OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/27/2023 9:08 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 25 ~ SAT JULY 1

JANET......FUNNY THING, I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING.....MONEY PIT.  IT SEEMS SOMETHING IS ALWAYS DIGGING INTO YOUR POCKETS.  GLAD TO HEAR THAT THIS TIME THE A/C IS UNDER WARRANTY.

CAROL........LOVED THE SAYINGS.  IT MADE ME SMILE..  ALWAYS A GOOD THING.
I WISH I COULD SEND YOU SOME OF OUR RAIN SINCE I ONLY REALLY NEED AN INCH A WEEK. THE REST IS OVERDOING IT BUT I'M SURE THE FORESTS ARE THANKFUL.

DEVONNE.......I DO NOT HAVE ANY TOMATOES YET, BUT LOTS OF BLOSSOMS ON THE PLANTS AND ON THE PEPPERS AS WELL.

BJ.....ITS A SPECIAL DAY FOR YOU AND FRANK TODAY.  64 YEARS OF WEDDED BLISS.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.  I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR DAY TOGETHER.  I KNOW IT WILL NOT BE PARTY TIME, BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN SIT AND WATCH TV TOGETHER.

ITS NOT RAINING RIGHT NOW BUT WE GOT 3/4" OF THE STUFF SINCE LATE LAST NITE AND EARLY THIS MORNING.  IT WAS POURING AT 5 THIRTY.  THEN I WENT BACK TO SLEEP FOR A FEW MORE HOURS.
CHECKED OVER MY PLANTS.  NO MORE DAMAGE ON THAT TOMATO PLANT SO MAYBE THE SHEETING DETERRED THE CULPRIT.  I WAS REALLY WORRIED IT WAS TOMATO HORNWORM AND I JUST COULDN'T FIND IT.  LOTS OF BLOSSOMS SHOWING UP TODAY.  OI SHOOK THE BRANCHES SO THE TOMATOES COULD POLLINATE THEMSELVES. THE CUKES ARE GROWING AND SO ARE THE NASTURTIUMS.  ITS A NICE GREEN GARDEN PATCH.

NOTHING MUCH PLANNED FOR THE DAY.  SOME COOKING, OF COURSE.  THE CHOPS NEED ATTENTION.  LAST NITE FOR SUPPER I MADE BREAKFAST......BACON, AND POACHED EGGS DROPPED ON LEFTOVER OVEN-ROASTED POTATOES.  MMMMM GOOD.  I HAVE TO HAVE BREAKFAST FOR SUPPER ONCE IN A WHILE SINCE I ONLY HAVE FRUIT AND JUICE FOR MY BREAKFAST.  KEEPS ME REGULAR.

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES.  HUGS, QB S 

PS......I HAVE UPDATED MY BLOG WITH PICTURES IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.  MY GARDEN IS VERY GREEN.

Last edited by quiltbea (6/27/2023 10:22 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/27/2023 10:45 am  #22

Good Morning to everyone!!  Quiltbea, thanks for remembering our anniversary.  That was very nice.   Hard to believe it's been 64 years, Frank didn't remember either!  Oh well, just another day.  Rhonda is fixing our dinner tonight for us, which she does every night, but tonight she is fixing something special.  She's a keeper.  Tracy is on her way to Maine.  She sent us an email.  She's a keeper, too!!

Have no great plans for the day.  Good lord, just saw a car drive up and it's the woman from Eden Health!  Thought she was coming at 12:30.  Oh well, just as well to have her out of the way.  Well, she told me she left a message yesterday, I don't remember how to get messages off my phone!  She said someone else is coming at 12:30.  Wow!!!

My friends, Diane and Dick, are coming after lunch.  So they'll be here at the same time.  Lord, so much going on.   Well, Sharon is here so I'd better get off the computer and be a hostess, of some sort!!  Hope you all have a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (6/27/2023 10:46 am)

6/27/2023 11:59 am  #23

Carol, how funny.  I love, love those kind of quips.  So sorry about your extreme heat.  It's alarming.  Glad you have a choice about whether you work or not.    

We were going to W-M and then Beef Mart today, but since I slept so poorly, we're not.  I sound like a broken record about the sleeping issue.  It's so frustrating.    We had a bombshell (a good one if there's such a thing) drop on us Saturday.  Howard was just finishing up exchanging the last blind in our sunroom when the doorbell rang.  I, with H. right behind me, went to the door and a man stood outside.  I waited long seconds for him to state his business but he said nothing, so I said, "may I help you?"  Turns out it was David and Howard didn't recognize him, either.  He's lost a lot of weight and had a totally bald head and a scraggly longish beard.  We hadn't heard from him nor seen him for 44 months!  

We awkwardly greeted him and "tap danced" because we didn't know him and invited him in.  After some small talk, I asked what was up and told him we knew some of it (from ML via Facebook).  He stayed 2 1/2 hours, never sitting once, just standing and telling us about his impending divorce and his side of all of it.  He was completely open and honest and at the end said he couldn't make up for or change the past, but for him he was trying every day to do the right thing from now on.  This all was obviously very difficult for him.  He came on his motorcycle and admitted he took the long way here (about 3 hrs.) I'm sure he wondered what kind of reception he'd get.  We were kind, understanding, he and I did most of the talking. Howard was mostly quiet as he often is now.  He wouldn't sit down, wouldn't accept a drink or the sandwich I offered him.  Said he had to get back and let his dog out.  Rita moved our 4 weeks. ago with Joel so he's living alone in his house with a bed and a couch.  She took everything else.  He said hard as it was, he's at peace and has slept the best in years and that he couldn't live the rest of his life with no relationship, no talking, nothing but working many many hours to avoid the discord at home.  
He turned 50 last November and that was a factor.  Plus all the kids are grown.  Joel will always have spina bifida, but he's 20 now and working.    Sorry this is so long but just wanted to tell you all since I've shared so much other stuff about them and us...

Need to go eat some lunch.  Am so glad to have all the 6 blinds changed and operable, now.  And most of all CLEAN!    
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/27/2023 12:17 pm)

6/27/2023 2:27 pm  #24

AFTERNOON ALL!

JANET SO SORRY ABOUT THE AC IN YOUR HOUSE. HOPE AN EASY FIX THAT IS COVERED BY WARRENTY.

HOLLY GLAD THE PROCEDURE IS OVER AND ALL IS WELL. THE PREP IS THE WORSE PART. THAT WAS FAST.  HOPE HE TAKES IT EASY THE REST OF THE DAY.

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THERESA! HOPE THE MOVE IS GOING WELL.

WATERED TOMATOES THIS MORNING AGAIN, BUT DIDN'T THE SHRUBS. HOPE I DID RIGHT. NOT MUCH OF A CHANCE OF OF RAIN TODAY. SURE GOT SPOILED WITH ALL THE RAIN LAST WEEK AND NOT NEEDING TO WATER. STILL NEED TO WATER THE SHELTERED POTS EVEN IF DOES RAIN. WASHED SEVERAL OF THE CHAIRS THIS MORNING. ANY IDEAS FOR KEEPING THE BIRDS OFF THEM? HOPE TO GET SOME OVERS, BUT IN THE MEAN TIME, WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THAT DROPPING FREE.  HOPE TO DO THE OTHERS IN THE NEXT DAY OR  SO. HOSED OFF A LITTLE BIT OF THE PATIO. WANT TO SIT OUT THERE SOME WITH MY MORNING TEA AND ALSP PUT THE INSIDE PLANTS OUTSIDE.

EXPENDED ALL MY ENERGY OUTSIDE, SO HAVEN'T FELT LIKE DOING WHAT I WANTED TO DO INSIDE. OH WELL. IT WILL WAIT.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS...............................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/27/2023 3:08 pm  #25

Afternoon y'all! 
Thank you for the birthday wishes.  I will celebrate at another time! 
Mom is moved in to her new "digs"!  Saturday was busy!  Hubby ponied up for pizza, for the kids and myself once we got home!   
Sunday, we went to see mom, they get her up at 7 am to make sure she eats breakfast.  She doesn't like watching some of the residents eat with their hands.  She did like that we sat with her while she had lunch!  
Monday, I'm trying to ween her from me constantly being at her beck and call!  I visit twice a day.  Morning before my walk, and evening.  Last night we hung her pictures.  She said it looks more like home. 
She told me today that it was depressing there, and she wants to go back to Columbia!  I told her my home is here, I'm not going back there to live. 
Today I visited, and walked!  I'm slowly unpacking myself, I spend most of my time doing paperwork for this that or the other thing.  Or I'm on the phone trying to get stuff done! 
I need me a good corner to hide in!  Sunday night, a friend/neighbor was killed in a car crash on his way home from visiting his wife at the hospital.  Yesterday, another friend/neighbor passed, he has been in failing health for some time now and was on hospice.  So lost 2 in 24 hours, hard to grasp and make sense of it all! 
On the lake inspection, this guy is a drama king.  The way he wrote stuff you would think a slight breeze would bring the house down!  I'm sure they are supposed to do things that way, but it's frustrating and the buyers want another 25 K taken off!  I don't think so, "as is" is what was written on the contract! We may lose the sale! 
There is a couple things we will take care of, but the rest is not reasonable!  Mom does not have the money! 
The lake house is next to Janet's house when you look up money pit! 
Hubby brought up my 4th of July decorations.  I will pull some to put in Mom's room.   I need to go through the bin and see what I can take before we go tonight! 
Hubby and I are going to email the realtor tonight with what we are going to "repair" at the lake.  Hopefully this goes well, I need this sale to go through, we will talk to our neighbors who referred this realtor to us for their opinion before we compose the email! 
I think this catches you up with my normal corner of the world! 
Later my Friends! 

6/27/2023 4:57 pm  #26

Theresa-welcome back!
  It wouldn’t be so bad doing all this work, IF I liked the house and location.  Sigh.

6/27/2023 5:22 pm  #27

Oh wow...this board has been busy! I did get my oil changed today & that's all I've done. It's too hot!

BJ, Rhonda and Tracy are indeed both keepers! You wrote a really good post today. Happy Anniversary to you and Frank.

Linda, I know what you mean about doing a few things and your energy is gone. I think this happens to me more often because I don't get even sleep, which is my fault for watching TV, lol.

Sandra, I will look at your blog shortly. 

Judy, what a surprise visit! What do you think his motive was? I hope it was guilt because he hasn't seen his Dad nor you in so long, or maybe he just needed some emotional support and someone to talk too. Did he say when he would visit again?

Carol, did you send your Texas heat to Georgia? I laughed about the plastic bags in produce. I watch people trying to get them open & I do help some elderly people.

Theresa, those comments by your Mom are to be expected. This is like going to stay at a stranger's house to her. I had a similar experience with our "potential" buyer and his inspection company. They said the trusses were warped in the attic! I got my own inspectors and they said that was absurd. I did take $10k off from the price because it did need a french drain installed. My realtor said if they didn't accept it, we have plenty more buyers anxiously waiting in line.

Oh, Janet, I feel so sorry for you. Why would you spend so much money on a place that you've never been happy in? I hope it was zero cost to you. Our house would have turned into a money pit if I had chosen to stay there. I'm so glad I moved.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/27/2023 5:28 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/27/2023 6:15 pm  #28

Hi ladies!
I know it has been a long minute since you heard from me, but I do think about you all and hope you are doing well.
Our DD is getting married in August, so between my sewing & embroidery projects, I have been shortening her wedding dress. I also took my Mom's wedding dress apart and turned the skirt into a skirt she can wear for the dance. Just a little more trimming/sewing and she can come down for final fittings. I ordered my outfit, but need to find sandals and then hem it.
This week we are camping. It is our 2nd trip out with the MH this year. DH loves to go out and so I go and worry about the sewing when I get back home.  We stayed in WA, but are up near Port Angeles, BJ.  We will be home again Friday and DGD will be coming to spend the weekend.  One of the last times she was down we planted all kinds of flower seeds in pots~ they were doing great when we left, I hope the sprinklers have been watering them.
Happy belated anniversary BJ!
Good luck with your mom & the house Theresa. My Mom got quite ornery when we had to move them to first assisted living, and then the nursing home.  Being the daughter, she felt safe yelling at me~ the boys she knew wouldn't come back if she yelled at them.

Well, hubby has the grill fired up so time to go~~~
to all,
~Sandie

6/28/2023 7:32 am  #29

Devonne- they are coming tomorrow to look at the AC unit.   As far as the house, it’s a long story that I doubt anyone is really interested in.  Let’s just say, and these are his words, This is the biggest mistake I’ve ever made”.  😞
   On a high note, we are going to pick up my new machine later today.  I hope I love it.  I’d go alone but it’s beyond my comfort zone. 

6/28/2023 8:09 am  #30

Janet, congratulations on picking up the new machine! Have fun with it!

I did a blog post with the Afghan in progress on it. I’m happy with how it’s going. 

Today is lunch with the teachers, always fun.

6/28/2023 8:10 am  #31

NOTHING MUCH TO REPORT TODAY.  ITS RAINING AGAIN.  OUR FORESTS NEED IT.  WHEN I SEE HOW THE REST OF THE COUNTRY IS NEEDING RAIN, I AM GLAD OF OURS.

BINGO TONITE.  I WILL BE CALLING AGAIN.  I HOPE TO WIN A LITTLE.

NO GREAT PLANS HERE IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.
WISHING YOU ALL WELL.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/28/2023 8:11 am)

6/28/2023 9:53 am  #32

Good Morning, it is 60* and sunny, so looks like it will be a nice day.  It is almost 9 and Frank is still sound asleep.  It's a good thing.  He really needs to rest, spends most of the day sleeping.  Tracy called me yesterday, had a nice little visit, she was nearly at her cousin's house, so will have a place to sleep tonight.  Do believe she is moving on to Maine today, not sure, but think so.

I really don't have anything to say this morning so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

6/28/2023 11:41 am  #33

I enjoyed coffee on the patio this morning and watched a hummingbird at the feeder. I've only seen 2 or 3 the last two years. My morning goal was to spray weed killer in my corner beds, but there was a breeze so couldn't do it. I still haven't put out the pine straw I bought over a week ago. I'll do that this evening, as my lawn guy is coming tomorrow.

There was a huge bee on my phlox plant. It was at least 1" long and solid black. Don't know what it was, and rarely see them. 

I ordered a pellet grill made by Rec Teq. Greg has had two of them and loves them. It will be here tomorrow and he's coming Saturday to put it together, and teach me how to use it. I haven't had a grill in years! Need to rearrange my pots to make room.

Janet, good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone and going alone. I think you are going to love your new machine!

Holly, nice job on the afghan. I saw it on FB.

Sandie, good to hear from you. Did you see the art quilt by Amberlee Perry on FB? I was blown away! Would love to sit and watch someone do art quilts and how they get the tiny details. Enjoy your camping. The sewing projects will always be waiting.

Sandra, enjoyed looking at your blog and your garden. Everything looks great, so much better than my 3 tomatoes, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/28/2023 11:45 am)

D e v o n n e

6/28/2023 1:22 pm  #34

The past weekend was both good and bad.  Lynn came as I expected and David surprised me by also coming.  They don't get to see each other very often.  Lynn and I did a bit of shopping, some cooking, and just spending time together on Friday before David got here.  The bad part was that she had some bad news.  She has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She had it in right breast 21 years ago.  This lump is in the left breast.  The biopsy indicates the same type of cancer but the doctors don't think it is from the first round.    She wanted to tell me in person but had already talked to David about it, and he came up to be here when she told me to support both of us.  She has already had several scans and tests and so far everything else looks good.  The echo shows that her heart is strong.  Brain scan was clear.  She will be getting a port on Friday and start chemo next week.  She considered a new treatment that reduces the amount of hair loss but decided that sitting with ice on her head for 6 hours every week (causing severe headaches, neck and shoulder pain, sometimes even body aches) wasn't worth it.  Especially since she couldn't color her hair or use heat on it.  So she will go shopping for a wig soon.  She will have 12 weeks of weekly treatments with two drugs followed by another 12 weeks of treatments every 3 weeks of another drug.  Then she will have surgery.  The doctors have said they will evaluate how the treatment to working and may be able to shorten the treatment time. 

You may remember that she and her husband have been separated for 3 years.  He has wanted to mend their marriage all along but she felt she couldn't trust him after him having an affair.  During this time, they have been to counseling separately and together.  Over the past several months he has been extra nice to her, doing things for her  that he didn't even do when they were together ( such as getting service done on the car).  And he has always been telling her that he wants her back and will be there for her if and when she is ready.  He has been taking her to appointments and saying that he will take care of her through all of this.  So she is going to move back in with him.  I think she was about to do that anyway but now she really needs him.  I'm too far away to help and couldn't do all she will need even if close.  She has several close friends that will support her too. 

Last edited by Pvillelou (6/28/2023 1:29 pm)

6/28/2023 7:28 pm  #35

Mary Lou, I’m so sorry about Lynn’s news, you must be devastated. I wish scientists would put every research dollar into finding a cure for cancer, too many people are affected. 

Devonne, what’s a pellet grill? Is it for inside or outside?

Judy, sounds like a tense afternoon with your son! 

6/28/2023 8:11 pm  #36

I waited until 8 pm to do the pine straw. I only got the right side done. I put the weed killer out at 3 pm and it didn't work. I pulled up a bunch of weeds in my azalea bed, threw out fertilizer, watered the flowers on the patio & I was pooped. I'll get back out there early in the morning. 

Marylou, I'm so sorry to read about Lynne. I'm glad she is moving back in with her husband. She will need his help. I'll be getting my 3rd mammogram in August. Hope everything will be ok. 

Holly, it's an outdoor grill that uses wood pellets. I didn't want a propane gas grill, as gas scares me & I can't lift the tanks when they need to be filled

I'm back to watching Manifest again on Netflix. I started all over as I had forgotten a lot of it. 

D e v o n n e

6/29/2023 7:42 am  #37

MARYLOU.......SO SORRY FOR THE DIAGNOSIS FOR LYNN.  I KNOW SHE NEEDS SUPPORT, SO GOING BACK WITH HER DH IS PROBABLY BEST.  HE SOUNDS LIKE HE TURNED OVER A NEW LEAF.

ITS STOPPED RAINING.  I KNOW WE ARE GETTING MORE LATER TODAY BUT IN THE MEANTIME TEMPS IN THE HIGH 60S AND LOW 70S ARE EXPECTED THROUGHOUT THE DAY.  NICE.

I WON 3.25 AT BINGO LAST NITE SO THAT WAS A GOOD ONE. WE HAD TIME TO CHAT BEFORE WE STARTED.  ALWAYS NICE TO TALK A BIT.

MY DAY WILL BE QUIET.  I KNOW YOU ARE SURPRISED![img]https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/don't-tell-anyone.png[/img]  I NEED TO CHECK MY RAIN GAUGE AND SHAKE A FEW TOMATO BRANCHES TO POLLINATE.  NO RUSH THOUGH SO WILL WAIT AND MAKE ONE TRIP DOWNSTAIRS TO GET MY MAIL AND CHECK THINGS OUT.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/29/2023 7:45 am)

6/29/2023 9:10 am  #38

I got 1/3 of the pine straw done in the azalea bed. There were more weeds to pull than I realized. It was 72, but said it felt like 94. The June bugs are eating my roses, so I need to spray them. I had to come inside for now. My lawn guy is coming today.

Greg is really excited about me getting a new grill. He loves this brand, RecTeq. It's made here in Georgia. It's coming today & he'll be here to put it together after his ex picks up Carter. I need to rearrange my flower pots on the patio for space for it.

Starting in October, Greg has to work 3 days a week in the office. They give you flexible hours & he's not sure how strict they will be. 

Theresa, hope things are settling down a little for your Mom and you, and the guy didn't back out on the lake house. 

I am off to fix a bowl of cereal and call my sister. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/29/2023 9:11 am)

D e v o n n e

6/29/2023 9:28 am  #39

Good Morning to everyone!  I'm already worn out, did my exercises, helped Frank put on his medicine and bandages, poor guy, it's been a long time, but is finally healing.  It is so still outside, but the sun is shining!!!  Good thing!!! It's 62* here at the moment.   I'm sure Jamie will be here this weekend and will mow the lawn.  It's not bad at all, but a mowing will help.

One of my nurses is coming at 9, so need to be ready for her.  Think I will go grab a cup of coffee.  Got my coffee and a couple of breakfast balls, they're really yummy!!  Just need them to thaw a bit and I'll dig in.  Don't really have anything to say this morning, Frank is getting ready to go have coffee with the guys.  Orland is coming to pick him up.  Not sure he should be driving any more, but he still does.

The garbage guy is coming this morning, hard to say what time.  He is such a nice fellow, brings our garbage pail up and puts it away for us.  A real keeper.  Well, I will sign off now and wish you all well, BJ.

Last edited by WA-BJ (6/29/2023 9:30 am)

6/29/2023 9:33 am  #40

We have an air quality alert, and the humidity is only 60%! 
I planned ahead, and took butter out last night to come to room temp. This morning I made 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies with raisins. I can do 2 dozen at a time with the big cookie sheets.

We’re having lunch with our friend Franny today.

Board footera