OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/28/2023 3:34 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JUNE 18 ~ SAT JUNE 24

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/18/2023 2:31 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 18 ~ SAT JUNE 24

Happy Father's Day to all of our wonderful men! ❤️

Have a great day, ladies! 🤗

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

6/18/2023 8:21 am  #3

WE GOT LOTS OF RAIN YESTERDAY AND ITS CLOUDY NOW.  MY GARDEN LOVES IT.  THANKFULLY ITS A RAISED BED SO THE RAIN DRAINS NICELY THRU THE SOIL AND IT NEVER STAYS SOGGY.

JANET.......HOW NICE YOU ORDERED A PFAFF FOR YOURSELF.  A DAY OF LEARNING IS COMING UP FOR YOU.

BJ.......ITS ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE YOUR YARD CLEAN AND PRETTY.  ENJOY YOUR FAMILY THIS WEEKEND.

LINDA......IS YOUR YARDWORK DONE?  ITS TOUGH TO WAIT ON PEOPLE TO GET THINGS DONE.
I HAVE NOT HAD WATERMELON YET THIS SUMMER.  NOW I WILL HAVE TO PUT IT ON THE LIST FOR NEXT SHOPPING DAY.  MMMMM GOOD.  LOVE IT.

DEVONNE........SORRY TO HEAR DEAR SANDY IS HAVING ISSUES.  I AM SURE THE VET WILL DO WHAT'S BEST FOR HER.  SHE HAS BROUGHT YOU SUCH JOY ALL THESE YEARS.  WE LOVE OUR FURBALLS.

MY SON SHOPPED AND COULD NOT GET ONLY ONE THING, MY FAVORITE FROZEN FRIES.  I PREFER ONEIDA'S GOLDEN SHOESTRING FRIES BEST.  THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE TURNED HALFWAY THRU THE COOKING PROCESS.  I ALWAYS DISLIKE HAVING TO FLIP THEM.  OH WELL, HE GOT THE TATER TOTS I WANTED.  I SEE ANOTHER TATER TOT CASSEROLE IN MY NEAR FUTURE.
MY SON SHOPPED NEARBY AND BOUGHT 2 NEW SHIRTS WITH HIS BIRTHDAY MONEY AND HAS CASH LEFTOVER AND HE WENT HOME WITH ITALIAN SANDWICHES, CHICKEN RICE SOUP AND BUNDIES.  HE ENJOYED HIS VISIT.  NOW I WON'T SEE HIM TIL JULY 9TH.  HE AND DAPH FLY TO FLORIDA THE FIRST WEEK OF JULY.  THEY DO LOVE FLORIDA.

HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS AND WISHES FOR A GREAT FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE DADS AND THOSE THAT DO DADDY THINGS FOR FAMILY.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/18/2023 8:36 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/18/2023 9:04 am  #4

Happy Hallmark Holiday, male edition! I texted my brother Mike, “brother” Charley, and sons in law. 

Janet, is Pfaff your preferred machine? 

I put the pic of Amary as the Queen up on my blog. 

our plans for today are our usual Sunday lunch, Longhorn this week. 

Sandra, Florida in July- your son must love heat and humidity! And daily thunderstorms! How long til he can retire? 

6/18/2023 1:39 pm  #5

Happy Father's Day to the Dads.

Holly, Amary looks wonderful! The hat & dress are perfect. 

Sandra, they do love the heat, don't they? It's good you can do grocery delivery while they are gone if needed. 

D e v o n n e

6/19/2023 4:33 am  #6

Theresa- dark gray with black interior.
Holly- yes. I’m a Pfaff girl. Lol

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/19/2023 5:08 pm)

6/19/2023 9:20 am  #7

Good morning, all.

Holly, I looked at your blog.  Amary is darling!  Very fitting.  I loved the life-size crochet animals.  I had to go check out some more.  Your crochet is definitely more useful than those things.  

Theresa, good luck with all of the packing and moving this week. 

BJ, good to see you every day.  

Janet, a new machine for you and a new car for him.  Sounds like a good deal to me.  

Sandra, I hope Matt and Daphne enjoy their vacation.  

Very hot here.  Excessive heat warnings in effect for days.  And, of course, we woke up to a non-functioning AC unit yesterday.  Uggh.  Three-day weekend, so we had to pay the excessive service call.  However, he had the right part, and he fixed it.  Last night was much more comfortable than the night before.  

I have a VIP tour for some friends this afternoon.  Tomorrow is colonoscopy prep (double yuck) and the test on Wednesday.  It's going to be a tough week.  

Back later. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

6/19/2023 9:58 am  #8

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope everyone is doing well.  Am feeling pretty well this morning, nothing great!  Jamie was here this weekend and mowed the lawn; it looks great, got a mole hill already this morning right in the front lawn.  

It is so still out this morning, not a leaf is stirring!  Well, I spoke too soon, a breeze is blowing right now and the sun just poked its head out.  Well, that was it!  It's gone now!  Strange weather!  I have no plans for the day, Frank is staying in bed, his hip is so bad, it is very painful to move at all.  Don't think he can have the surgery until August.  Will be a long summer!

Well, I don't have much to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

6/19/2023 11:30 am  #9

Thanks Carol! Ralph has his colonoscopy next week, then I have to schedule mine.

I surrendered and just now turned on the AC, it’s 80 in here and would get warmer. And I can feel the humidity creeping up. 

6/19/2023 12:11 pm  #10

HOLLY.....SHE MAKES AN ADORABLE LITTLE QUEEN ELIZABETH.

IT STARTED OUT CLOUDY, THEN GOT SUNNY.  FUNNY DAY BUT NICE OUT.  WE GOT 2 INCHES OF RAIN THE LAST 3 DAYS SO I DID NOT WATER TODAY.  CHECKED THE GARDEN.  LOOKIN' REALLY GOOD.  I HAD TO TIE UP 4 TOMATO PLANTS A LITTLE HIGHER AND THEY ARE ALL STARTING TO SHOW SOME BLOOMING PIPS.  ALL IS LUSH AND LOVELY IN MY GARDEN.

HAD TO HELP OUT MY NEIGHBOR YESTERDAY.  SHE LOCKED HERSELF OUT AGAIN.  THAT'S TWICE IN ONE WEEK.  I TOLD HER TO GIVE ME HER EXTRA KEY TO KEEP BUT SHE FORGOT.  THIS TIME SHE GAVE ME HER SPARE CAR KEY BUT NOT THE HOUSE KEY SINCE SHE'S MISLAID THAT ONE.  ANYWAY, SHE HAS HER APT OPEN NOW AND I HOPE THAT STAYS THAT WAY TIL I GET HER SPARE HOUSE KEY.  LUCKILY I HAD FOOD TO SHARE IN MY FRIDGE.  AND TOGETHER WE WATCHED SOME TV FAVORITES WHILE SHE WAITED FOR THE GUY TO GET HER DOOR OPEN.

I MADE THE PEPPERONI HAMBURG PIZZA YESTERDAY AND SHARED THAT WITH OTHERS.  I HAVE A COUPLE EXTRA PIECES LEFT FOR ME TO SNACK.  I DEFROSTED MORE GROUND BEEF THINKING BURRITOS ARE IN MY NEAR FUTURE SINCE I HAD MY SON GET ME SOME FLOUR TORTILLAS.

THAT'S ALL MY NEWS LADIES.  DULLSVILLE REPORTING.  OFF TO PLAY SOME SOLITAIRE WHILE MY PHONE CHARGES.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/19/2023 12:17 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/19/2023 3:18 pm  #11

Well, Pa and Ma just came in from a front porch sit.  We desperately need to paint the porch.  79 spindles, 8 uprights and the crosspieces. But, we can't do it anymore, so we're going to remove the spindle sections and have an open porch with just the uprights and a few spindles at the two ends...if that looks okay.  Howard doesn't think it will, but I want to try it and then decide.  The porch has a concrete floor but is only 6 feet wide and we think the open look will work okay.  It's considered at ground level so no danger in falling off
This was my idea as I could see that Howard isn't up to and was dreading  that much painting and I knew I couldn't do it.  (I had about five more paragraphs on this subject and they disappeared...you lucky girls! 

The kids were in Bath, England, today.  They loved it.  I'm sorry to say and I feared this, ML is not feeling well. I knew this was a huge undertaking for her who isn't very strong.  She's worn out and exhausted.  Tomorrow is the train ride to the Cotswolds and a few days in a rental of their own.  Hopefully, the slower pace will help her.  As always, Bill and Andrew are compassionate and good to her.   Please pray for her.  Thanks.  

BJ, so sorry about Frank's pain.  I didn't realize he was having surgery.  It IS good to hear from you everyday.  None of us has that much that's new to say, either.  So don't worry about that.  It's just the touching base that matters...

Holly, so cute.  I was thinking of the Queen when she was young with a crown, etc.  This was way cuter and rather unexpected.   

Janet, congrats on getting the new Pfaff.  My machine of choice, too.  Can't beat their built-in walking foot.  I know it has a fancier name than that.  

QB, what would your fellow tenants do without you?  You are a caretaker for sure.  Hope Daphne and Matt have a good time.  I'm sure they'll know how to beat the heat down there.    

Theresa, I'm wondering.  Have you kept a scorecard or all of it in your head?  So many various and varied tasks and so much stuff.  You will be living a new life when you finally get home.  It'll be nice to have your Mom so close by but strange, maybe, to put all that life behind you. 

Howard is hungry and ready to grill some burgers.  He's sitting here patiently, so off I go.
Have a good evening and sweet dream.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/19/2023 3:50 pm)

6/19/2023 4:05 pm  #12

Judy, would Howard go for paying someone to do the painting? Lots of things that 20 years ago we’d have done, we now pay someone. I’m lucky in that I call brother Mike, who knows a guy for every occasion. 

6/19/2023 5:32 pm  #13

so sorry, we haven’t stopped last few days, THANK YOU DIANE for bumping and locking.

We have been out every day all day, and for dinner as well, so tired 😴😴
The guys played all day yesterday, long, long day, we left at 7am, got back to the local club for dinner, home at 9pm.
the MOTH has gone to watch friends today, I opted to stay behind
LOL, not a hardship, looking forward to a rest.

SANDRA they love that heat🤐, I sure wouldn’t like it, it’s quite warm here in the day, cools off rapidly, and mostly very sunny days, think you’d like it. Enjoy that soup, and whatever you decide on for the beef. I’m happy you could help your friend, you really are a wonderful friend to all.

INDY we both love Bath, so quaint, I do hope she feels better after resting for a bit, prayers for her. Sounds like a good idea for the porch, I’m all for “less is more” 😄

HOLLY that was a great idea for the costume, very well done. Lovely pic.

BJ hope Frank feels better soon, getting older with our aches and pains is no picnic, You sound so much better.

JANET that sounds great, Dianne loved her BMW, I’m not looking for a new machine just yet, but I’m a Pfaff girl as well. Mine is 8 yrs old now🥴, so a new one may not be too far off, you’ll have to let me know how yours is.

DEVONNE I feel for you with Sandie, sounds like she is struggling, I know you won’t let her suffer, (((((hugs)))) it’s hard to care for them and see them age. You have wonderful memories with Billy 🥰

I need to have a shower, turn on the dishwasher and maybe do a small wash, then I might see a movie today, he won’t be home till late, possibly they will all want to meet at the club —- again.
at least we had a nice Italian dinner on Sunday night.
last night we had a table of 10, will be the same tonight I guess.

They are all very nice. Only 2 guys didn’t come with wives. And the ladies who came are very friendly. 
Wednesday is going to be another long day, at a location that is awful.  All the wives have said they won’t go 😃😃
Looking forward to going home, we leave here Friday, it’s Tuesday today - had to think about that LOL

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/19/2023 5:34 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/19/2023 5:46 pm  #14

I enjoy reading about everyone’s daily doings but don’t tell you about my life every day because I’m afraid you would find it boring. Maybe I should change my thinking.

I had a great weekend. Drove 5 hours to David’s on Friday. Because of some construction in Memphis I had to use a different route through the city. It was actually a bit easier than the way I usually go but I was quite tense since it was an unfamiliar route. Next time will be easier, I hope. We celebrated Clarissa’s high school graduation with a small family dinner Friday evening followed by watching home movies of her childhood - so much fun!  Saturday morning, Melanie fixed a great breakfast. There were only five of us but she made waffles, biscuits, gravy, sausage, and scrambled eggs - a veritable breakfast buffet!   David and Melanie were talking about wanting a Blackstone but didn’t think it made sense to buy one when they have a good gas grill.  I offered to buy him one ans a Father’s Day gift because he is the father of my grandchildren, and suggested giving their grill to granddaughter Jessica and her husband because they don’t have one. So we went shopping after eating at Panera. By the way, Panera’s strawberry poppyseed salad is terrific.   Saturday evening we had a game night with grandson Zach and his sweet wife. I had planned to come home Sunday afternoon but ended up leaving by mid morning to avoid predicted heavy thunderstorms on my drive.

Today has been a little busy. Counted money at church, helped with free summer lunch program (I don’t usually do that but several of the regular workers are counselors at church camp this week), and went to exercise class. My back is feeling pretty good today so I did a little yard work. Nothing very strenuous, just some things that need done regularly - filled bird feeders, pulled a few weeds, and watered some plants. We really need some rain so I may go back out and do some more watering after I get something to eat.

Lynn is coming!  She will be here from Wednesday evening until Sunday morning. We are texting back and forth about what we want to do while she is here. Maybe a little shopping, a little cooking, and whatever else we decide.

Last edited by Pvillelou (6/19/2023 5:47 pm)

6/19/2023 6:19 pm  #15

We got a lot of rain last night, along with bad lightning and thunder.

BJ, sorry to hear Frank needs surgery. Love that you feel like posting every day. 

Sandra, that's wonderful you could help your neighbor. I hope she gives you a spare key. 

Trish, at least you are getting some good meals. Do you take your sewing machine with you?

Has anyone heard about the "new treatment, no knee replacement surgery necessary?" He wouldn't tell me anything in my text to him if this was shots or what? They want you in the office for a consultation.

eta: Marylou, we were posting at the same time. Please don't hesitate to post because you think your posts would be boring. Sounds like you really had a wonderful time with your family. Do you have a regular lawn maintenance guy? I have pine straw I need to put out this week in two landscaped beds in the backyard. You and Lynne will have a great time doing whatever you choose! I have watched several videos about Graceland in Memphis. The road in front of the house has a lot of heavy traffic. From one of the old videos, it looks like traffic was heavy back in the 70's as well. I've never been there. Have you?

Last edited by DownSouth (6/19/2023 6:28 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/19/2023 7:07 pm  #16

Devonne, yes, I have a lawn guy. But he and his crew only mow and weed eat. I also have a landscaper who will do fairly big jobs but not little ones like replacing a few plants.  In fact, he sent me a text today to say he will be here tomorrow to give me an estimate on some ditch/driveway work. It’s hard to find someone for little jobs so I depend on family members for what I can’t do. David is very capable but can’t be here very often. I have a brother who is willing but isn’t in great health so I hate to ask him very often. I also have a couple of nephews who will help when they have time. But they have jobs, homes and families so their time for helping me is limited. Bill had been working on simplifying our yard so it is easier to take care of and I have eliminated a few other things since he is no longer here.  No, I’ve never been to Graceland. Never was a big Elvis fan even as a teen. Pat Boone was my idol.

Last edited by Pvillelou (6/19/2023 7:08 pm)

6/19/2023 7:12 pm  #17

GOOD EVENING AL!

RAIN THIS AFTERNOON. NO WATERING FOR A BIT. WELL, WILL HAVE TO WATER THE 3 POATS OUT FRONT THAT DON'T GET MOST RAIN. HAS TO BLOW HARD IN THAT DIRECTION. TODAY'S RAIN HAS BEEN THE TYPE MY LATE DAD LIKE, THE SLOW, SOAKY KIND.

DS TOOK ME TO DOLLAR GENERAL FOR A FEW THINGS. DIDN'T HAVE SPAY BOTTLES LIKE I WANTED. MAYBE DOLLAR TREE WILL HAVE THEM WHENEVER I GET THERE. DIDN'T FIND ANY RED FAUX SILK FLOWERS THAT I LIKED TO REFRESH MY PATRIOTIC WREATH.

IT IS DULL AROUND HERE, BUT AT LEAST NOTHING SERIOUS GOING ON.

SORRY ABOUT FRANK BEING IN PAIN AND WAITING ON SURGERY.

HOLLY, YOUR GRANDDAUGHER WAS SO CUT IN HER COSTUM. IN UK THERE WAS A 3 OR 4 YEAR OLD THAT DRESSED AS THE QUEEN AND VISITED NURSING HOMES. SHE WAS A BIG HIT. SHE EVEN HAD A GRAY, CURLY WIG. SO CUTE. DID SHE HAVE TO DO A REPORT OR TALK ON QUEEN ELIZABETH II?

SANDRA, YOU ARE SO GOOD FOR YOUR NIGHBORS. HOPE YOU CAN GET THE EXTRA KEY.  EVERYTHING YOU FIX SOUNDS GOOD. A I WANT ANOTHER WATERMELON MYSELF. HOPE IN A DAY OR SO. I DIDN'T HAVE A LONG KNIFE AND A FEW WEEKS AGO, SAW A WATERMELON KNIFE NEAR THE WATERMELONS. WORKED WELL. USUALLY I NEED TO GET SOMEONE TO AT LEAST QUARTER  IT. DID IT ALL MYSELF. MADE A MESS BUT THAT WAS OKAY. DID SHARE SOME WITH NEIGHBOR. MAYBE THE NEXT ONE, I WON'T EAT IT SO FAST.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS............................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/19/2023 7:56 pm  #18

Evening y'all! 
Carol, shocker here, found more boxes of Christmas cards! 
Yesterday I had Mrs. Hyde, mom. She wasn't moving yadda, yadda, yadda!  Made my day tough.  Finally got her to open up.  She's scared of the big change.  I told her I would be worried if she wasn't.  Got my mom back after that conversation!  
Today was more packing.  Yes, I have multiple lists, on my phone and shared with those that need it! 
We had a storm roll through this morning, I checked the radar before my walk, and saw the line of storms, made one round and it started to sprinkle.  Made it here before the bottom fell out!  Finished my walk after lunch!  
It has felt like Sunday today, I guess because of the federal Holiday!  
I am out of boxes, DNeice has a line on more boxes, should get them tomorrow or Wednesday.  Depends on a delivery truck to the business we're getting them from!  
I have tried to do a change of address for mom and will have to go to the PO, with her expired DL, to prove she lives here!  Really!  We have owned and lived here for decades!  Plus they now charge to do a change of address!  It's only $1.10, but they charge! Like one doesn't have enough going on when they move that they have to go to the PO to prove they exist!
Nothing else exciting in my current little corner of the world! 
Later my Friends! 

6/20/2023 5:08 am  #19

I heard the price of stamps is going up again after Juky1?

6/20/2023 6:45 am  #20

Janet, I guess we better go buy a lot of forever stamps.

Board footera