OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/22/2023 11:28 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 18 ~ SAT JUNE 24

Yeah, Holly, and now Bill, too.  I haven't heard from them yet, today. 
Devonne, Covid-testing wasn't mentioned, so I doubt it.  I do know one thing...my friend, Cheryl, told me about her new resolve.  She stays away from ANYONE who's flown in an airplane!  She got a terrible case of Covid from a friend who'd been to Costa Rica and wasn't feeling good when she got home.  And Cheryl  had some long Covid problems too, so it was a big deal for her.  Therefore, we will be distancing ourselves from the kids out in the open air if and when we actually are with them.  There's Bill's 93 yr. old mother, too, that will be at risk.  There'll be no problem because they were uber careful with her and us during the pandemic.  I'm just glad Cheryl mentioned this as  in our joy at them being home, and all, we might have all forgotten to be cautious.  
Just got a text and they've been able to do some walking and enjoying their surroundings.  Have sent pics every day.  The pics are gorgeous.

Howard just put up the first of six new blinds we bought for the sunroom windows.  He's doing one per day since he has to stand on a ladder and reach above him.  He says he can tell he's not as agile and able as he was pre-stroke.  We've decided (until we change our minds LOL) to leave the porch as is and paint those spindles with the paint mitt method. Why I never tried that before I don't know.   In the end, I just can't bear to tear all those out since it's still in good shape with no breaks or anything. 

It's incredible to be texting back and forth with England!  It blows my mind.  One of the lovely perks of this age.  We're so blessed in so many ways.   

Holly, I laughed too, at your comment.  Have experienced similar feelings in that regard and think of the old saying, What goes around comes around.  
Later,
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/22/2023 11:28 am)

6/22/2023 2:07 pm  #42

Afternoon y'all! 
Holly, the other property is just that, land, not on the water, but close, not worth much! 
Has been a long day!  Made a call for lab results for mom, and they told me she had to come in and fill out the Hippa form in person!  I asked was the medical Power of Attorney not sufficient.  I'm not asking them to send it to me, I'm asking them to fax it to the facility! She argued mom didn't have one I told her I brought it in, and they scanned it to her file.  Once she found it all was good.  It did not have to be this hard! I did remain nice, so the honey got the job done, I hope!  I had to call them back later since the Assisted Living facility needed a clarification on one of mom's meds!  I'm going to have cauliflower ear by the time today is done! 
Lake inspection done.  Not fun news, fixable stuff, parts of the new roof is curling back.  Already called the roofer and he's going tomorrow.  There's fleas, I think the guy is full of it.  Fleas love to bite me and they didn't bite while I was there!  I get red raised spots where they bite, they are not there!  I will bug bomb, easier and cheaper!   Termites in stored wood, not the house.  Supposedly we cannot remove the wood from where it is until it's treated.  I'm over this house!  I'm hoping they will hold true to the "as is", and not fix other stuff that he found, I have to wait. 
I will have to come back for the termite stuff.  No TV, no internet!  I will survive!  I can Starbucks visit for the internet, also hotspot the laptop if really needed!  I have tons of work to do here, no TV means I will get work done.  I can Spotify music, so I will be good! I just need background noise and can watch movies on my phone!  
Just got interrupted again by the phone!  The doctors office, why are they calling me with the med directions, I can't write the order for the facility! I know what to do, legally they need a written order! I'm over this, I'm sure they will get it wrong somehow! 
I guess my next calls are to the termite people for quotes!  I need to get this done before the Estate sale!  I haven't booked it yet! 
I'm getting overwhelmed again! 
I need to go make phone calls! 
Later my Friends! 

6/22/2023 5:04 pm  #43

​I am steaming beets today. First time! These are the big ones. 

Trish, I know you will be glad to get home. Congratulations to John on his first job! That was Billy's first job and how he bought my engagement ring. They (G&E, Hannah, DH & kids) are building on the land E inherited when her brother died. It's going to be a long way off because H is spending all of her $$ on trips to FL. They're going to Universal in Sept and Disney in December. G&E have no income right now, so it's a wait and see if he gets SS and she finds another job. 

Theresa, some inspection companies really
nitpick. They normally ask you a price reduction or want you to fix everything. Good luck!

I'm finished with buying stuff for the house. Saving now for another car if I decide to get one. I did get a new pair of sage green drapes on Amazon for my bedroom. I really like them.

I ordered an opal ring for Mother's Day...my treat to me! 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/22/2023 5:06 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/23/2023 7:30 am  #44

WAITING FOR GOVT INSPECTION.  I KNOW THEY ARE IN THE BUILDING.  JUST A MATTER OF WHEN THEY HIT MY DOOR.

NICE AND SUNNY OUT TODAY AND HITTING THE HIGH 70S TODAY.  NICE DAY.  WOULD BE LOVELY TO SIT OUTSIDE FOR A BIT BEFORE IT GETS TOO WARM.  WILL DO THAT WHEN THE INSPECTION IS DONE.  I HOPE THEY COME SOON.

I MADE MY CHILI LAST NITE SO I HAVE ENOUGH FOOD TO EAT FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW BOTH.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (6/23/2023 7:30 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/23/2023 3:08 pm  #45

Afternoon y'all! 
DS that's why they get the big bucks!  LOL!  The purchase is an "as is"!  So we will see have not heard from realtor! 
QB I assume mom will have these visits too! 
Busy here, packing day!  Mom got up at 6 am, so I have been going since then.  Took her for her hair appointment, here, packed boxes/bags.  Nephew picked me up and I got a U-Haul.  Drove one for the first time today.  Nobody told me I needed a step stool to get in and out of it!  LOL!  I have vacuumed the inside of the dresser and chest of drawers, vinegar washed the bedside stand, Loaded all the drawers in the truck so when hubby and crew get here that's done.  Heading out shortly with bedside stand.  Not sure it's helping, can't hurt!  
I had to run out and raise the windows in mom's car, looks like we are about to get a passing shower.  It's already showered once today, while I was getting the U-Haul, it rained in mom's car so I had to dry it out.  Couldn't hurt that car, it smells awful!  That's another story!  While I was rolling up windows the shower started and I also moved my car so it won't be in the way, when hubby gets here! 
My DSis, smoked when she got the car, Dneice and Nephew also smoked.  Sister stopped as did niece, so my sister sprayed different perfumes and different scents of Febreze, to hide the stale smoke smell.  So it smells awful, any chance I get I open the windows to air it out!  It has helped, but the scents are in the fabric!  The car gives me migraines!  Tomorrow will be rough, but I will deal to get home! 
The shower has passed so I will open the back of the truck back up and roll the windows back down.  I need to finish packing my stuff, I can put it in my car tonight.  DD is driving my car tomorrow.  Figured I would put very little to nothing in my car for mom, and stuff in her car for her....  I'm sure my packing plans will go up in smoke once everyone gets here, I can always plan, and try! LOL! 
I am also doing some laundry!  Fun! Not!  Still doing calls, not sure mom's doc office got her med order in, I cringed when I found out how they sent the "order", yesterday.  Cover of a fax sheet hand written, no physician/NP/PA signature, they also changed how she takes it!  I'm ready to pull my hair out with his staff.   
Looks like the rain has passed!  Need to get back to work! 
May not check in tomorrow!  Later my Friends! 

6/23/2023 4:33 pm  #46

Wow, they got 95 in Philly opened today! They’ve been working with a composite and had to get a road dryer in from Pocono Raceway, but 3 lanes each way opened today. 

It’s been raining off and on again today. 

Sigh. My brother in Fl has been on the floor all week. He sits leaning against the couch, and lays down to sleep. We’re all horrified and upset, and he doesn’t understand why. My other brother talked to the coordinator of his care, who said PT would have to call 911 and get him up, which is what we told him to do days ago. He talked PT out of calling, saying he would just go back on the floor. PT thinks they can get him back into rehab in 2 weeks, a better rehab place. And he still doesn’t have the results of his CT from June 8. Don’t go to Fl if you want decent healthcare. And there is a 6 month wait to get a home health aide thru Medicare. 

6/23/2023 8:16 pm  #47

Theresa, Greg bought a vehicle once & never could get that smell out. He hired a company that guaranteed they could & it worked. I'll be thinking about you this weekend.

Holly, I saw that about 95 on the internet. Said something about using a jet engine? Wasn't sure what that meant and it would open in two weeks. Hope your brother can get into rehab.

Nothing new here...finally made it to Walmart to get a watermelon and had a very late breakfast at Waffle House. 

D e v o n n e

6/24/2023 8:36 am  #48

ITS GOING TO RAIN TODAY SO I DO NOT HAVE TO WATER MY GARDEN.
I PICKED RADISHES YESTERDAY SO MADE A NICE SALAD FOR SUPPER.  LOVE FRESH VEGGIES.
THEY ONLY INSPECTED 13 OF THE 24 APTS YESTERDAY AND MINE WAS NOT ONE OF THEM SO I WAITED AND WAITED FOR NOTHING.  BUT MY APT WAS CLEAN AND IN GOOD SHAPE SO THAT'S A GOOD THING.
AT LEAST I GOT TO WORK ON MY JIGSAW PUZZLE WHILE I WAITED SO THAT'S ANOTHER GOOD THING.  

NOTHING PLANNED TODAY BUT SOME COOKING.  I WANT TO ROAST SOME POTATOES SO I CAN HAVE THEM AS SIDE DISHES THIS WEEKEND.
I JUST SAW EITHER A MUSKRAT OR A GROUNDHOG SCOOTING ALONG THE RIVER BANK.  I HAD THINGS TO DO SO DID NOT SEE WHERE HE SCAMPERED OFF TO.

THE ASCOT RACES ARE ON RIGHT NOW IN ENGLAND SO I AM RECORDING THEM TO WATCH LATER.  I LOVE ALL THE FANCY DRESS.  THESE ARE THE RACES THE QUEEN CAME TO EACH YEAR.  I WONDER IF KING CHARLES WILL TAKE HER PLACE. THEY BOTH LOVE HORSES.

THERESA......HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  MAY IT BE A GOOD ONE.

HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/24/2023 9:27 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/24/2023 10:13 am  #49

Happy Birthday! Theresa

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

6/24/2023 11:44 am  #50

Happy birthday, Theresa! 
Greg & Carter spent 4 days in Vegas, flew to Tucson for the rest of their trip to play golf. They're in a condo on the 1st floor and he went to sit on the patio. He was 10 feet away from this bobcat. He said it was "friendly" but looks like it's ready to attack, lol.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/24/2023 11:46 am)

D e v o n n e

6/24/2023 1:47 pm  #51

Happy Birthday Theresa!

6/24/2023 3:03 pm  #52

Happy Birthday Theresa! I forget if your mom is going to your house or right to the assisted living? I hope your trip is smooth!

I have the AC on because the humidity is 80%! We’re due for more rain. I started a new Afghan called Dahlia, it has 15 colors and I got the first page done in a couple of days. 

Board footera