OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/28/2023 3:34 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JUNE 11 ~ SAT JUNE 17

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/11/2023 12:57 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 11 ~ SAT JUNE 17

SANDRA I am so glad it wasn’t worse for the furbabies (((hugs)))) so difficult, they can't tell you what’s wrong. Do you have vaccinations for that, we can get them with their yearly ones. Poor Buddy had to have an antihistimene one first, then the others, he was allergic to them. I am so glad they will be ok ❤️

CHERYL too sad, it’s hard to let go, but maybe A should let his daughter go, telling her she can return whenever she wants ( not just going back and forth) the kids don’t really understand, even as teenagers, they want the parent who they think will be easier on them ((((hugs))))

BJ how is Frank?is he more comfortable with stitches out😄

HOLLY I don’t mind being on my own knowing it’s a short while, as others have said, it’s so hard to learn to live alone all the time. Do you leave sound on, tv or radio, that helps with the quiet.

INDY I hope they have a good time, and can relax on the flight, I think it’s only 8 hours or so from New York, where will they leave from ? Chicago, then transfer to either New York or somewhere else? I remember we flew into San Fran, then onto Chicago. Not so long a flight for you guys, I hate that 24 hours in the air for us, usually 30 or so hours travel with a stop 🤪

DEVONNE I haven’t used that site, I try to stay clear of the ones offering cheap things. I ordered once from one I thought was US based, all the searching didn’t bring up China. Took a long time to deliver, I thought I’d lost money for sure 😄.

MARYLOU ha, ha, you have had such a hectic time 😄, I have been very lazy today, first decent night sleep since we left home. I hope you had a good day 😄

HE has been out all day, just rang and is having a drink with his friend. I walked over to the massive mall across the road. Bought a new wallet, mine is a Guess one and just too big, also got a cheap cardigan, some body wash, and some camisole tops. Oh and some tea, hopefully will help us sleep, that’s what they say anyway😄
Had a coffee and cake and returned to knit and watch Britbox.
We bought a cooked chicken and ready made salads for last night, and a pre-cooked meal each for tonight, I get bored eating out all the time, there is so much to choose from I shouldn’t, but I just can't be bothered dressing up for a couple hours.Tomorrow we'll eat out.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/11/2023 2:34 am  #3

Trish, you beat me to it! Thanks!  I'll be back later today or Monday.

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

6/11/2023 8:02 am  #4

YES TRISH, THEY HAVE A SHO.T FOR KENNEL COUGH HERE.  I KNOW MY DOG GOT ONE.  I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEIRS DIDN'T.  A MYSTERY AILMENT TO BE SURE.  BUT THEY ARE BOTH DOING BETTER TODAY.

NICE DAY AGAIN HERE.  WILL HIT 79F THEY TELL US AND ITS BRIGHT AND SUNNY.  NICE TO SEE AFTER ALL THAT GRAY FOR 5 DAYS, BUT HAPPILY NOT TOO MUCH RAIN.

MY DAY WILL BE DULL FOR SURE.  EXPECTING MY MEAT THERMOMETER AND SOME VANILLA BODY LOTION TO ARRIVE TODAY AND THIS WEEK.  TWO DELIVERIES I AM TOLD.  THAT'S GOING TO BE THE HIGHLITE OF MY DAY.  GOES TO SHOW SOME FOLKS LEAD VERY DULL LIVES.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/11/2023 8:03 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/11/2023 8:14 am  #5

Trish, sometimes I have music on. My life was so noisy for so long, working in schools, that I like the quiet. 

John can’t remember his Apple ID, Apple won’t help you. So Ralph is setting him up with a new one so he can give John his iPad and get it set up. He’s going to get the little ramp from the door to the porch made today, which will require a trip to Lowe’s. 

6/11/2023 11:37 am  #6

Good Morning, it is a quiet, cool one here.  Just finished breakfast, no plans for a bit.  Tracy and Frank are going to take trash from yesterday to the dump, then we're all going for a ride someplace, not sure where and not sure Frank is going.

Don't think I told you that Kendra showed up, quite a surprise for me, so she'll be going with us.  Love having her here.  My yard is looking so good.  The guys were here yesterday and did a bunch in the front yard, worked 6 hours, then the fellow in charge worked more.  They are coming back next Sat. to do the back yard.  It will really be nice.

I don't really have anything to share so will just sign off and wish you all a wonderful day, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (6/11/2023 11:43 am)

6/11/2023 12:34 pm  #7

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY EVERYONE!

D e v o n n e

6/11/2023 3:28 pm  #8

So I went to the Verizon store this morning. I thought they opened at 9.  The sign said it opened at 10 on Sunday .  The lights were on and the door was not locked so I walked in.  An alarm started beeping and it said “20 seconds to disarm”.  I figured someone was in the back. They lights started flashing and alarms were going crazy?  I turned and left.  Don’t know what that was about?  Maybe someone forgot to lock up last night?  Since there’s no local police here, there was really no one for me to call.  So I went home.  🤷‍♀️. Weird, right?

6/11/2023 4:16 pm  #9

Wow, Janet, how bizarre! 

A piece of major interstate Rt 95 collapsed in Philly! A vehicle fire underneath the raised section of 95 weakened it. I’ve driven that road many times! So scary! 

Ralph is getting a lot done at John’s. He wasn’t ready for how hot it is down there.

6/12/2023 8:11 am  #10

Good morning!!!!  Have a wonderful day!  It's a beautiful sunny day here and just the right temp to keep the windows open for a while.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

6/12/2023 8:54 am  #11

TWICE NOW MY COMPUTER KNOCKED OFF AND REMOVED ME FROM THIS SITE.

I AM STARTING AGAIN....
BJ.....HOW NICE YOU GOT TO SEE KENDRA.  I KNOW SHE CAN'T VISIT TOO OFTEN THESE DAYS.
AND THAT YOUR YARDS ARE GOING TO LOOK SO TRIM AND LOVELY.  GOOD FOR YOU.

JANET.....HOW STRANGE ABOUT VERIZON AND THE ALARMS.  YOU MAY BE GETTING A VISIT FROM THE STATE POLICE OR SHERIFF'S DEPT SOON ABOUT THAT IF THEY EVER LOOK AT THE VIDEO.  THEY MAY HAVE SOME QUESTIONS.  

HOLLY.......WOW, A COLLAPSE ON INTERSTATE 95.  I'M GUESSING IN FUTURE THE STATES WILL BE DOUBLE-CHECKING THE INTEGRITY OF THEIR STRUCTURES AFTER DOUSING OUT FIRES BENEATH THEM.  SCARY.  I'VE DRIVEN OVER THAT RT MANY TIMES IN THE PAST WHEN WE LIVED IN FLORIDA AND CAME BACK NORTH FOR VISITS.

IT WILL BE PARTLY SUNNY AND MAYBE A BIT CLOUDY TODAY.  NO TELLING FOR SURE.  EXPECTING MORE RAIN TONIGHT SO I DO NOT HAVE TO WATER AGAIN, EXCEPT FOR THE NEW CUKE BED.  THAT NEEDS TO STAY MOIST.
MY PLANS ARE THE SAME.  NOTHING MUCH.  A BIT OF CLEANING, A BIT OF COOKING, SOME TV AND PLAYING SOLITAIRE AND SOME JIGSAW PUZZLING.
I HOPE YOU ALL STAY SAFE TODAY AND ENJOY YOUR LATE SPRING.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (6/12/2023 9:02 am)

6/12/2023 9:55 am  #12

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is sunny and beautiful at 8:47 this morning.  It is very still outside but hopefully we'll get some breeze later.  What a beautiful morning!!

Gloria is due this morning to clean the house, it really needs it!  She does a lovely job.  There's so much that needs doing around here, but she's limited in what she can do and I can't seem to do anything!  Oh well, someday I'll be gone and Tracy can clean it the way she wants it!

I think I'll sign off and wish you all well, hope you're all having a lovely day, too.  Take care, everyone!  Love, BJ.

6/12/2023 11:36 am  #13

Wow, the area of 95 that collapsed will take months to fix! PA Gov has asked for, and will get, federal relief. The area is a little north of center city, still a busy part of the city. 

And the news also said Australia had the worst bus accident in 30 years, bus overturned, 10 dead. 

we’re supposed to get rain, starting in about an hour. 

I was wrong about when school ends. Jul has half days all week, school ends Thursday. Manda’s kids get out next week. 

6/12/2023 1:51 pm  #14

Afternoon y'all! 
Alex arrived Friday night, drove hubby's truck so I could haul stuff from the lake! 
Saturday, walked a local park then to the lake, the park is on the way!  Cleaned out leaves, dirt and debris from under some stairs that go to the sunroom and back doors.  Put debris in the truck, it's at the road here.  Dirt and such was hauled to a hole created when the truck that dug the well had a tire stuck.  Got it almost filled.  Good dirt too!  Wish I could have taken it home!  I also found a pole, hammer and nails, brought, chicken wire and caution tape and put up a barrier for the stairs to the dock.  I need to call and get a quote to replace, need the quote for negotiating if I get an offer!  It was hot and sticky, so once that was done I was too pooped to pop, as mom would say! 
Sunday, I walked a local park, to Piggy Park for lunch.  Here, then ran to Sam's and Publix for a few items I could not find at Walmart.  Ran to Starbucks and got Alex a treat and back here.  On the way back it started to pour.  People here cannot drive in rain, hazard lights came on for almost everyone, and they slowed to a crawl.  3 lanes of traffic going ~ 20 MPH, on the interstate!  Alex tried to wait out the rain.  Every time it let up enough we both ran out to the truck with a load.  I sent the last of the winter stuff home with him.  More room in my suitcase!  I plan on packing all my t-shirts but a couple this week.  It will be too hot for them. I am living in the few tank tops I have here.  At least I am keeping the laundry up as a result!  
Hulu stopped working, internet is fine.  Had this issue yesterday too!  Don't know how people stream, when the service is so unreliable!  Watching Disney plus right now, it has consistently worked!  
Today, I walked and have been boxing stuff, pictures mostly, pulled some that were NSDB's kids and family, and started him a box of just pictures, some in frames, I don't care if the frames go. 
I have a sharpie and am labeling stuff as I go.  I am going to empty bins and repack with mom's stuff, will box the stuff in the bins.  I have a huge box hubby sent, he bought himself a lawnmower, so will put the bin stuff in that box.  
I have pulled double bed sheets for mom.  Her bed arrangement is ever evolving.  We have her double bed frame at my house, Alex used it in his apartment.  Hubby will take the mattresses off either Sara or Luke's bed and move it to the Apartment on the 22nd, if they let him.  He and Alex will have the bed set up before we get there, that will be big in the total picture of the move.  The bed will be low enough for her to get in and out of, her current bed is 2 twins squished together, and high even for me.  Mom is shorter than I am.  
Mom took my book I was reading, last night, said it was hers since it had her name on it.  The authors name is her first name! LOL!  I had to convince her it was my book, that I am reading it right now!  Never a dull moment! 
I do have washcloths packed for mom.  When I got here there was only a few and we were washing them daily, as we washed more emerged, I think they had babies! LOL!  Meanwhile I bought some since we were tired of waiting for them to wash and dry to use them.  The ones I bought are going with mom!  Towels, I will pack next week!  So between the stuff at the lake hose and the nook and crannied dirty laundry here I have enough wash cloths to last me a lifetime.  Will figure out later what to do with the ones I don't take for mom.  I have been throwing some away that are thread bear and such, but that has not made a dent in what we found.  I still swear they had babies, wonder if they are part rabbit?  LOL! 
I still have emails and such to do!  
Later my Friends! 

6/12/2023 5:40 pm  #15

Good evening.  It's been chilly here, today.  I tried to read on the front porch but ended up coming inside.
ML stopped by and ate her lunch here, today.  We said our goodbyes and shed a few tiny tears all the while telling each other how we'll be alright, it's the trip of a lifetime,  etc. etc. She had written out all their itinerary on a calendar for me. She also brought me the book, The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher, set in England in the Cotswolds where they'll be.    Airport Joe will pick them up at 4p.m. tomorrow to go to O'Hare for their flight at 9:20.

Wed. we have lunch with friends, Carol and Albert, back here from Florida,  Friday is another small group gathering and meal.  Boy, those two weeks fly by quickly.  I am making potato salad this time.  

Speaking of wash cloths...The English consider this item a personal one and the hotels don't provide them.  
I just remembered, I was supposed to be looking for some that were Mom's.  I forgot, so will still do that.

Gee, Holly, that's more than scary!  We hear a lot about failing infrastructure here that could cause a similar collapse.   I guess that's a risk all around the country as things age.  Glad Ralph is accomplishing what he set out to.  

Going to go and clean up the supper mess as Winona used to say.  Sweet Dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/12/2023 5:41 pm)

6/12/2023 8:24 pm  #16

Whew! I’ve had a busy day.  Count money at church, home to meet exterminator, Walmart shopping, home to bag cookies (explanation in a minute), deliver cookies, home for lunch, go to exercise class, home for rest of day. I’ve only done a few small household chores since then. Also have been crocheting a little.

Monday is the day that our church is in charge of preparing sack lunches for the free summer lunch program. One thing we put in them is a baggie with a few cookies. It is hard for me to actually help prepare the sacks so today I bought and bagged part of the cookies.

Tomorrow I’m going with some other ladies from church to visit Bald Knob Cross (https://www.baldknobcross.com/) and then have lunch at the lodge of a state park (https://giantcitylodge.com/). The lodge was built by the CCC in the 1930’s. One of my uncles worked on it.

Wednesday, a friend (who is a fairly new quilter) and I are going fabric shopping and will undoubtedly have lunch out.

And Friday I will be heading to Mississippi to spend the weekend with David and his family. Unfortunately, Jessica and her family already had plans for a camping trip with her in-laws so I won’t get to see her and the great grands,   We tried to adjust schedules but couldn’t figure out how to get everyone together.

Last edited by Pvillelou (6/12/2023 8:32 pm)

6/12/2023 8:37 pm  #17

I'm watering the front yard right now. The humidity is bad this late (10:30 pm). I got wet and it felt so good.

Marylou, you have a busy schedule. Good for you!

Met Gary and Emily at a mexican restaurant for lunch. I paid the bill, as it was for Father's Day. He deserves a Grandfather's Day dinner! 

I'm headed to bed. Going to pick Carter up at his mom's house in the morning. Greg has to go into the office.

D e v o n n e

6/13/2023 4:30 am  #18

Everyone seems so busy.  My life is very dull.

6/13/2023 6:51 am  #19

Janet, busy isn’t necessarily exciting.  My day yesterday was very busy but still dull.

6/13/2023 9:21 am  #20

I JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN AND SAY GOOD MORNING.  NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING HERE.  ITS RAINING LIGHTLY SO NO TRIP TO THE GARDEN THIS MORNING.  IT WILL BE ENOUGH FOR MY CUKES TO STAY MOIST.

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S 

Board footera