OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/29/2023 10:21 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 25 ~ SAT JULY 1

Sitting here resting. I haven't watched the news in months, but I saw on You Tube about the father in Ohio who murdered his three sons execution style in the front yard. He shot his wife in the hand when she tried to protect them. He has a $20 million bond so he's not going anywhere. They were all so cute. His stepdaughter ran to the fire station close by and that may be what saved her life. Crazy people in our world. 

Holly, those cookies sound so good! I found a Keto recipe on You Tube (using almond flour) that was surprisingly good. I need to look for it again. I know it was from Keto Focus. I'm trying to lower my A1C before my bloodwork next month. This recipe was posted on the back of Choc Zero chocolate chips with her site listed. Pretty good endorsement!

I'm headed out to carry the rest of the pine straw off the patio, move some pots around and blow off the pine straw. Then to the store to get something to cook on the grill. It's already here. Going to be nice to be able to grill veggies, chicken breast & I love grilled onions. I see some kabobs in my near future.

D e v o n n e

6/29/2023 12:29 pm  #42

Devonne, it’s the Toll House cookie recipe from the chocolate chip bag. I took Franny a dozen. We had a nice lunch and conversation, we hadn’t seen each other for a while.

6/29/2023 3:00 pm  #43

Devonne, this is for you.  It's the bottom half of the quilt for Bonnie.  Not all of the blocks are sewn together yet.  I think it's the top 4 rows that are done.  Once I get the blocks together, then I need to sew the rows together.  Lisa has the top 11 rows to sew together, and she is hand-dyeing the backing fabric.  It's been so hot that she is reluctant to go outside to do it.  Since it's a 108" x 108" piece of fabric, she needs to do it in a kiddie pool.  

So, this is where we stand.

Last edited by Needlecrazy (6/29/2023 3:27 pm)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

6/29/2023 3:18 pm  #44

Afternoon y'all! 
My world has been crazy.  Mom hates the facility.  I keep telling her she has to speak up for herself, that the staff cannot read minds!  The lawyers for the closing have sent several emails that I need to do this that and another thing, all in legalese talk to me in English.  We told the realtor we will not respond to them until the contract has been finalized!  Afraid to do something wrong at this point! I don't have enough stress in my life and they are adding to it! 
Mom still hates where she is!  They put her with 2 people, at mealtime, that eat whatever is on their plate with their hands, mom loses her appetite watching them eat.  I spoke up for her today.  She was in tears at lunch!  I almost took her to my house to stay, breaks my heart.  I don't know what to do!  Tonight we are going with her to Bingo.  She will love that!  
Me, I am still unpacking.  I have bags of stuff I have sent home that hubby left in the bags!  He was afraid to put them away wrong.  LOL!  I got 3 bags put away and some items from my suitcase, along with starting laundry, hate the new machine, I also got my walk in!  
Did I complain to you about handicap parking?  It's useless.  None are close to the door, I have to stop near the door let her out, go park, then run back to her through a parking lot! What are these idiots thinking? I'm doing away with her license tag, unless I can get one for my car, not holding my breath.  I usually park in regular parking anyways!  For all this I cannot go anywhere with her if it's raining, I can't stand with her while I hold an umbrella and park at the same time.  She can't hold one and walk with her walker!  
We also got mom's laundry done today.  I grabbed it before they could do it.  Some of her shirts should not go through a dryer and I know that's what they would do!  I did get mom hooked up with a phone, I asked before we moved in and nothing happened so while she was "eating" lunch I ran and found someone to get it done for mom! 
In short, I'm stressed and ready to run away! 
Later my Friends!   

6/29/2023 3:40 pm  #45

Carol, is that the quilt that was on the cover of American Patchwork and Quilting a bit ago?

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/30/2023 10:10 pm)

6/29/2023 3:43 pm  #46

​Theresa, it’s good that you are an advocate, and close by, it’ll put them on notice. Absolutely her table needs to be changed, it would make anyone =26pxill! It’ll take a bit for her to get settled, and for what assisted livings cost, they need to please her. Hugs to you for the stress! If you were closer, I’d drop off some cookies! 

6/29/2023 3:44 pm  #47

Yes, Holly, it was.  Bonnie had told everyone how much she loved it, and when her daughter died, Lisa immediately started figuring out how to do this for her.   We ended up with extra blocks, so she is going to make pillows out of what we had left over.  This quilt truly glows in person.  It is, however, a real pain to put together.  First, trying to make sure all of the blocks are properly oriented had me tearing out my hair.  Secondly, every single seam has points that have to match.  Thankfully, everyone who made the blocks made them carefully and pressed the seams open, so they do go together pretty well.  A few don't want to play nicely, but no one should expect perfection.  So, it's been a labor of love.  

Theresa, keep advocating for your mom.  The adjustment period will be tough on all of you.  Can you get the kids to go over there some days?  They will surely brighten up her outlook, and you need a break.  

Last edited by Needlecrazy (6/29/2023 3:45 pm)

6/29/2023 4:47 pm  #48

Devonne- I didn’t drive, DH took me and we got Mexican for dinner on the way back.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/30/2023 10:09 pm)

6/30/2023 9:10 am  #49

BJ.......YOU MUST BE IMPROVING.  YOUR POSTS ARE MORE LIKE YOU EVERY DAY.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

CAROL......GREAT QUILT.  SHE IS SURE TO LOVE IT. 

DEVONNE......LIKE YOU I DO NOT WATCH THE NEWS.  I GET MINE MOSTLY FROM COMMENTS ON HERE AND WHEN THEY MAKE NOTE OF SOMETHING SPECIAL THRU THE WEATHER CHANNEL.  I AM NOT ABLE TO IMPROVE ANY DISASTERS AND HORRID HAPPENINGS SO WOULD RATHER NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM UNLESS THEY PERTAIN TO ME AND MINE SPECIALLY.  IT KEEPS BE FROM GETTING STRESSED OUT OVER SOMETHING I CANNOT FIX.

THERESA......I AM SORRY YOUR MOM IS HAVING A HARD TIME ADJUSTING.  IT WILL TAKE TIME AND EFFORT AND FROM WHAT YOU SAY, EFFORT BY THOSE THAT ARE IN CHARGE OF HER NEW PLACE.  KEEP COMPLAINING WHEN THINGS ARE WRONG.  THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE.  SHE IS LUCKY YOU ARE THERE TO OVERSEE HER LIFE.  I HOPE SHE SETTLES IN SOON.

NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING WITH ME.  I HAD TO RESTART MY PUTER WHEN IT WAS GIVING ME PROBS THIS MORNING BUT ITS ALWAYS GREAT AFTER A RESTART, LIKE NOW.
THE RAIN STOPPED AND THEY TELL US MAYBE SOME GOOD WEATHER IS COMING.  I CAN COPE WITH SOME SUNNY WEATHER.  MY GARDEN IS DOING WELL AFTER ALL THE RAINS.
I PLAN TO MAKE A POT OF MASHED POTATOES SO I HAVE SIDES FOR SEVERAL MEALS.  I ALSO HAVE CHICKEN BREASTS DEFROSTED THAT NEED BAKING,  AND LEFTOVER BURRITO MIX FOR LUNCH TODAY.  I HAD PLANNED TO ORDER SOME GROCERIES 'TO GO' FROM MY LOCAL BUT HAVE DECIDED AGAINST IT.  I CAN LAST TIL MY SON GETS BACK FROM HIS FLORIDA VACATION VERY WELL AND ITS BEST I DO NOT ORDER ANY MORE GOODIES.  I WOULD JUST FILL MY FACE.

CAN YOU BELIEVE ITS THE LAST DAY OF JUNE?  TIME FLIES WHEN YOU GET OLDER.
HUGS TO ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/30/2023 9:19 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/30/2023 9:52 am  #50

Good Morning, everyone.  It is good that I have this place to go to every morning.  Love It!!!!  It is quite breezy out this morning and 64*, sunny!!

I don't have an ounce of energy.  Took Frank his coffee and he is the same way!  What a pair we are!!  Oh well, don't have anything to do this morning, fortunately!  Rhonda is coming by later, she will stop on the way and visit with the new baby, so cute.  The housekeeper will be here any time, she will be busy today,  lots to do, got a pineapple to cut up and bed to be made, plants to water, many other things.

Thanks, Quiltbea, I do try to write a bit more every day, its not easy but I do try.   Well, I can't think of anything else to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day and upcoming weekend, hope you all stay well, BJ.

6/30/2023 10:33 am  #51

We went to a place called Blair County Biscuits for breakfast, then to a produce store next to it. Came home and put the produce and leftovers in the fridge- it’s already hot and humid- then to Hobby Lobby for their yarn sale, and stopped at Panera Bread for a strawberry salad for dinner. Now home, because it’s hot, humid, and the air quality is bad. 

I get a daily news update from Reuters, so I have an idea of what is going on. And I follow ABC news on Facebook. And I follow our local weather on Facebook. 

6/30/2023 12:12 pm  #52

Carol, what a beautiful quilt this is going to be! I knew it would be a lot of work because of so much seam matching. I never did hear what happened to Nora, but I assumed it was a swimming accident. They were all very active in sports. I have followed Bonnie from Kentucky to Texas, to Georgia and back to Kentucky. I watched her kids grow up on FB. Thanks for the picture! I've been wanting to see how it was going. Thanks to you & Lisa for all the hard work. I'm glad you can take a break from the Astro tours.

Holly, I get notifications from Alexa about bad weather in my area. This morning I had two...one was a thunderstorm warning and the other was bad air quality. I also use Yahoo weather app and local channel apps.

I was up until 3 am with Sandy barking at nothing. I don't know if she was in pain, still hungry or just lonely. This is happening more frequently. Now she is exhausted & sleeping. She has a vet appt. on Monday and I have a lot of questions.

BJ, your posts are better! You and Frank may be slow these days but you still have each other and that's wonderful! 
I put Sevin dust on my tomato plants and my zinnias this morning. The June bugs are eating them up. Then it rained, which I really didn't think it would. Oh well, I'll do them again later. My rose bushes have the same problem. Glad I didn't do them!

Greg came and put the grill together. It took longer than we anticipated so at 8 pm we headed to Chickfila. When we got home, a package from Amazon was on the porch with all the grill accessories; perfect timing! You have to "season" a grill, so we came home and fixed a lb. of bacon, took 12 minutes. Delicious! I had boiled eggs for breakfast and bacon.  I tried the ice water method for the boiled eggs & it works great. They peeled really easy. 

I'm meeting Greg and Carter at Texas Roadhouse at 4:30. I haven't seen Carter since they went on their trip out west. 

Theresa, don't give in and bring your Mom home. She got used to you being with her every day and that is part of the loneliness she feels. It took my sister many, many months to get used to being in a nursing home. She doesn't say anymore "when am I getting out of here." Now she says it feels like home and she doesn't want to go to her home anymore. It takes time for such a big adjustment. I know this is hard on both of you. Hugs! 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/30/2023 12:13 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/30/2023 1:54 pm  #53

Some eye candy.  This is the "wedding quilt from he**" that I made for the lady who gave us Bailey.  The fussy cut squares were supposed to be 9 3/4".  The instructions said 9 1/4".  Grrr.  

Anyway, I named it Roses for Love and Happiness.  By the way, the only fabric I bought was the backing.  It measures 76" x 76".  The quilting is in red thread.  

Last edited by Needlecrazy (6/30/2023 1:55 pm)

6/30/2023 2:31 pm  #54

And some more.  This one is going to MD Anderson Ovarian Cancer Quilt Auction Fundraiser.  They do it every other year.  This is my (I think) 5th donation.

I can't remember whether it was MaryLou or Patty who posted a link to Ricky Tims' videos on making a Kool Kaleidoscope.  I just wanted to see the video, LOL.  Then it was "it can't hurt just to find that fabric collection from the lqs."  Then it was "it can't hurt just to sew some strata."  Yeah, the dining room curtains had to wait for two weeks.  

Anyway, I loved doing it, and since the ovarian cancer color is teal, I thought it would be perfect.  

Last edited by Needlecrazy (6/30/2023 2:33 pm)

6/30/2023 4:15 pm  #55

Afternoon y'all! 
DS we got rain too!  Better than 90*+! 
Carol they are beautiful! 
Got my walk in.  It's hard doing my usual route.  I have not walked it in almost 8 months.  It's further than I walked at my mom's!  The last bit is hard in the heat! 
Hubby bought a new grill.  The amazing part is he bought a new grill!  Tonight is HOBO dinners.  Smells great!  While cooking hubby noticed a hawk on the swing set in the back yard!  He was huge and looked to be eating his/her dinner!  Hubby looked it up and it's a red tail hawk!  Beautiful and majestic bird! 
No lawyer emails today!  Did get a call from ours and the deeds for the properties are progressing!  We think the deal for the lake is going to fall through.  Is what it is!  
Filling out paperwork for mom, for the dentist, doctor, and foot doctor, that come to her.  One has an additional ''fee" for paperwork!  Really!  Extortion of people on Medicare!  I hate it, but it would be easier than hauling her around! 
Dinner is ready! 
Later my Friends! 

6/30/2023 4:51 pm  #56

Carol that is great! I chickened out in making one. Maybe someday I'll watch the video again and give it a try.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/30/2023 10:08 pm)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

6/30/2023 8:19 pm  #57

Carol, beautiful quilts! I especially love the colors in the first one. 

Embroidery Library designs are on sale until July 5th...buy 1 at regular price, get 1 free. I have plenty, but there's always more you see and want...can become an addiction, lol. 

This hybrid tea rose, called Shirley's Bouquet, stayed in a container all last summer and thru the winter. I thought it was dead, but decided to plant it anyway. Here's the first and only rose. There's only one green stem, so it still may die. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/30/2023 8:24 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/30/2023 9:49 pm  #58

Carol- the quilts are beauties!

6/30/2023 10:04 pm  #59

Finally able to get back in, it's been awhile LOL

THERESA I expected things to be not so good, she will settle, agree with everyone else, keep onto staff, and also remember to take time for yourself. It is hard enough without you being torn into so many directions ((((hugs))))
Change for her is so hard, and she is so used to having you around all the time, maybe every 2nd day only go twice, YES you will hear about it, but change will happen for her, and she will begin to feel like this is now home.

​CAROL fantastic pics, that is a lot of work, I do love the kaleidoscope quilt too, don't blame you for 'just looking' at fabric, the the technique LOL, sounds like me. I won't, I won't, then before I know it I've started my 3rd Dear Jane LOL

SANDRA a small wind, but lots of fun! I hope the rain is just enough and not too much! Have to be careful what we wish for sometimes LOL I wanted more rain, then it didn't stop, if we had veg they would have been ruined.

DEVONNE you get so much accomplished in your garden, makes me feel slack, I did go and dead head the roses, need to cut them back soon.

MARYLOU (((((((((hugs)))))))) that would have been quite a shock for you, I hope the treatment is great for her and she copes well with it. I'm glad she has help, and hope things go well with her move back.

INDY strange visit for you with D, maybe he just wants to re-start his life, sounds like he wants to make changes, hope he does well with his life and enjoys it. Are ML & Bill ok, they will be getting home before you know it.

JANET you do have the house from He%%, so much needing to be done all the time, I'm looking forward to hearing about the Pfaff, I read about it - sounds like a bigger, better version than mine.

HOLLY how is John, is he able to get up? Maybe it's time for him to be in 24 hour care, we hate to think of that happening, but sometimes it's best ((((hugs))))

BJ I am so impressed with how you are communicating now, we can all see such a huge difference in even just the last few months. Hope Frank is feeling better, and having  nothing to do all day is just fine - enjoy it!!

We are settling in at home, the internet was abysmal for days, they have told me they will credit the account, told the guy I wanted a case number, he wasn't going to give it, luckily I was on the iPad using my phone's hotspot, otherwise couldn't even contact them, I took images of all the 'conversation' we had. They better not renege on our deal.

W had news from his sister (well, her family) in Tasmania, we have very little contact with her, she has never wanted contact with any family - she was taken to hospital, now in palliative care. She just gave up on life after her husband died, must be well over 10 yrs ago. 
His brother was hoping W would go now, but W said there is nothing we can do, and hopefully David will stay here, he might otherwise be down there for weeks, and she can't speak to us, we know we'll have to go for the funeral. It's sad, and he is sad about it but not emotional. He always calls her at Christmas and birthdays, and a few other times over the year, but when her DH died she just shut herself away, wouldn't even send Christmas cards. Life is what you make it, and she hasn't wanted hers for a long long time, and that is more sad than her dying.

I'll  get back here later today to start threads, had the list all ready and no internet, today it seems fine!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/01/2023 1:47 am  #60

STARTED THREADS FOR 2 MONTHS THIS TIME, Just in case we get caught travelling at the end of the month

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera