OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/01/2023 8:48 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 25 ~ SAT JULY 1

Carol, beautiful quilts! 

Devonne, beautiful rose! 

Trish, John would never agree to assisted living, and he’s legally competent. And the costs are close to 10k a month! 

Hot, humid and poor air quality, what else is new? Looks like we might get some rain. 

For anyone who has had Crumbl cookies, which are way overpriced, if you google Crumbl cookies recipes, there are tons of recipes. 

7/01/2023 9:52 am  #62

Trish, they got home Wed. night, June 28.  They're exhausted and still recovering but they are over the moon.
She called the trip spectacular (in spite of them getting sick).  Said they couldn't have done it without Andrew, who kept them on track for all the various trains, etc.  We went over there on Thurs. for a couple of hours of anecdotes and catching up.  We distanced ourselves just to be as safe as possible.   Today is their 28th anniversary. 

I started a post here last night.  One sentence, got sidetracked, forgot, and found it this morning!
I had told Carol how beautiful her quilts were.  They are.  Loved the roses one.
Mary Lou, so sorry about Lynn's dx.  How loving and thoughtful of David to come and be with you both for support.  Sounds like your SIL is trying to do what's right.  I'm sure it will all work out for them.   
Thanks for the comments about our David's visit.  He does want to get on with his life and he was locked into a long-dead marriage and just couldn't abide living like that for the rest of his life.  Turning 50 was significant in his decision, I believe, since he mentioned that several times.  The kids all blame him and are on her side.  Neither of them was ever unfaithful or physically abusive but they were at odds in most ways and he made some dreadful financial choices,  often to get even with her,  by his own admission.  He told us he'd been sleeping better than for years, without the stress.  He was amazed with that. 

Theresa, I second what's been said regarding your Mom.  You've done an amazing, fantastic job which, at her age and state, may be lost on her, but YOU know as does all your family.  The next-in-line has it the hardest when it comes to these decisions.  Hang in there.  We're all behind you, too.  

Devonne, enjoy your new grill,  I've never heard of a pellet grill, but Howard has.  If that rose is the bushes only hurrah...it's a beauty.  Thanks for the picture.  Prayers for dear little Sandie.  

Well, I have a "lovely" job to do today.  Was in the process of mixing up a cake to take to our small group on Thurs. night when my stove/oven quit.   My resident electrician pulled the stove out and did something electrical and got it working again but that revealed the absolute necessity of cleaning the sides of the stove before he pushes it back in.  I know...who ever admits that, but it is what it is!   Also, he retrieved all the various things that had fallen behind the stove, so I have two more wooden spoons and several lids and will have the satisfaction of knowing that's all clean again.    Better get to it!
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/01/2023 10:47 am)

7/01/2023 10:25 am  #63

I absolutley (seem to be spelling it wrong, but can't make it right)  loved the quilts, the first one was spectacular!!!  Well, good morning to everyone.  Just got out of the shower.  Rhonda is on her way to help me, but I beat her to it.  Know she'll be unhappy with me, but I thought I could save her the trip.  Oh, well, she'll be here any minute.  I'll catch HE!! from her for doing it without her, but that's life!!

Don't have any great plans for the day, am feeling a bit better every day!  Still not where I should be yet, but getting there.  Just noticed a summary from my Dr. on the last visit, see I weigh 168, wow!!, at least 20 # too much, but it is what it is.

Well, Rhonda just pulled in, so I better quit, will check in tomorrow, in the meantime, hope everyone has a lovely day, BJ.

7/01/2023 11:08 am  #64

BJ......I AM GOING TO SLAP YOU WITH A WET NOODLE.  YOU SHOULD NOT BE TAKING YOUR SHOWERS UNSUPERVISED.   I COULD TELL YOU TALES WITHIN MY OWN FAMILY THAT WERE DISASTEROUS FROM FALLS.  REMEMBER, EVERY FALL IS UNEXPECTED.
FOR MYSELF IF I FEEL JUST THE LEAST BIT WOBBLY I TAKE A SPONGE BATH OR BIRD BATH DEPENDING ON HOW YOU WANT TO NAME IT.  SAVES MY FAMILY FROM HAVING TO VISIT ME IN THE HOSPITAL. 
JUDY.......SPEAKING OF BEHIND THE STOVE, I KNOW FOR SURE MY FAVORITE PAN COVER WHICH COVERS ANY SIZE FRY PAN OR POT, SLIPPED BEHIND THE BOTTOM STOVE DRAWER AND IS LOST TO SIGHT.   I CAN'T REACH IT.   I WISH I COULD GET IT BACK.  THERE ARE PROBABLY OTHER SURPRISES BEHIND THERE AS WELL.

HOLLY......I NEVER HEARD OF CRUMBL COOKIES.  I WILL HAVE TO LOOK THEM UP.

BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAY MY SOC SEC CHECK IS ALREADY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT.  ITS USUALLY POSTED ON THE 3RD OF EACH MONTH.  MY SON, THOUGH, DOES NOT SHOP NOR CASH MY MONTHLY BUDGET CHECK TIL HE'S BACK FROM FLORIDA WHICH WILL BE NEXT WEEKEND.  HE FLIES SOUTH TOMORROW MORNING EARLY.
EVERYTHING IN FLORIDA IS A/C ANYWAY UNLESS YOU TAKE TO THE WAVES AND THEY LOVE BEING THERE.  
I CHECKED ON MY GARDEN THIS MORNING.  DARN IT, THE CUCUMBER BEETLES HAVE DEVASTATED MY 3 YOUNG CUKE PLANTS.  I DOUBT I WILL GET ANY CUKES FROM THOSE THIS YEAR.  BUT I AM HAPPY WITH MY TOMATOES.  THEY ARE LUSH AND FULL OF BLOSSOMS NOW.  MY CARROT ROW IS BOUNTIFUL AS WLL.  MY TOMS ARE EVEN BIGGER THAN MY NEIGHBOR TONY'S IN THE NEXT BED.  I TOLD YOU THEY CATCH UP PRETTY QUICK WHEN THE WARMTH ARRIVES.

THE DAY IS PARTIAL SUN AND PARTIAL CLOUDS.  NO RAIN EXPECTED TIL TOMORROW AND MONDAY.  WE JUST CAN'T GET AWAY FROM IT, BUT THANKFULLY ITS NOT TOO MUCH AT A TIME.  FROM 1/8TH INCH TO 7/8 INCH USUALLY.

THAT'S MY DAY LADIES.  OH, SOME COOKING TODAY AND SOME VACUUMING NEEDED AND I ALREADY SORTED MY PILLS FOR THE WEEK.  I SEE THAT 'DEATH IN PARADISE' WITH THE IRISHMAN FEATURED IS RUNNING SEVERAL SHOWS TODAY.  I WILL ENJOY THEM.  I SEE THAT MOST ARE ONES THEY NEVER SHOWED HERE BEFORE ON PBS.  THE CHANNEL IS OVATION.  LOVE THAT CHANNEL THE BEST.  HAS ALL THE BRITISH MURDER SHOWS AND AUSTRALIAN ONES.  THEY KEEP ME HAPPY.
HUGS TO ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/01/2023 11:24 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/01/2023 2:12 pm  #65

Just heard a very loud boom. Guess it was a transformer nearby that blew. It's 93 here and the weather channel says it feels like 104. I do not like the heat. The dogs are still barking.

Trish, thank you so much for starting the threads. Hope you get rested up from your trip. I'm sorry about Warwick's sister. How old is she now?

I feel so tired today; need more sleep. Yesterday we had the worst thunder I have ever heard. It sounded like a really loud shotgun right in my ear. I jumped up from the sofa and the dogs ran thru the house. It made my right ear start popping & they still are popping today.

Greg and I booked the cruise for February 2024 on Royal Caribbean Icon of the Seas. He made the deposit and I made a big payment today. 

BJ, Sandra is right about you waiting on Rhonda or Tracy. It's so easy to fall and we think it's never going to happen to us. Be smart....be safe.

Judy, happy anniversary to ML and Bill.

Holly, that's so sad about John. I couldn't afford a nursing home unless I got on Medicaid. Who can afford $10k a month.

Pellet grills have been around since 1985. You need an electrical outlet. There's a hopper on the side that holds the wood pellets. An auger slowly moves the pellets thru to the burner. There is a temp controller. Every time Gary gets his propane tanks filled it's $48. Wood pellets come in a bag and a big bag will last me a long time. I think this hopper holds 15 lbs. of pellets.

I'm cooking on the grill for dinner. Having sonaran bacon wrapped hotdogs. May do some grilled onions too. I will learn by experience whether to adjust the temp or not.

Talked to Shelby today. She did say she went to the doctor for a regular checkup. The nursing home provides the transportation. She couldn't remember if Melena has been to see her this week. She definitely is more content there now. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/01/2023 2:20 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/01/2023 4:07 pm  #66

Devonne, to get Medicaid you have to have assets less than 2 thousand dollars. 

Board footera