OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/28/2023 3:32 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JUNE 25 ~ SAT JULY 1

Good grief, 1/2 way through the year already!!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/25/2023 12:29 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 25 ~ SAT JULY 1

Good morning everyone,
We got back late Friday night after a LONG day driving. 
I tried all day yesterday to get here, internet dropping out all day, it was really frustrating, no one could do anything. TV keep going out, John and Pete both trying to get work done, seems a bit better today, but I had sewing all day aft an early session of group fitness.

I will check in tomorrow to see how you all are doing

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to THERESA hope the move is going OK ((((hugs))))

I'll start threads for July tomorrow night - when you are all asleep, hopefully.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/25/2023 3:01 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/25/2023 8:06 am  #3

Good morning! Temp already in the 80’s with 70% humidity! Summer in jersey! AC still on, thunderstorms predicted for tonight and tomorrow. 

Trish, glad you got home ok.

6/25/2023 8:33 am  #4

Welcome home, Trish.
   The guys are here working on our retaining wall and stairs.  They also plan to trim shrubs and mulch.  Unusual for them to work on a Sunday but 2 1/2 weeks of rain has put them behind.  They worked all day yesterday and got here about 7:30 this morning. 
    The sun is finally shining….so nice to see. 
Working on my sewing room this weekend.  Thought I should clean, sort and tidy up.  I’d rather be sewing.

Last edited by Missmommy (6/26/2023 4:39 am)

6/25/2023 8:41 am  #5

Welcome home, Trish! This year is flying by. 

D e v o n n e

6/25/2023 9:07 am  #6

TRISH......ITS ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR THAT SOMEONE GOT HOME SAFELY.  NOW YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU LIKE AND TAKE YOUR TIME, TOO.

JANET......IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE A GOOD DAY TODAY.

DEVONNE.......HOW IS YOUR GARDEN GROWING?

LINDA......HOW ARE YOU DOING LATELY.  ARE YOUR FLOWERS BRINGING YOU JOY?

ITS A LOVELY START FOR OUR DAY WITH SUNSHINE, BUT RAIN EXPECTED IN THE AFTERNOON.  I JUST CHECKED ON MY GARDEN.  SOMETHING IS EATING SOME OF MY TOMATO BRANCHES.  I CHECKED FOR TOMATO HORNWORM BUT COULN'T FIND ANYTHING SO I PLACES SOME SHEETING IN FRONT OF THE PLANTS TO HOPEFULLLY DETER WHATEVER IT IS.
I ALSO PICKED LETTUCE, THYME, AND PARSLEY.  PUT THE HERBS IN JARS WITH WATER AND THE LETTUCE ON WET PAPER TOWELING.  I PLAN TO HAVE SOME WITH A CHICKEN SANDWICH FOR LUNCH.  I ALSO GOT 2 MORE RADISHES.  NO MORE LEFT IN THE ROWS SO I WILL ENJOY THEM FRESH WHILE I CAN.  THE ONLY WEATERING I DID WAS TO THE CUKE STARTS.  THEY ARE BIG DRINKERS.

I ROASTED SOME GARLIC TATERS AND CARROTS LAST NITE AND TOSSED A CHICKEN BREAST ON TOP.  MMMM, GOOD EATING.  I HAVE LEFTOVERS, OF COURSE.

THAT'S MY EXCITEMENT FOR THE DAY.  BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/25/2023 9:14 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/25/2023 2:04 pm  #7

Sandra, I only have 3 tomatoes and they aren't doing really good. I'm going to fertilize them after the sun sets. It's rained on them too much and I planted them too late.

I finally got the hummingbird feeders cleaned & hung out. Really late on doing this.

Janet, are your major outdoor projects almost over?

Theresa, hope the move went well this weekend.

Greg and I are trying to plan a cruise for February 2024 on the brand new Royal Caribbean Icon of the Seas. It doesn't debut until January 2024. It's really expensive, but he didn't want to do Carnival again. They got back at 3:30 am. Had an hour flight delay in Tucson. We've been on the phone discussing this cruise for over an hour, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/25/2023 2:17 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/25/2023 2:14 pm  #8

Well, I haven't been able to post for a few days as the board changed on me.  Tracy is here today and helped me figure it out.  So, we are getting ready to leave now to get some chocolates, I like one a day, well maybe two!!!!  So will just say Hi and Goodbye as we are ready to leave.  Am so glad I got back on here, Love you all, BJ.

6/25/2023 8:45 pm  #9

Welcome back BJ, good that you got it figured out.

Janet, that's what happens to me too.  I'm ready to sew but things have collected in the sewing room so I have to straighten first then the time has gone so no sewing.

We have finally gotten some rain!!!  What green grass was left is getting long but still lots of brown.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

6/26/2023 4:47 am  #10

Patty- you described my day exactly!
Devonne- not exactly.  Both driveways need a lot of work. We have several estimates for all gravel (as we had) or paving it $$$.  The under deck drainage system has to be done.  The old one which was falling down was torn down when the new deck was done. Two outside doors in the back need to be replaced.  Two trees need major work.  Aren’t you glad you asked, lol.
Sandra and Devonne- most vegetable gardens around here are flooded and from what I’ve heard are ruined after 9 straight days of heavy rain.  Pity.
  Gotta run, I have a list of things/places to go to today….UPS Store, gym, trash, grocery store, Verizon store to get DHs iPad fixed, and lawn and garden/hardware store.  At least they are all in a small radius of about 3 miles but it will waste my entire morning.

6/26/2023 9:20 am  #11

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HEAVY RAIN THAT IS FLOODING GARDENS.  HAVING RAISED BEDS HELPS THAT A LOT.  THE WATER HAS SOMEWHERE ELSE TO DRAIN OFF BUT 10 INCHES MAY STILL BE PROBLEMATIC.

BJ......I FIND THAT WHEN MY COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY UPDATES, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING DIFFERENT.  MAKES ME PULL OUT MY HAIR SOMETIMES.  GLAD YOU ARE ALL SET NOW.

DEVONNE......IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE NOT TIRED OF CRUISING JUST YET.  THE NEW ONE SHOULD HAVE SURPRISING THINGS TO ENJOY.

THEY ASSURE US WE ARE GETTING RAIN TODAY,  YESTERDAY IT WAS JUST A LIGHT SPRINKLE FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES AND NOTHING ACCUMULATED.  I AM HOPING FOR MORE TODAY SINCE I HAVE NOT WATERED TODAY.

I HAVE PORK CHOPS DEFROSTED SO THAT'S ON THE COOKING MENU TODAY.  HAVE NO IDEA ON POTATOES YET.
I KNOW I WANT TO MAKE SOME PUDDING.

ITS MY LATE DH's 87TH BIRTHDAY TODAY.  HE'S BEEN GONE 19 YEARS AND GOSH, I STILL MISS HIM.  TODAY WILL BE A SAD DAY FOR ME.  I WILL TRY NOT TO DWELL ON THE LOSS.

STAY WELL MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/26/2023 9:26 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/26/2023 9:44 am  #12

Good morning.

If anyone has any extra rain, please send it here.  We're baking as we head into our third week of every day recording 100+ degrees (actual temps, not "feels like").  The "feels like" is something upwards of 110+ every day.  

Janet, good luck with all of that outdoor work.  It sounds like major project on top of major project.  Not fun for anyone.  

Sandra, hugs on your sad day.  

Trish, glad you are home from that bowls marathon.  

Theresa, hoping for a check-in and some good news about your mom's status.  

I'm working very few days at the ballpark.  It's just too hot, we have lots of young people home from college who want the hours, and I have lots of projects to get done.  Win, win for everyone.  I'm off to quilt -- donation quilt for MD Anderson Ovarian Cancer Research fundraiser is due by the end of the week.  It's on the frame.  I'll post pictures later.  

Stay cool and dry, everyone.  Trish, stay warm!

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

6/26/2023 9:59 am  #13

Good Morning to everyone.  It is a beautiful day here, only 60* here at the moment, know it will get lots warmer as the day progresses.  Can tell my brain is getting a bit better since my stroke, but a long ways to go.  It is wonderful hearing from everyone.  It is totally still outside, who knows what the day will bring, but it is sunny!

Had lots of company over the past few days, Tracy stayed a long time, but finally left around 8 last night, she had a Dr. appt the first thing this morning, around 8 and called me, she was on her way.  Hope it's nothing serious!!  But she has been feeling crummy.

Well, I have nothing to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

6/26/2023 11:08 am  #14

We had a severe thunderstorm yesterday evening. The lightning was horrible. Greg was in Douglasville & came to visit me in the downpour. Best Buy was giving him a hard time about returning a camera. His power is out and won't be restored until 9 pm tonight. There are major outages across Georgia. I was lucky!

Carol, I read about the heat in Texas. Be careful outside. Can you post a picture of the progress on Bonnie's quilt? 

BJ, I hope Tracy got some answers from the doctor.

Sandra, there are a lot of elderly people on cruises; lots of wheelchairs and scooters. I'll probably do one or 2 more if my health holds up.

I need to get the oil changed, but I'm waiting on Walmart's text to refill my prescriptions, so I can do both in the same trip. 

Theresa, I hope you & Todd got the move over with before the storms!

Last edited by DownSouth (6/26/2023 11:42 am)

D e v o n n e

6/26/2023 2:46 pm  #15

crossing my fingers this goes through

Internet has been dropping in and out since we got home.
typed this up and copied/pasted to try to beat the drop out, they tell me it will be fixed tomorrow.

I used to type up messages in advance on the cruise LOL then just use one minute to login and send, so trying that here.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/26/2023 4:24 pm  #16

If you resemble any of these remarks, you are not required to identify yourself!
1.  If a bottle of poison reaches its expiration date, is it no longer poisonous or is it more toxic?
2.  In the word "scent", which letter is silent, the s or the c?
3.  Every time you clean something, you make something else dirty.
4.  The word "swims" is still "swims" even if it's upside down.
5.  Over 100 years ago, everyone had a horse, and only rich people had cars.  Now, everyone has a car, but only rich people can afford horses.
6.  Why is there a "d" in fridge, but not in refrigerator?
7.  I'm responsible for what I say, not what you understand.
8.  Common sense is like deodorant.  Those who need it most never use it.
9.  My tolerance for idiots is very low right now.  I used to have some immunity, but apparently there is a new strain out there.
10.  It's not my age that bothers me; it's the side effects.  
11.  I'm not saying that I'm old and worn out, but I make sure that I'm nowhere near the curb on trash day.  One can never be too safe.
12.  As I watch the younger generations try to write our history, I'm sure of one thing:  it will be full of misspelled words and missing punctuation.
13.  As I've gotten older, people assume I'm lazy.  I'm just energy-efficient.
14.  I haven't gotten anything done today.  I'm in the produce department trying to open this stupid plastic bag.
15.  I want to be 18 and try to ruin my life again.  I have different ideas.
16.  I'm on two simultaneous diets.  There wasn't enough food on one.
17.  I put my bathroom scale in the corner and that's where the little liar is staying until it apologizes.
18.  My mind is like my internet browser:  18 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no idea where the music is coming from.
19.  It's hard to believe I once had a phone that was attached to the wall, and when it rang, I picked it up to answer the call without knowing who the caller was.
20.  My spouse says I keep pushing their buttons.  If that was true, I would have hit "mute" by now.
21.  There is no such thing as a grouchy old person.  We stopped being polite and started being honest. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

6/26/2023 4:57 pm  #17

It’s the 4th anniversary of the death of my nephew Joseph. It’s also Manda and Ben’s 13th wedding anniversary. 

Our big accomplishment today was going to the library. 

6/27/2023 5:06 am  #18

Air conditioner is not working….it’s only a year old.  Will be calling the HVAC people at 8am when they open. 🤦‍♀️. Always something here, we just can’t catch a break. 
    At least it’s under warranty….

6/27/2023 7:33 am  #19

Janet, if we look up money pit in the dictionary, is there a picture of your house? You just can’t catch a break with it! 

Ralph had a colonoscopy this morning. He had to be there at 6:45, and I just pick him up, home by a little after 9. All is well with it. 

More rain in the forecast! 

6/27/2023 7:36 am  #20

Holly-you’re right about that!  At least the AC is under warranty so shouldn’t cost us anything….I hopr

Board footera