for it! We go tomorrow.  I have all her meds in a bag for him to see, no questions as to what she takes, I have it in hand!  I needed more printer ink.  I think this printer drinks it!  I printed the paperwork the facility sent me!  So I am ready for tomorrow! 
I need to figure out how to change mom's address on Medicare and more, I can do it, I'm just very tired especially today for some reason!  Must be the heat! 
It will be a busy day for mom tomorrow.  She has an appointment in the morning, and a phone/facetime assessment at 1 pm.  I will make something special for supper.  I am trying to eat down the fridge/freezer.  Figured after I was "out of food" I would do a daily trip for supper.  Lunch and breakfast I have more than enough to get us to next Saturday! 
Nothing else exciting.  Need to work on packing mom and myself, kinda dragging my feet until after the 1 pm appointment, then that  egg should hatch!  Praying all goes well!  
Later my Friends! 

6/13/2023 3:04 pm  #24

Theresa- you’re amazing!

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/13/2023 4:03 pm)

6/13/2023 3:18 pm  #25

I had a really good day! Jul had a half day, then Heather picked her up and they came here. We went to lunch at a place that has vegan cheesesteaks for them, I had an apricot grilled cheese. We went from there to a new place called Crumbl, which has huge cookies. Then to the Outlets, so Jul could get some Crocs, then to the natural food store- they have the best vegan chicken nuggets, they tell me. Then back here. Heather needed a baby Afghan for a shower at her work, so she picked one. Jul picked out one of the heavy afghans I made recently, and Heather found a big one I had made for her years ago, so they took them. She also took the second of a pair of end tables that she’s going to do something with. It was fun to spend the afternoon with them.

Theresa, all your days are busy!

6/13/2023 3:20 pm  #26

Janet: Thanks, I'm just still swimming upstream, but will eventually be swimming with the current! 

6/13/2023 4:22 pm  #27

Morning all😄
Finally got up, stayed in bed late today.

We spent most of yesterday with my cousins, so lovely to see Robin & Graeme again and this time her brother Bill and his wife Merlinda. I haven’t seen Bill since Rob & G wedding. 57 years ago,  my goodness, I went searching through the people and found him instantly. Of course he’s aged but we all still could recognise each other after all these years.
Warwick, Bill and Graeme got on like a house on fire 😄 and Merly as they call her is an absolute delight. She looks about 40 (if that) but is 67. She is beautiful 🥰
From talking with Robin I was expecting Bill to be a little reserved but he hugged me right away.

Another gorgeous day here, beautiful blue sky and going to be warm. No idea what we are doing, will decide after breakfast.

SANDRA nice to have that bit of rain, no Bingo tonight?

DEVONNE you are a generous caring mum and nan, I know they would have appreciated that.

JANET how weird, I do hope they won’t come looking for you, maybe someone dame early and was back of store?

HOLLY awful news about that road, and yes the bus accident was terrible. I am guessing that not many were using seatbelts, one deceased couple were young with small children now alone 😢.

M & G often go that way camping, but they didn’t that weekend, they were down the river. 

INDY yours stands, mine sits in front of TV, often with eyes closed😆 he’s already dressed, I haven’t had breakfast yet.

THERESA not long to go, try to get copies made of everything from Drs, you might need it for mum. 

MARYLOU it sounds like a lovely day, sorry you missed Jessica,  maybe next time you’ll catch her.

I better get moving, put a load of washing on before I get food

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/13/2023 7:54 pm  #28

GOOD EVENING FROM DULLSVILLE, USA!

WE ARE OKAY. I HAVE BEEN READING BUT NOT POSTING.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS..................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/14/2023 4:44 am  #29

We are finally going to the car dealer to order a car.  He’s only been talking about it for well over a year!  He lives in the world of regret and I’m sure this won’t be any different.  He constantly over thinks and rethinks everything.  My DD used to say if dad had to pick between spearmint and peppermint gum it would be a big deal.  If he took the peppermint he’d think all day that maybe he should have taken the spearmint, or vice versa. 🤷‍♀️. So you can imagine what goes on with a big purchase here.

6/14/2023 7:31 am  #30

Oops. Stop the presses….lol.  I just came in from the gym and he says are you sure we should order that car? 
   🤦‍♀️. Why am I not surprised?

Last edited by Missmommy (6/15/2023 10:08 am)

6/14/2023 7:34 am  #31

I'm trying a new coffee this morning. Donut Shop Cappuccino and I added Silk Almond milk. So yummy good! 
We are getting some much needed rain this morning, but it wasn't enough. I hope we get more later. I put lime on my front yard yesterday, so it needs more water.

Tammy's son, Bryon, was found dead at his home of a drug overdose. I thought sure it would be Ben. Please remember her in her sorrow. 

I had a wonderful time with Carter yesterday. Greg got to work at home after all, but I went & picked him up anyway. We went to Dunkin Donuts, first time I've been there in 3 or 4 years. They have the best coffee and the donuts weren't so bad either, lol!  After breakfast, we went to Stars & Strikes,  a bowling alley and arcade place. Greg surprised us and met us there. 

Janet, we were that way about finding another house. I believe we went in every subdivision within 30 miles and always had an excuse why "we didn't like this one." Sometimes it was the area. Our sons got so frustrated with us...just pick a house they said. I'm glad we didn't move, as Billy had his stroke the next year. Maybe our hesitation was an omen? 
I'm going to do embroidery today. I've decided not to do the patchwork quilt. It would need to be king size and would cost a fortune in all the different fabrics and the backing. Then need to be quilted. I found one on Amazon I really like already done, lol.  Not homemade, but.....

Last edited by DownSouth (6/14/2023 8:01 am)

D e v o n n e

6/14/2023 9:29 am  #32

Good Morning, it is so much fun reading everyone's posts!  Hearing what you are doing, etc., keep it up!!!  It is breezy here this morning, but only 55* so not a very nice day, no sun.  I have no plans for the day, except a woman is coming from Eden Home Health, not sure what for, but we'll go along.  I had said it was very breezy, now it is so still! 

I have nothing to say, so will just sign off and wish everyone well, BJ. 

6/14/2023 10:32 am  #33

ITS PARTLY CLOUDY TODAY.  WE GOT RAIN YESTERDAY, A LOT.  I DID NOT CHECK MY GARDEN.  I AM SURE ITS HAD ENOUGH WATERING AND MAINT IS FIXING THE PATIO DOOR SO DO NOT WANT TO DISTURB HIS THOUGHTS.

I REC'D A PARTIAL ORDER FROM TARGET THIS MORNING AND THE STONEWARE SPAGHETTI DISH WAS BROKEN.  I WILL CONTACT THEM TODAY FOR EITHER A REFUND OR A NEW BOWL.  I HAVE NEVER HAS AN ISSUE WITH THEM BEFORE.

I MADE SHELL PASTA WITH MEAT SAUCE AND MEATBALLS LAST NITE.  SHARED WITH TOM AND HIS DOG OSCAR NEXT DOOR.  I AM HAVING SOME FOR LUNCH.

THAT'S IT FROM ME.  DECISIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND ARE EITHER CHICKEN RICE SOUP OR BUNDIES SO I HAVE BOTH MEATS DEFROSTING IN THE MICROWAVE NOW.

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE.  OH, DARN, SORRY ABOUT TAMMY'S LOSS.  CONDOLENCES WINGING HER WAY.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/14/2023 10:33 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/14/2023 11:00 am  #34

So sad for Tammy.  She's had so much upheaval to deal with in her life. Now this.  I hope her new marriage is rock solid and she has that assurance.  

Another chilly, gray day here.  What happened to June and an almost guarantee that it will be beautiful day after day?  ML texted they had landed in London this morning and it is sunny!  I would have not been surprised if it was cloudy there.  

QB, disappointing about the spaphetti dish.  I'm sure they'll make it right though.  I love stoneware.  We eat off of two  stoneware plates almost every evening.  They're stamped Holland on the bottom, an homage to my roots. 

Devonne, you are a coffee conoissure (spelled wrong).  You'd gag at my Cafe Bustelo instant every morning.  It does call itself "espresso" and I like it, actually like the 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar, I think.
It poured here last night and we also needed the rain.

We were supposed to have lunch with Carol and Albert but Howard has a flare up of mouth pain from his dentures so we postponed that until next Wed.  I'm just as glad as I have some things I want to do around here, today.  And...honestly, I could use a bit of down time after getting the Arndts off to England.   That's supposed to be a joke, but it's partly true...

Janet, some people are just like that.  Always second guessing themselves.  I'm sure you're good for Jerry, a calming spirit to his frenetic-ness.  After so many years, we play our expected rolls, don't we?

Theresa, to me, it gets more complicated each day, for you.  You have a lot of balls in the air, still.  I suppose it'll be that way until the end, when it will abruptly stop.  Still, you've made so much progress and mostly all by yourself.   
Trish, are  you resting and enjoying the down time?  When Howard used to travel for work and I was obliged to go with him, I found that time, in a motel while he worked, quite pleasant.  I was better groomed, too.  Since I had time to do those tasks and no cleaning or cooking. Not even texting, back then...  
How wonderful for you to have reconnected with your relatives after so long and being able to take right up.

Mary Lou, how was your day trip, yesterday?
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/14/2023 11:03 am)

6/14/2023 11:55 am  #35

Afternoon y'all! 
Janet, my hubby is like that.  Has talked about getting new cell phones for almost 2 years now.  Still have the old phone!  His issue is getting the crowbar in the wallet to pay for something!  Took him over a year to "research" a new computer for me! Now he wants a truck, I won't see that bought for a good while!
Trish Primary cares office gave me the originals!  Everything else was online!  I am waiting on the TB blood work to come back, then that egg will be hatched! 
DS thanks for letting us know!  T&P's for Tammy and her family! 
QB Target is good about the returns, all it takes is one person not caring about the package in their care and dropping it just right!  
Indy yes, I could be a professional juggler at this point!  LOL!  I am so trying not to drop any balls! It's exhausting!  
Once again a busy day.  To mom's primary care to get bloodwork and paperwork filled out!  She wanted Hardee's so we went through the drive-thru, here, and had the Facetime assessment!  I think it was harder on me than mom!  I had to repeat everything to her, since she can't hear!  I'm exhausted! 
I still need to do my walk, and some laundry, laundry may wait till tomorrow.  I am packing more stuff too, feel better about it now after the assessment, mom got up and walked like a champ!  I think it helped she walked a good bit this morning, greasing the wheels so to speak!  
I did cancel her next primary care appointment, too far to drive, even though it is only twice a year!  So canceling things has begun!  That's big for me, it means we are moving in the right direction! 
One of the feral cats has had kittens, they are so cute.  They are big enough that if I could catch them, they could be given to a real home and not become feral, I think!  If I wanted a cat I would catch these, but I am a dog person.  Doesn't mean I don't like cats, I just prefer a dog!  
Nothing else exciting from my little world! 
Later my Friends! 

6/14/2023 3:55 pm  #36

Hi, all.

I'm back; I actually got in Sunday, but it's been a whirlwind since then.

I went back and read, but I'm too tired to make individual comments.  I am so sorry to read about Tammy's latest heartache.  I have kept all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

So, my BIL's service was last Friday.  We thought maybe a dozen or so people would come.  Not!  He managed a Panera near Atlanta, and nearly 40 of his current and former employees showed up.  My sister was so touched.  About 2 dozen of my nephew's friends also came, so it was a good turnout.  

My sister is possibly the world's worst housekeeper, so I did spend some time with Swiffers trying to cut through some of the dust.  Ugh.  I love her dearly, but sometimes she can be a bit of a pain. 

Speaking of being a pain, I was a royal b**** ( according to her).  Our dad served in the Pacific during WWII, and I have some documents relating to his flight missions, his medals and ribbons, and some other things.  She told me a couple of months ago that she had some pictures.  I asked her to bring them when she comes next month, and she said she wasn't sure where to find them in her garage.  So, you know me.  I asked last week to see them.  After much grumbling, we found the box.  Inside we found hundreds, if not a couple thousand, photographs.  Lots of family pictures, many sadly not labeled.  Among the treasures was a letter my older cousin wrote to her dog one summer.  She sent it to our grandmother who was caring for the dog.  The final part was hilarious.  "PS, don't let Carol throw this away."  No idea what that was about.  I haven't seen this cousin since Grandmother's funeral in November 1990, but my sister did some detective work and found her phone number.  We're now texting.  I can't wait to meet her and hand her this letter.  

My dad was apparently also quite a photojournalist of life in the Philippines.  We have hundreds of candid shots of fellow soldiers, the native people, and the landscape.  A USO tour came through, and he has candid shots of Bob Hope, Frances Langford, and other actors/actresses/singers whom I didn't recognize but found on Google.  

By the time we spent several hours going through all of this, we had laughed so much that I was forgiven and allowed to stay.  Everything came home with me.  We also found Dad's letters to his mother and her diary she kept while both sons were in the war.  There is a WWII museum of the Pacific campaign in Fredericksburg, Texas, not far from San Antonio.  We want to donate everything to them, so I'm waiting to hear back from them.  

It's unbearably hot in Houston.  Over 100 every day this week and next.  I've been at the ballpark for the past two days, and boy, do I ever bless George Westinghouse for inventing air conditioning.  This old girl can't do that much heat any more.  

Okay, that's my story for now.  Dinner is a frozen leftover.  Thank goodness such things exist.  Who invented the freezer?  Need to bless him too.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

6/14/2023 5:06 pm  #37

Hi ladies!  Lots of things going on.  Good to hear some of you are getting rain.

Today we took a trip to Duluth and up the shore to Gooseberry Falls.  We were going to do this back in May when the water would have been high but that's when I got sick.  We are in a drought now so there wasn't much water but the falls were still pretty.  We have smoke from Canada so that kept the sun covered and the temp down.  Perfect day.  Hardly any mosquitos until we got home.  Those and the horseflies are terrible.

Our favorite farmer has strawberries ready so we'll get some in the morning.  They are so good and clean I start eating them right away.  I have to put them in the back of the car or they wouldn't make it home!!

Enjoy your days and stay cool or warm Trish.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

6/14/2023 7:14 pm  #38

Judy, I had a good day yesterday. There were only 8 of us who went. Weather was perfect, food was good and time spent with friends was great.

6/14/2023 7:43 pm  #39

I feel so bad for Tammy, it’s an awful thing to happen and I hope she has family support. 

I finished a baby Afghan that represents the ocean beach. Julianna saw it and said I should save it til Eddie has a baby (hopefully not for at least 5 years) so I’ll give it to Heather to store. I’ll put a pic up on the blog tomorrow. Now I’m starting something called a virus Afghan, which involves counting, at least for several rows. 

Ralph’s train was an hour late, but he’s on it now and on the way home. Hopefully they will make up some time. 

6/14/2023 9:52 pm  #40

Patty, I wish I could find someone selling fresh strawberries. So much better than the store ones. 

Carol, you came home with some really nice treasures. Does your sister plan to stay in the same house? I can't take the heat either...love the a/c.

Theresa, your Mom sounds like she's in good health for her age. I was thinking about your absent NSDB today. When he texts you, you should tell him he can contact you only by certified letter, lol. 
I was sitting outside today after the rain and a hummingbird came whizzing by to say hello, where's my food? I am late in getting my feeders out.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/14/2023 10:03 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera