OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/05/2023 2:31 pm  #1

Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers

Southwestern Style Stuffed Bell Peppers

6-10 bell peppers of your choice
1 lb. ground beef
1 1/2 cups diced onions
1-2 ribs of celery
2 cloves minced garlic
1 can diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes (11.5 or 14 oz)
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 15 oz can black beans
1 7 oz can roasted green chiles
1 cup corn, frozen
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
2 cups chicken broth (or beef)
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese and Provolone Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare peppers for stuffing cutting off the tops & hollowing out the centers. Cut some off bottom if necessary to make level. Save the extra to chop up & add to above. Cook for 10-15 minutes to soften the peppers and set aside.

1. Brown ground beef on medium heat, remove fat. Add onion, celery, leftover chopped up pepper pieces and cook until translucent. Add garlic and tomatoes and continue cooking 5 minutes.
2. Add black beans, corn and green chiles to the meat mixture. Stir in well and cook 3-5 minutes.
3. Add fresh cilantro, rice and chicken stock & cover the pan to cook the rice. Cook 15-20 minutes until the rice is fully cooked, Stir well.
4. Using a large spoon, begin filling the peppers. (A small dome just above the pepper should be the goal.)
5. Top each pepper with a slice of pepperjack or provolone and cook at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes to melt the cheese. Enjoy!

How I Did Mine:
I didn't use the chicken or beef broth because I had already cooked my rice so that drastically reduces the cooking time. To me, it didn't take away from the flavor. You can precook your rice in broth or water. I used the entire small can of tomato paste because I love tomato paste. I also added 1/2 cup baby carrots, cut up in round circles. I didn't use pepperjack or provolone because I have so much other cheeses I need to use. I'm sure those would be better.

Last edited by DownSouth (2/05/2023 2:52 pm)

D e v o n n e

Board footera